PDA

View Full Version : I lost my Father

Smokie
01-08-2006, 08:17 AM
On December 4, 2005 my father suffered a massive stroke, spent 2 weeks in a hospital and was transferred to a rehab center where he started to wither away until the birth of his great grand-daughter, once he laid eyes on this beautiful gift from God he recovered his will to live and started making great progress and actually managed to walk with a lot help of course; he took tiny steps just like a child learning to walk.

Our family was overjoyed with the progress he made in two short weeks. On wednesday January 4th a large blood clot lodged in an artery in his lung and for 2 days he fought for his life, this time it was too much for him to overcome and on January 6th I lost him.

I don't know how much I will participate in the future in this forum, I can't tell you how bad I feel right now, cars don't really seem important to me at the moment, but I want my friends here to know that I do care about you I just need some time to absorb what I am feeling and be myself again. Thank you all for your friendship, Javier.

jimlam56
01-08-2006, 08:19 AM
My condolences on your loss.
Jim

rayjay
01-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Deepest sympathy on the passing of your father. Take one day at a time, it will get better, hang in there.

MikesMerc
01-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family have our deepest sympathy.

Tallboy
01-08-2006, 08:44 AM
First off, my deepest condolences. I am truly sorry for your loss, my friend.

You, however, are not alone.

As you remember, my uncle was killed in a car crash in Italy last August. That was followed by the death of my cousin and an aunt, on consecutive Saturdays in November.

Bad things happen in "threes" and I thought I was done.

Wrong.

My Uncle Chuck [I was named after him] died Friday night, December 30th. Several massive heart attacks and blood clots to major organs led to his demise. I got the call about services [I didn't know if there would be any] Saturday [New Year's Eve] at 2PM.

I was on a plane 4 hours later and spent the next 6 days in Connecticut. An absolutely heartbreaking ordeal. I didn't have time to visit friends [Sorry, Billy. I tried.] and really wasn't in the mood anyway. I'm still trying to absorb this, and am having a hard time with it.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread, Javier. I've just been looking for a way to talk about this. It is a rare occasion words fail me.

This is one of them.

RoyLPita
01-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathies.

juno
01-08-2006, 08:55 AM
My condolences Javier.

SergntMac
01-08-2006, 08:56 AM
You're in my prayers, Javier, may the Lord bless your father and keep him safe.

UAW 588
01-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I am very sorry for your loss, and my prayers go out to you and your family. God bless.

MERCMAN
01-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Please accept my heartfelt sorrow for your loss as well, I lost my dad 10 yrs ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss him. May the Lord comfort you in your loss and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you through this

JMan
01-08-2006, 09:10 AM
My deepest, most sincere condolences to both of you. Each and every year brings us new challenges and losses. You have to have the faith that the Lord has a better calling for our passed loved ones. It is those of us left behind that suffer. Have solace, knowing they are in a better, more comfortable place! I too, have had to deal with the loss of a loved one in the past 30 days. The sooner you get back to a normal structured schedule, the more bearable each day becomes. I realize you are grieving, but that too will diminish in time. I will keep you and your families in my prayers-

God Bless,

J

FastMerc
01-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Take it one day at a time my friend,healing will be slow.Sorry for your loss.Ilost an uncle who I was very close to this past summer.I still cannot believe he is gone.He was to young only 56. God bless and prayers sent:)

teamrope
01-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Condolences from the teamropes Javier. May he rest in peace.

DEFYANT
01-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Hang in there guys.. Deepest condolences

MM03MOK
01-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Javier, Mayra and the Francisco Family.....he no longer suffers and is at peace. The cherished memories will one day overcome the grief. I know only too well, having lived this same experience almost 13 years ago with my dad and his stroke. My love and prayers to you all.

Mike Poore
01-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Sorry, Smokie. Our prayers and condolences are with you and your family. How's your mom diong? That's the big issue, now, y'know.

Hotrauder
01-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Javier, As you know Penny and I experienced the joy you and Mayra felt with the birth of your Grandaughter. We also share your sorrow now and pray for the entire family. Your Dad knew the joy of the great granddaughter also and is in the hands of the Lord, now. Love and trust, gather your family close and remember what your Dad was and what he would expect. It will get easier. I lost my Dad on my birthday last June and there is still pain but I know he is with us still. So is your Dad. If there is anything we can do please let me know. Your friends Dennis and Penny

Donny Carlson
01-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Javier, you and Myra are two of the finest people I have met. My sincere condolances to you both and your family. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know, my friend.

