PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis, Anyone?

Rider90
01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I know this isn't a biker forum, but I know some of you enjoy the ride and own bikes yourselves. Today I made plans regarding lodging for Sturgis 2006. We divied up the costs and we will be staying 5 miles from the action! I'll be going with my Mom & Step-Dad, both have been to Sturgis events in the past and this will be my first one, riding my Fat Boy from Southern WI to Sturgis, SD - 870 miles (1,740 R/T) of fresh air, open road, and a lot of soreness in between. Lodging is out of the way, now I need to prepare for gas costs and everything else. Good thing I have some time.

Anyone? Sturgis?

ParkRanger
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd like to - but it's a long hard road on a softtail deuce from SoCal to Sturgis. :( :eek: :shake:

I would look, talk and walk like Yosemite Sam after a 3 day ride.

Give us the lowdown when you get back. :beer:

PR :burnout:

Jerry Barnes
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I know this isn't a biker forum, but I know some of you enjoy the ride and own bikes yourselves. Today I made plans regarding lodging for Sturgis 2006. We divied up the costs and we will be staying 5 miles from the action! I'll be going with my Mom & Step-Dad, both have been to Sturgis events in the past and this will be my first one, riding my Fat Boy from Southern WI to Sturgis, SD - 870 miles (1,740 R/T) of fresh air, open road, and a lot of soreness in between. Lodging is out of the way, now I need to prepare for gas costs and everything else. Good thing I have some time.

Anyone? Sturgis?

If nothing bad happens I plan on attending. I have wanted to go for years!

Gryphonzus
01-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Some of the guys from work and maybe myself are talking about going. They are going to trailer the bikes though, said it is too far to ride. Plus we can share the driving and get there faster so less travel time. They are suggesting camping but I have not heard a definite yet. Probably way too late to get a hotel now.

juno
01-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Three brothers and two nephews have Harleys and we are trying to get out there this year. They will all be coming from NH and me from FL.

I want to ship the bikes to Denver and rent a couple of motorhomes and take the scenic route through Wyoming. I hope it comes together!

jdando
01-19-2006, 09:21 AM
If nothing bad happens I plan on attending. I have wanted to go for years!

Jerry;

Here is an idea. Trailer the bike with Trilogy#1 to Minneapolis and then bike from Minneapolis to Sturgis. It is only 640 miles MSP to Sturgis.

I will give you free room/board and exercise #1 on sunny days.:D #0098 would love to see #0001.

We could get #0009, 0048, 0085 and 0098 together and go for cruise around the lakes.

jeremy

ctrcbob
01-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Is that anything like "Daytona Trailer Week"?

I Ride my bike to rallies. Americade (Lake George NY), Golden Aspen (Ruidoso NM) are the two large ones, but I also go to smaller local rallies.

BTW, for those of you who do not have a bike, a motorcycle rally is not like a car rally. A more correct name for a bike rally would be a convention.