PDA

View Full Version : Ever Noticed?

Cheeseheadbob
01-13-2006, 07:58 PM
This goes out to any of the super charged, or otherwise serious engine modded folks. Ever since my MM has been S/C'ed with all the bells and whistles, I've noticed I sometimes find myself going 60 mph in a 65 zone or similar "under the limit" drives. Maybe it's the fact that I know now that I can go as fast as almost any car out there that I have become less aggressive. Before I had the work done, I found myself romping WOT at the drop of a grain of rice, but now it seems as though I am happy just cruising along and watching the world go by at a more leisurely pace. Oh, I still go WOT but only about 12X a week...:D I guess with ultimate power comes ultimate responsibility.

blackf0rk
01-13-2006, 08:09 PM
It may sound funnt, and maybe we're the only two guys here that do or (or admit it), but I too do the same thing. I rarely go WOT, and sometimes I accelerate fast.

It definately has something to do with knowing the power is there but just chilling out about it...

:burnout:

BUCKWHEAT
01-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Great observation. I also find solace in the slow lane. Enjoy the sound of the pipes, but...I always have an eye peeled for the kid in the Z28 zipping past in the fast lane. Then the monster comes alive. So far, no disappointments. I must say the winter bad gas and the cold tires have slowed me down temporarily. The track opens in late March and I need new Nittos. Can't wait.

MarauderMark
01-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Its just a phase it will pass soon.:coolman:

HwyCruiser
01-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I try and feed my need for speed on the track. Can't wait for March to get here. Hey Buckwheat, KCIR Sunday grudges starts March 5th, noon to 4 ;).

http://www.purposebuilt.org/KCIR2006.html

DEFYANT
01-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I know what you mean Bob. Just because you have the power, does not mean you ALWAYS have you use it.

I still prefer 1/2 to 3/4 throttle accelleration. The sound of the exhaust and blower are at perfect levels. Symphonic!

Bradley G
01-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Got to show some self control :nono:

merc6
01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
WOT is fufilling my needs. Guess I have to be screwed by the eaton twins to find out about this mellow cruise thing...

ncmm
01-14-2006, 06:53 PM

let'er rip!

jimlam56
01-14-2006, 06:55 PM
This goes out to any of the super charged, or otherwise serious engine modded folks. Ever since my MM has been S/C'ed with all the bells and whistles, I've noticed I sometimes find myself going 60 mph in a 65 zone or similar "under the limit" drives. Maybe it's the fact that I know now that I can go as fast as almost any car out there that I have become less aggressive. Before I had the work done, I found myself romping WOT at the drop of a grain of rice, but now it seems as though I am happy just cruising along and watching the world go by at a more leisurely pace. Oh, I still go WOT but only about 12X a week...:D I guess with ultimate power comes ultimate responsibility.
Don't have to be S/C to feel that way...but I bet it helps!

Tallboy
01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Yep. I am much more likely now to "let someone go", than to try and prove a point.:cool:

martyo
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
You are all weenies! :D

Hotrauder
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I noticed the same effect. Ya know, when you truely are bad you don't have to prove it all the time...just when the time is right. But I have to admit I still drive to fast on the highway, just cause I like it. and, I have to hear the SOUND on a regular basis or I get all out sorts. Oh, I like to hear the rear tires pretty often, too. and , and .. are you sure you have changed? Dennis:D

Cheeseheadbob
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Just call me Oscar! If I am going to be a Weenie, I might as well be the most popular Weenie!:D
You are all weenies! :D