PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Central Florida

BUDJIM
04-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Wow, what an great web site! I already had many questions answered before asking them. I live in the Deltona/Deland area of Central Florida and I noticed another MM in my neighborhood, I was in my wife's Chevy Avalanche at the time so of course he did'nt look my way. I can't wait to come accross a Chevy Impala SS at a red light!

TAF
04-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Now get those windows tinted before the Orlando heat/humidity comes!!!!(unless you got Blue with Flint?)

yorks
04-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Hey BudJim,

Why didn't you get 20% tint. Looks like a cop car.

CRUZTAKER
04-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BUDJIM
......can't wait to come accross a Chevy Impala SS at a red light!

All in due time...ALL, in due time.....:P

What's that saying? Buy it.....and they will come......

LincMercLover
04-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by yorks
Hey BudJim,

Why didn't you get 20% tint. Looks like a cop car.

From what I hear, 20% and 15% is the same thing. Same with 30% and 35%. 20% is what dealers call their privacy tint. The 30% is used just to make the 35% not sound as bad... This info is all via Tint Crafters who just did my tint last week. I did 15% all the way around and inquired when he got on the phone with someone and mentioned 20%. 35% is the legal limit here in MO for fronts, but he wrote the ticket up for 35% front and 15% rear and told me if I ever got a ticket, just take that in to the judge and they can strike a battle with him. :up:

DLoreanMARAUDER
04-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
From what I hear, 20% and 15% is the same thing. Same with 30% and 35%. 20% is what dealers call their privacy tint.

Your right!

Originally posted by LincMercLover
35% is the legal limit here in MO for fronts

LUCKY! Here in NY 75% is the leagal limit up front. thats like NO TINT AT ALL!
OH well got 20% up front and 5% (Limo) for the rest. I always get compliments from cops "NICE CAR! thats faster than our squad cars. hey is it just me or are THOSE WINDOWS A LITTLE DARK:coolman: ?" no tickets so far "OH, now that you mention it........ BUT it came like that officer.......HONEST;)

BTW Good luck with your car AND ENJOY!

jgc61sr2002
04-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by DLoreanMARAUDER
Your right!

LUCKY! Here in NY 75% is the leagal limit up front. thats like NO TINT AT ALL!
OH well got 20% up front and 5% (Limo) for the rest. I always get compliments from cops "NICE CAR! thats faster than our squad cars. hey is it just me or are THOSE WINDOWS A LITTLE DARK:coolman: ?" no tickets so far "OH, now that you mention it........ BUT it came like that officer.......HONEST;)

BTW Good luck with your car AND ENJOY! Very true about the tint in N.Y. I checked the factory tint on a CVPI with a tint meter and it barely past. John

mdmarauder
04-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Here in MD the limit is 50% on all windows. I did 35% all the way around. It does look very dark on this car because of all the black inside. I've had it on for six months, never been pulled over. But last week an officer came up to me in a parking lot and said it was too dark. No ticket but I'm thinking I'll have to take it off and do the 50% or leave off all together.

CRUZTAKER
04-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Ohio= No more than 50% on all windows excluding windshield=0%

BUDJIM
04-08-2003, 11:28 AM
YORK,

I am changing it due to the job that was done. (little bubbly):mad: I will darken it on the back windows. Never did like getting pulled over, such a waist of time! Hmmmmm, re-think, there are a lot more female cops in our area these days. I also had the Marauder filled in on the rear bumper....SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

RF Overlord
04-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BUDJIM
I also had the Marauder filled in on the rear bumper....SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: Explain please...? :confused:

BUDJIM
04-08-2003, 11:47 AM
The lettering on the rear bumber (Marauder) You can have that painted, or a company from California makes a insert for each letter that fits in sercurely.:coolman:

BUDJIM
04-08-2003, 11:48 AM
sorry for the spelling error