PDA

View Full Version : What's that?

Mad4Macs
12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Tonight, on Spike TV, they're running "The Man With The Golden Gun".
A few guys were over, some of us a little older than the others, and when the chase scene begins, I look at my best friend and say "What's a Matador?" Rob points at the orange car and I say "Oh! That's a Matador!"
The old fogies bust a gut, while the pups just stare.
:lol:

MarauderMark
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Tonight, on Spike TV, they're running "The Man With The Golden Gun".
A few guys were over, some of us a little older than the others, and when the chase scene begins, I look at my best friend and say "What's a Matador?" Rob points at the orange car and I say "Oh! That's a Matador!"
The old fogies bust a gut, while the pups just stare.
:lol:
Lol Now thats one matador that flies!:D
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82 73&d=1135980969

RoyLPita
12-31-2005, 05:06 AM
The 8 days of Bond on Spike... one way to give CSI a rest.

Last night I got sucked in to watching the last 1/2 of the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie on Speed.

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2005, 09:06 AM
.....watching the last 1/2 of the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie on Speed.

That would be the entire 'chase' seen!:baaa:

wsmylie
12-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Ahhhhhh...the Matador ad, people had alot of fun with that one at the time. Unfortunately, the car was a pretty significant "FUBAR" in it's original/fastback, 2 door version for poor financially struggling AMC. They spent a bundle they couldn't really afford to engineer and re-tool to produce that thing; built it and then it didn't sell. I remember you used to sometimes see new ones being given away at church raffles and so on; a tax write-off for the dealers stuck with excess inventories of them I would guess. You'd think they would have taken a hint from the Marlin market experience a few years prior. The later, more conventional looking squared-off version Matador didn't fare all that badly though. The 401 cubic inch V-8 police package sedan was a real terror on the street. For you South FL MM guys who go to the Tower Shops Friday night meets regularly there is a brownish orange Matador fastback that shows up there sometimes. :D

RoyLPita
12-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Ahhhhhh...the Matador ad, people had alot of fun with that one at the time. Unfortunately, the car was a pretty significant "FUBAR" in it's original/fastback, 2 door version for poor financially struggling AMC. They spent a bundle they couldn't really afford to engineer and re-tool to produce that thing; built it and then it didn't sell. I remember you used to sometimes see new ones being given away at church raffles and so on; a tax write-off for the dealers stuck with excess inventories of them I would guess. You'd think they would have taken a hint from the Marlin market experience a few years prior. The later, more conventional looking squared-off version Matador didn't fare all that badly though. The 401 cubic inch V-8 police package sedan was a real terror on the street. For you South FL MM guys who go to the Tower Shops Friday night meets regularly there is a brownish orange Matador fastback that shows up there sometimes. :D

He is usually outside of the $1.00 parking area.

RoyLPita
12-31-2005, 10:21 AM
That would be the entire 'chase' seen!:baaa:

Alright, maybe 2/3's. I got in when the owner of the 1st Eleanor got arrested at the gas station.