Donny

CRUZTAKER
01-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't know how much I will participate in the future in this forum......

We'll keep the light on Mr. X.

Prayer: Lord, we are grieving now for someone we loved and cherished. The experience of death and bereavement can stir up in us feelings of fear for the future and lack of confidence. Renew our confidence that you are always with us no matter what trials face us now or in the future. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

ghost03
01-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I am Truly saddened to hear of your loss. My father passed away 3 years ago last week from a massive heart attack and I have never been the same since, but I know that he is a better place and your father is there as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May Gog Bless You And Your Family.

glassman99
01-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Javier, you are in our prayers. It was a pleasure meeting you at SSHS5.

Mad1
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Losing a parent is never easy. It's been 11 years since I lost my father and I still feel that departure as as ache at times. It won't lessen your pain now, but memories of happier times with your father will be there to help you recover a smile whenever you think of him.

Jeremy
Mad1

FordNut
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Javier, you have my sympathy. I lost my dad 3 yrs ago and the best way I found to get through it was to concentrate on the good things. Like how fortunate you all were that he got to see your Granddaughter.

Petrograde
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Javier,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

Like Barry said,.. the light is always on here.

MarauderMark
01-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry for your loss Javier.We will say a prayer.

Marauderman
01-08-2006, 01:40 PM
My sincere sorry and condolances for your loss-- Like Bunny said in post #15--the memories will serve you best of him and like I too learned long ago on my Dad's passing--thats one thing that can't be taken away--those memories serve me well now--use them ---it takes time--bless you and your family-----Mr and Ms. M------Tom

Logan
01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
My own father suffered a stroke on New Years eve, so I know exactly what you went through. Sorry to hear he didn't recover. My condolences Javier...

cyclopsram
01-08-2006, 02:42 PM
When My wife died 10 years ago, I thought it was the end.... I kept going.. When one of my little grand daughters died in the crib of SIDS, I thought it was the end.... I kept going... when I lost an eye to cancer, I thought it was the end... I kept going... Every day is a challenge.... I was 63 last week and they are making my 2006 Crown Vic Interceptor next Wednesday at STAP and by the end of the month I will be making mods....and I will keep going.... You keep the attitude right and keep going...It does no one any good to look back... look ahead and toward all the good things you can do so the folks we lost can look down and be proud.... RAM

shakes_26
01-08-2006, 03:03 PM
My sincerest condolonces Javier.

SouLRioT
01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
My deepest sympathies, Bill

Bluerauder
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
My sincere condolences to you and your family during this time of loss. OUr thoughts and prayers are with you.

the_pack_rat
01-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Best wishes & prayers to you and your family during this bad time.

Hang in there.

gonzo50
01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
May God be with you and your Family now and always, my condolence goes to you. :depress: GOD BLESS YOU.

SteveS
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. My father had a stroke about three years ago, and it has been a very difficult progression to watch. He has improved enough to get into an assisted living, but won't improve beyond that. He does not consider himself lucky to have gotten that far.

King Fubar
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Javier and Chuck, sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad Feb of 04 in a rather sudden fashion. Things will get better, like everyone said just take it one day at a time. They are in a much better place and at peace.

Mike and Chris

martyo
01-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't know how much I will participate in the future in this forum, I can't tell you how bad I feel right now, cars don't really seem important to me at the moment, but I want my friends here to know that I do care about you I just need some time to absorb what I am feeling and be myself again. Thank you all for your friendship, Javier.

Javier:

Let me share something with you.

I just this past week had the fifth year memorial of my father's death. He was my best friend and I suffer my loss of him everyday.

On the other hand, I know my Dad is with me in spirit as I travel through my life. He made me the success that I feel I am. I didn't always understand what he did to me and why, but I now know the answers and am glad he did what he did. My Dad would approve of the (dysfunctional) family we have here and so do I.

We are your friends. We will survive your absence should you decide to take some private time to grieve, but please consider us the friends that we consider you and return to us as quickly as possible.

My families' thoughts, prayers and condolences are with you and yours.

