PDA

View Full Version : I LUV this quote from the S/Cing article:

BillyGman
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
"consider the combination as a whole. For instance, heavier vehicles need more torque than lighter ones do and that's why the Eaton, Magnum Powers or Kenne Bell is the best choice for a 4,500-pound Lightning. But a Paxton, Powerdyne, ProCharger, Vortech may be the way to go for your 3,000-pound LX." This above^quote I believe is excellent advice given in that lengthy S/Cing article posted on this website. Just remember though, before you argue with ME, I didn't write that. The author of the car magazine that it was taken from did. In fact, the reason that I posted this in the Trilogy forum here instead of the Community or the garage forum is an attempt to avoid big knock down drag out arguments. ;) BTW, here below is the link to that article in case any of you new guys want to read it in it's entirety. And the above quote was taken from the part of the article that's located in post #5 in that thread...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14448

SergntMac
01-19-2006, 02:50 PM
All y'all newbies, pay attention here. This is an excellent article, thank you Billy, for refreshing us on this resource.

I hope folks will read it from top to bottom, there's a lot of 411 in there. One paragraph alone does not end the discovery.

Thanks to mercman too, for posting the article in it's entirety. It needs to be absorbed and understood as a complete study of the technology available to us at the present time. I'd like to see it trimmed back and preserved in our FAQ as a handy resource for us all.

A Roots PD supercharger immediately heals the shortcomings of a bone stock Marauder's 4.6L DOHC 4V engine, an engine that can't get out of its own way bone stock, and needs a kick in the azz from a standing start. However, once it's "up in the cams", it breaths fire, baby, look out. I've been told I'll never own a Trilogy, alas...

I noted another observation of this author..."If there is a downside to the centrifugal superchargers, it's that they rely on rpm to make boost and they give up low-rpm performance to the Roots and screw units in this department. Nevertheless, they are generally more efficient at making boost in the higher rpm ranges."

I'm pleased to hear this too. Later this year, I'm heading down to Sebring, FL, to drive a few hours at high speeds in a controlled environment. I hope my 4:10s don't work against me here, I may be overgeared. Prolly won't see the backside of 140 MPH. The drive down will be a warm-up, but I'm looking forward to the exercise of sprinting from 3500 to 6500 RPMs for hours, not seconds, at a time. I have plenty of Vortech supercharger for that.

I know Dave has seen the 160s with 3:55s, and I am jealous. Nonetheless, this is why the Marauder is such a great car. It's a blank canvass for the hobby racer in us all. Guess it's all in what you want to do with your Marauder, eh?

BillyGman
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
That's excellent MAC. I haven't any argument with your post. In fact that quote that you've taken from that article is just as true and as accurate as the one I've taken.

hitchhiker
01-19-2006, 03:13 PM
"consider the combination as a whole. For instance, heavier vehicles need more torque than lighter ones do and that's why the Eaton, Magnum Powers or Kenne Bell is the best choice for a 4,500-pound Lightning. But a Paxton, Powerdyne, ProCharger, Vortech may be the way to go for your 3,000-pound LX." This above^quote I believe is excellent advice given in that lengthy S/Cing article posted on this website. Just remember though, before you argue with ME, I didn't write that. The author of the car magazine that it was taken from did. In fact, the reason that I posted this in the Trilogy forum here instead of the Community or the garage forum is an attempt to avoid big knock down drag out arguments. ;) BTW, here below is the link to that article in case any of you new guys want to read it in it's entirety. And the above quote was taken from the part of the article that's located in post #5 in that thread...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14448

Oh Boy!

Another Super Charger Thread.

The Trilogy is clearly the best.

Jerry, Please get the kit CARB Certified.

There, I put my .02 in the pot.

:D

SergntMac
01-19-2006, 03:59 PM
The Trilogy is clearly the best. Jerry, Please get the kit CARB Certified. Hehehe...Best you move first.

Erik Estrada sells real estate in one of the "A" states on cable. Tune in, and pack up?

gpfarrell
01-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Hehehe...Best you move first.

I second the motion... how many times does Jerry have to tell you to hound the local contact regarding carb approval? If you don't want to do that, move already!

tmac1337
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Then just add a TQ converter or even some gears to a centrifugal and a heavy car would have excellent low, mid, and high ranges!

Has this been done before?

Thanks for starting another SC thread Billy. It is very apparent where you want this to head. Good luck!

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4141/int56ld.jpg

MERCMAN
01-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Moved this out of trilogy forums to the lounge. I am closing this as well because history tells us this thread has a 99.9% chance of "Going South"

Thank you Billy and Mac for the comments to the article that I posted, but lets leave it at this. READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!!!