PDA

View Full Version : the Truth about Truck tests

jawz101
01-13-2006, 08:57 PM
A buddy of mine from work was showing me a few things on a Ford site.
the Truth about Trucks (http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/)
Check out
Truth #1 Road Tests - Silver Creek Shootout (the Tundra looks like it's doing the shuffle)
Truth #2 Frame
Truth#3 Structure - Front End (Chevy... yikes! no front end)

Shora
01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
deleted message. sorry

Shora
01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Not bad.

Thanks for the link.

Vortex
01-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I have to say even as a Dodge truck owner this is a very good presentation, even though depending on the catagory they compare the F-150 to a Chevy or a Nissan but usually one of them is missing from the comparison. Tne thing I liked was getting into the nuts and bolts, and they presented a good arguement for their frame. I did notice on their test drive when they were discussing bed flex they forgot to mention the F-150 shown had a 5 ft bed instead of a 6 ft bed. I wish there were more of these comparisons in detail on different vehilces. Must add too they sure made that Chevy truck look bad and I bet the new Chevy corrects some of this stuff. Interesting.

SergntMac
01-14-2006, 10:01 AM
When it's paid for and presented by one manfacturer, it's a commercial and nothing more. They may hit on a few differences in design and construction, but the truth does get stretched in Ford's favor.

jawz101
01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I too noticed that they'd drop a brand out of most tests like they were leaning it towards their favor. And that does make sense about the shorter bed.