Your friend,

Martin.

jgc61sr2002
01-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Javier - Sorry about your loss. My deepest sympathy.

Cobra25
01-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Javier Our Condolence's to you and your family . Our thought's and Prayer's are with you . God's Blessings Too all in your Family.

Bootlegger
01-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Javier, You are in my prayers.

snowbird
01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Time will help the healing process.

bigslim
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is very hard to lose someone so close and so loved. You and your family have my sympathy.

AzMarauder
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Javier,

There are no words that make the pain bearable... time and faith do that !
I've travelled your road already when I lost my step-father.

Good luck.. God Bless !

JamesHecker
01-09-2006, 12:09 AM
It's been over four years since I lost my Dad suddenly. I still miss him. I'll pray for you and your family as you deal with his loss. I hope you celebrate and honor him.

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Javier, I have no good way to express my sympathy for you and yours by typing this here. I can only wish you the best and to always be able to remember him, without the pain remembering can sometimes bring.

Rich

ckadiddle
01-09-2006, 08:38 AM
You have our deepest sympathy, Javier.

Dragcity
01-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and yours.

MM2004
01-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Smokie,

My deepest felt condolences for your loss.

I lost my father 9 years ago and have an idea what you must be feeling.

Prayers are with you and your family.

Mike.

Big House
01-09-2006, 06:16 PM
J,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Remember all the good days and all the lessons learned on the not so good ones. Be strong and when you can't we have you. God bless.

Big House

dflynn5
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Dave

seans
01-10-2006, 06:55 AM
I am sorry for your loss. My father is in his eighties and his health is failing. I dread the day when I will be in you position.God bless you and your family.

jerrym3
01-10-2006, 08:36 AM
In 1997, as an only child, it was left up to me as to whether or not an operation on my dad should or should not be performed. The doctor said that, if dad were his father, he wouldn't do it. So, I agreed.

Five years later, after a heart attack, even though my mother had a "do not resusitate" directive, the hospital erroneously did it anyway, and I had to once again get involved to have her go in peace.

This past weekend, my Godfather (Salvatore) died at age 90.

Sal was a Lincoln/Mercury mechanic in the days before computers. I can't count how many times in the early/mid 60's that I had to call Sal to get my car started. Everything from a binding emergency brake cable to a wet distributor cap due to over-agressive engine washing.

The guy never let me down.

We used to live in an apartment over a bar (definitely not a "cocktail lounge") in Guttenberg, NJ, and I can still remember (as a little kid) my mom, dad, and Sal and his wife going down the three flights of stairs to the bar and spending Saturday nights drinking beer and, later on, playing cards (nickel/dime/quarter) until dawn.

Now, they are all gone, but the memories linger on. Just keep remembering the good times.

It's sad to realize that, in a generation or two, no one will remember them (or us), but that's just a part of the endless circle, I guess.

CBT
01-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Prayers to you and yours.

Smokie
01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Yesterday my father was laid to rest, I want to thank all the caring people who offered me comfort and prayers thru this thread and also thru PM's.

It has meant a lot to me, I am sincerely grateful for the support, Javier.

Dan
01-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Smokie,

My father died six month before my scheduled wedding. It was hard for me to do it but I kept the date and moved forward. It would have been what he wanted.

Eventually the tears of sadness will turn to tears of joy and your remembrance of him will bring a smile along with those tears. It happened for me and I suspect it will happen for you. To this day, nearly 18 years later, I still find myself talking to him out loud along with a smile and a tear. I have done a lot of things since then and I know he would be proud.

Keep doing the things that you love doing. Do them for him. Do them for those around you. Do them for yourself.

And take the time you need to heal. We'll be here when you get back.

God bless you.

Best,

Dan

On December 4, 2005 my father suffered a massive stroke, spent 2 weeks in a hospital and was transferred to a rehab center where he started to wither away until the birth of his great grand-daughter, once he laid eyes on this beautiful gift from God he recovered his will to live and started making great progress and actually managed to walk with a lot help of course; he took tiny steps just like a child learning to walk.

Our family was overjoyed with the progress he made in two short weeks. On wednesday January 4th a large blood clot lodged in an artery in his lung and for 2 days he fought for his life, this time it was too much for him to overcome and on January 6th I lost him.