PDA

View Full Version : Any MM net folks in NW Arkansas?

hitchhiker
01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Any MM net folks in NW Arkansas?

I am back here on a contract in NW Arkansas and I
would like to hook up with some fellow MM owners here.

Best Regards,

David

:D

Petrograde
01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
contract?

you gonna 'rub someone out'?

:P

hitchhiker
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
contract?

you gonna 'rub someone out'?

Nope!

I am doing Computer Consulting.

Left my heat at home!

:lol:

Petrograde
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
wow,.. I didn't they had computers in Arkansas!

BruteForce
01-16-2006, 03:25 PM
wow,.. I didn't they had computers in Arkansas!

They don't. David is bringing them with him. :P

hitchhiker
01-17-2006, 07:08 AM
At least I am getting a few laughs out of this thread...

Petrograde
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm guessing there are no Marauders ...or computers in Ar-Kansas. :P

TRP460
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Any MM net folks in NW Arkansas?

I am back here on a contract in NW Arkansas and I
would like to hook up with some fellow MM owners here.

Best Regards,

David

David, sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner but, I see that BruteForce and Petrograde have been keeping you sufficiently entertained while I've been out of town working!

Actually, I'm in the Little Rock area in central Arkansas.....probably a good 3-hour drive from the Fayetteville/Springdale area, if that's where you're at. Just about the only time I make it up there is during the University's football season, and occasionally on "business" trips.

To the best of my knowledge, Cougarmandan is the only person that would be fairly close to you, and he's about a 45 minute drive South in the Fort Smith area. I know there are some others here that are MM.net members but, I really don't know who they are. Maybe some of them will take this opportunity and chime-in!

Anyway, if you're ever in the Little Rock area, give me a shout and I'll be glad to "hook-up" with ya......:)

LCSO34
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Just missed you, left Arkansas last Thursday.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23946

TRP460
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm guessing there are no Marauders ...or computers in Ar-Kansas. :P

Sorry Tex, but you guessed wrong.......:nono:

I can't speak for the other 2.5 million people in this "small" state but, I personally have 4 computers in my home, all networked and with broadband internet! I also own an 03' MM 300A, which I've had probably longer than most of the other MM owners on this board have had theirs! I even have electricity, cable TV, and indoor water plumbing (hot and cold) in my home! :D

Not bad for a "hillbilly", huh?:banana:

BTW, that's ARKANSAS, not "Ar-Kansas".........:rolleyes:

Petrograde
01-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I was just playing man,.. If you took me seriously, I apologize.

However, I never understood why Arkansas was pronounced Ar-kan-saw.. hmm,.. well,. I'm gonna start calling Kansas ,..Kansaw. :P

hitchhiker
01-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Sorry Tex, but you guessed wrong.......:nono:

I can't speak for the other 2.5 million people in this "small" state but, I personally have 4 computers in my home, all networked and with broadband internet! I also own an 03' MM 300A, which I've had probably longer than most of the other MM owners on this board have had theirs! I even have electricity, cable TV, and indoor water plumbing (hot and cold) in my home! :D

Not bad for a "hillbilly", huh?:banana:

BTW, that's ARKANSAS, not "Ar-Kansas".........:rolleyes:

Don't feel too bad. Most don't know that Missouri is pronounced 'Mizoor-Rah' by the locals.

My family from Missouri are old hillbillies too and damn proud of it.

Arkansas is very pretty country although they are having a draught at the moment. I plan to retire there.

NW Arkansas is booming with new development and real estate is going nuts here.

I may buy something else before I go back to CA.

I already have lots in Bella Vista. Cherokee Village, and Hot Springs which are appreciating nicely.

Regards,

D.

TRP460
01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I was just playing man,.. If you took me seriously, I apologize.

However, I never understood why Arkansas was pronounced Ar-kan-saw.. hmm,.. well,. I'm gonna start calling Kansas ,..Kansaw. :P

Watch it now! You might get those folks in Kansas after ya next!:mad:

Seriously, my response was never mean't to be anything other than humorous......I was thinking that you might be one of those "native" Texans that would remember the old Southwest Athletic Conference days when it was always "us" versus one of eight teams from Texas. We always cussed each other, played hard, knocked each other down, then got up and shook hands, no matter who won the contest. Please accept my apology if you thought that I had taken offense to your posts.....I realized that it was all in good fun!
:beer:
Dunno what to tell ya about the pronunciation........we always blamed it on the pre-1803 Louisiana Purchase French settlers that lived here back then.......:)

TRP460
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Don't feel too bad. Most don't know that Missouri is pronounced 'Mizoor-Rah' by the locals.

My family from Missouri are old hillbillies too and damn proud of it.

Arkansas is very pretty country although they are having a draught at the moment. I plan to retire there.

NW Arkansas is booming with new development and real estate is going nuts here.

I may buy something else before I go back to CA.

I already have lots in Bella Vista. Cherokee Village, and Hot Springs which are appreciating nicely.

Regards,

D.

Wow David, sounds like you have your "plate" full of projects here, and no doubt, you're definitely investing in one of the fastest growing areas in the country right now. I still remember Branson, Missouri as being one of those little towns that you would miss if you blinked your eyes while en route to Springfield or Kansas City.......now look at it!:burnout:

Anyway, back to the original intent of your post, I would have thought that some of my fellow "Arkies" would have responded by now......I KNOW that I'm not the only MM owner here, or the only member of this site! I suppose that if some of them don't start coming around, I'm gonna have to ask Petrograde if I can become an "honorary" member of the North Texas Marauder Club!! :depress: