PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise...

gonzo50
01-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I subscribe to the "MuscleCar Enthusiast" magazine, and on page 20 of the January 2006 issue, they have an article on this Automotive Event.

I was really disappointed on that article, because they mention every other Auto makers, except Mercury.:mad:

They mention everything from rust bucket pintos to million dollar hot rods, they mention, Chrysler, GM, Ford, Dodge, AMC, and to make matters worst, they even mention Hybrid-Powered Civics.:mad2:

But for an event of this size, and the presence of over 70 plus MARAUDERS, in conjunction with MVIII, there was no mention what so ever of Mercury, or Marauder. Not even one picture.:fire:

Did anyone even notice that we had Marauders at the event ?:confused:
I'm speech-less....well, this is one magazine I won't re-new my subscription with.:nono:

dwasson
01-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, we're stepchildren.

Bluerauder
01-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I subscribe to the "MuscleCar Enthusiast" magazine, and on page 20 of the January 2006 issue, they have an article on this Automotive Event.
Yeah, I saw this about a month ago and posted here >>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23062&highlight=enthusiast

:rolleyes:

Mention of the Marauders would have been nice. However, it seems that they concentrated their story about a mile further north on Woodward. :(

DEFYANT
01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Screw'em, I'd like to do a return trip!

MI2QWK4U
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Screw'em, I'd like to do a return trip!

Really? We loved having you! How many folks would like to come back to Woodward this August? Seriously....Who all is in...

carfixer
01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Really? We loved having you! How many folks would like to come back to Woodward this August? Seriously....Who all is in...
I'm in, but you already knew that:cool: .

DEFYANT
01-08-2006, 07:44 PM
No commitments, but I am there. With all this MV4 talk going on - who knows.

Tallboy
01-08-2006, 07:45 PM

And I'll be sitting next to you on the plane...:up:

MikesMerc
01-08-2006, 07:56 PM

And I'll be sitting next to you on the plane...:up:

We'll have a couple cold ones all iced up and ready for you when you guys arrive:D

bigslim
01-08-2006, 09:33 PM

I was really disappointed on that article, because they mention every other Auto makers, except Mercury.:mad:

They mention everything from rust bucket pintos to million dollar hot rods, they mention, Chrysler, GM, Ford, Dodge, AMC, and to make matters worst, they even mention Hybrid-Powered Civics.:mad2:

But for an event of this size, and the presence of over 70 plus MARAUDERS, in conjunction with MVIII, there was no mention what so ever of Mercury, or Marauder. Not even one picture.:fire:

Did anyone even notice that we had Marauders at the event ?:confused:
I'm speech-less....well, this is one magazine I won't re-new my subscription with.:nono:
A lot of "Mag-Rags" will not publish anything about newer cars. Maybe this year they will mention us since we will be sharing the lot with classic Mercurys.

AzMarauder
01-08-2006, 09:43 PM

I am considering returning.... I doubt I will bring my car... due to travel time requirements... but I had a great time last year.

dwasson
01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Maybe this year they will mention us since we will be sharing the lot with classic Mercurys.

Yeah, I can see the quote now. "We had to walk past a bunch of cop cars to see the Mercurys ...."

Mike Poore
01-09-2006, 08:12 AM

We're considering it. It all has to do with Grandma's situation, as Barb's now the primary care-giver.

Barb wants to see her pal Dan again, and it's my understanding Darryl can't cross woodward, on foot, without my help. :drive:

Never mind, we're expected at the wedding.;)

bigslim
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
We're considering it. It all has to do with Grandma's situation, as Barb's now the primary care-giver.

Barb wants to see her pal Dan again, and it's my understanding Darryl can't cross woodward, on foot, without my help. :drive:

Never mind, we're expected at the wedding.;)
I do need your help.

MikesMerc
01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I am considering returning.... I doubt I will bring my car... due to travel time requirements... but I had a great time last year.

We'd love to have you here again!

dwasson
01-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Barb wants to see her pal Dan again,

And I would really miss Barb.