PDA

View Full Version : Wife reported "lost" by husband

Mike Poore
01-09-2006, 08:50 AM
:alone: This takes saving stuff to a new level.

http://www.local6.com/news/5917330/detail.html

dwasson
01-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds like my basement.

Bluerauder
01-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Sounds like my basement.
Better go check for "missing" women down there. :rofl:

dwasson
01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Sometimes I'll hear about a local woman missing and, feeling lonely, I'll dig a bunch of holes in the yard. Then a friendly policeman comes by to talk.

Mad1
01-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Watch a few episodes of Clean Sweep on TLC and you'll have a whole new appreciation for how widespread this type of behavior is, even if it doesn't reach the level where it kills you.

I loved watching the show where usually, they had to walk on "top" on the furniture to get into a room ... and yes ... their heads were touching the ceiling. Then they haul everything out onto tarps on the lawn to "sort" it into three piles: Keep, Sell and Trash. Then the show's host comes out and makes them cut their Keep pile in half.

People always have a hard time letting go of "stuff," until they step back and see how much crap they never use and don't need is corrupting their home. Then they sell a bunch, and trash any even bigger pile and they are left with a managable room they can live in. (The sorting process appears to also function as some sort of therapy session too.)

The funniest part is that the husband and wife each get to pick "one" item of their spouses from the keep pile that they'd like to see gone. Then the winner of the yardsale (whom ever sells the most) gets to keep their item, while the other one goes off to charity or trash.

Truly a cathartic process that more of us should attempt on our own on a regular basis. Also reminds me of my grandmother's advice ... You should move or have a fire every five years to clean out your house.

Jeremy
Mad1