PDA

View Full Version : Galactica Fans!

Donny Carlson
01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
All I can say is, whoa. That was worth the wait!

http://www.galacticastation.com/Galactica%20Station/episodes/S2guide/300/211.jpg

Anybody get the "rrrawwrrr" feeling in the scene between Admiral Caine and Starbuck?

And man, they really had to position Tricia Helfer's leg just right, or you would have seen all the way to the Cylon home world...

marauder307
01-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Thank God for TiVo. I'm stuck at work and won't be able to get in on the fun until I get home tonight. :depress:

Donny Carlson
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Thank God for TiVo. I'm stuck at work and won't be able to get in on the fun until I get home tonight. :depress:

You're gonna find out what happened to the civilian fleet that was with Pegasus. Yeep.

MI2QWK4U
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up Donny, they are replaying the episode now! missed 30 seconds....looks good.

DEFYANT
01-06-2006, 11:30 PM
God dayum. Those Cylons are pretty cute, naw... frikin hot!

GarageMahal
01-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Anybody get the "rrrawwrrr" feeling in the scene between Admiral Caine and Starbuck?

I know I did :pimp:

Blue03
01-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Yep I'm hooked on the 2 Gates and the Bots. I used to look forward to Friday Nights for other things... Now it's SciFi surround tube...sad Huh:rolleyes:

TripleTransAm
01-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Sucks... where I'm now living, I don't get access to that channel (it's a different older infrastructure that our half of the geographical area is hooked up to). Barely 30 minutes away, at my old house I had 10 extra channels available.

This is why I've missed everything beyond the first season.

mrjones
01-07-2006, 11:56 AM
My favorite Cylon now used to be "Xena - Warrior Princess".

Petrograde
01-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Good show,..

..but, I really liked Firefly. That's why they cancelled it. :mad:

Donny Carlson
01-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Sucks... where I'm now living, I don't get access to that channel (it's a different older infrastructure that our half of the geographical area is hooked up to). Barely 30 minutes away, at my old house I had 10 extra channels available.

Wow, you've missed a lot. You stopped with Adama getting two in the chest by Sharon. That version is now on ice in the Galactica morgue, another version is on board, pregnant with Helo's kid and was >< that close to getting "interrogated" by Lt. Thorn (from the Pegasus, and by "interrogate" I mean being held face down on a bed by two Marines while Thorn drops trou.) Helo and the Chief get wind of the impending rape, high tail to the brig just in time, but accidently kill Thorn in the process. They get tossed in the brig on the Pegasus, and Caine issues execution orders for murder and treason. Season 2.1 ends with Adama sending Galactica Vipers and a Raptor full of Marines to rescue them; Caine responds by sending Pegasus Vipers out to intercept.

And THAT'S how Season 2.2 opens!

Dr Caleb
01-07-2006, 06:08 PM

Dude, I hear ya. I can't get BSG, SG:Atlantis *at all* out here, even they are both made in Vancouver :mad2:

But I'd like to introduce you to my little friend:

http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=battlestar

Mike Poore
01-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Dude, I hear ya. I can't get BSG, SG:Atlantis *at all* out here, even they are both made in Vancouver :mad2:

Holy bandwidth, Batman! Did you see the size of them downloads? I can't wait to send one of 'em to my friend Hank in Maine, who has dialup. It'll take him a month to download, thereby saving me from a month of his stupid re-run jokes about old people.:geezer:

Donny Carlson
01-07-2006, 06:46 PM

I think all the episodes, inlcluding the one from Friday night, are available now on ITunes for download. Legally. ($2 and episode).

Dr Caleb
01-08-2006, 11:16 AM
I think all the episodes, inlcluding the one from Friday night, are available now on ITunes for download. Legally. ($2 and episode).

Indeed they are. Not to get all 'Canadian' on you though; if you look at the end credits of Stargate, ST:Atlantis and BSG, they all say 'Made with tax credits from the Canadian Radio and Television fund'. These funds come from levies on Cable TV access and levies on blank CD/DVD media, Cassette tapes and VCR tapes. Why should I have to pay for something that has already been paid for with my tax dollars, and my buying blank media for data storage?

Because of the levies to blank media, it is legal in Canada to download music, and TV content for the purpose of time shifting. (Uploading is still kind of a grey area). The only difference, IMHO, is I'm timeshifting BSG 6 months into the past, as we won't get this episode on cable until June.

FastMerc
01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
You bet they hit a hommer out of the park with that episode for BG gonna be a good season.

Bowman9
01-09-2006, 03:35 AM
I have been waiting all summer/fall for the new episodes to start.
I hope they start answering some questions.