PDA

View Full Version : Top that!

shakes_26
01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
SO I'm off from work today, spent my time mending fences torn down my Wilma last fall.

As I'm fixing the gate, I keep hearing this muscle car rumble/rev, then off a few minutes later. This repeats a few times more...finally i can't help it, I gots to see what it is. I walk through the yard, then the neighbors yard (plenty of fence sections down) as I peak around the corner what do I see..... The Batmobile.

Yeah, the Adam West, grey leotard wearing, Sock-O, WHAM, BIFF, Batmobile. I must be dreaming. I get the next door neighbor, hey come see this, maybe I've been drinking too much. Sure enough, its a Batmobile. :eek:

The guy was visiting his niece, its not an original Barris, but a reproduction. One of those looks good from far, but far from looking good jobs. But it has all the gadgets, flame thrower turbine (which works), etc:cool:

Apaprently they were having a fuel delivery problem, so we started to check her out. Took me a few minutes, but basically the no fuel filter conditon allowed crap into/toward the pump/carb. we cleared that out, slapped a filter on it and it seemed to clear up. My guess is the mid 70's Lincoln that was the donor, still ahd the original fuel tank, with its appurtenant rust flakes and dirt inside. :nono:

Sweet..... I got to work on the Batmobile..... top that.

I didn't even get to use the bat wrench, :lol:

jimlam56
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
"Holy Miami Vice Batman, we just got saved by a Masked Marauder"
Robin

shakes_26
01-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh and I met my neighbor, from 2 houses over, caty corner...he just bought a Silver Birch 04 used, about a week and half ago.

Hahaha! Beat that!

Bowman9
01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
SO I'm off from work today, spent my time mending fences torn down my Wilma last fall.

As I'm fixing the gate, I keep hearing this muscle car rumble/rev, then off a few minutes later. This repeats a few times more...finally i can't help it, I gots to see what it is. I walk through the yard, then the neighbors yard (plenty of fence sections down) as I peak around the corner what do I see..... The Batmobile.

Yeah, the Adam West, grey leotard wearing, Sock-O, WHAM, BIFF, Batmobile. I must be dreaming. I get the next door neighbor, hey come see this, maybe I've been drinking too much. Sure enough, its a Batmobile. :eek:

The guy was visiting his niece, its not an original Barris, but a reproduction. One of those looks good from far, but far from looking good jobs. But it has all the gadgets, flame thrower turbine (which works), etc:cool:

Apaprently they were having a fuel delivery problem, so we started to check her out. Took me a few minutes, but basically the no fuel filter conditon allowed crap into/toward the pump/carb. we cleared that out, slapped a filter on it and it seemed to clear up. My guess is the mid 70's Lincoln that was the donor, still ahd the original fuel tank, with its appurtenant rust flakes and dirt inside. :nono:
Sweet..... I got to work on the Batmobile..... top that.
I didn't even get to use the bat wrench, :lol:

That's a pretty cool story, in another thread here we were just talking about the Batmobile.

jgc61sr2002
01-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh and I met my neighbor, from 2 houses over, caty corner...he just bought a Silver Birch 04 used, about a week and half ago.

Hahaha! Beat that!

Hope you siigned him up.:D

RoyLPita
01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
What??? No pics???

Cobra25
01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Some guy's have all the luck. I couldn't top that even if I tryed.

martyo
01-16-2006, 07:14 PM
What's the Batmobile? :confused:

CRUZTAKER
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I hope you're kidding MO.
Particularly after stunning us with the Sinatra trivia.
Which was was nice btw.;)

martyo
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I hope you're kidding MO.
Particularly after stunning us with the Sinatra trivia.
Which was was nice btw.;)

Stop following me!

What are you, some kind of stalker or something? :conused:

shakes_26
01-16-2006, 09:06 PM
What's the Batmobile? :confused:

uh never mind....

No pics, I was too busy wrenching on it.

http://affiliates.art.com/get.art?T=15001196&A=055687&L=8&P=10101957&S=2&Y=0