PDA

View Full Version : Camaro VS Challenger

bigslim
01-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Well, after seeing both in person I can honestly say that I like this better
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/DSC01559.jpg

than this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/DSC01623.jpg

The Camaro had a better stance and looked more finished. The Challenger is a big car. At 197 inches it is far from small although they stated that the production one would be shorter. I love that Camaro.

Tallboy
01-19-2006, 05:25 PM
WOW-Great pics, Darryl! I love 'em both and will own one or the other. It's going to come down to the interior for me- at 6'5", 225lbs, I need to be comfy [headroom] and well-informed [gauges].

If i had to put a deposit on either right now, I'd be writing a check for the Challenger.

Rider90
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I like the Camaro, it looks intimidating with the body shading over the headlights like that. One thing I think GM should do is offer more of what we see here, as factory or dealer add-ons. Take the grille for example, it looks very implemented, but there is a "Mod Crowd" especially when it comes to THAT car, and people are going to want to personalize it. Things like the grille should be interchangable, and so on, but maybe the concepts are supposed to look that rock solid.

dwasson
01-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I've always liked the old Challenger. I think I like the new one too. But I reserve judgement until I see them both in person.

bigslim
01-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I've always liked the old Challenger. I think I like the new one too. But I reserve judgement until I see them both in person.
That's what I did Dan.

Marauder2005
01-19-2006, 09:42 PM
This looks like the AutoShow that was in Boston a month or so ago.

I think I like the Dodge better, but would not throw either out of

bed :D

Dark_Knight7096
01-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I definately like the camaro better. Me and my friend already have it set, I'm gonna get an SS and he's gonna get the R/T and if we get bored we'll switch.

RCSignals
01-19-2006, 11:21 PM
I've also heard that any production Challenger will likely not be 'pillarless'

captJ696
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
WOW is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Both cars are spectacular BUT this Challenger is gonna be H O T!

MikesMerc
01-20-2006, 05:23 PM
After seeing both cars in person last night at the autoshow I definitely like the Challenger way more. It looks closer to its roots and more like a finished car. It simply screams "bad azz muscle car." The Camaro was HOT, but I'm guessing many changes will be made before it hits production...more so then the Challenger. In addition, the Camaro was too edgy and too loooong. Although Slim brought up the length of the Challenger, it was the Camaro that looked too big for its pony car roots. Slims pics don't show this well as front shots.

Challenger...definitely the Challenger:D

bigslim
01-20-2006, 07:24 PM
After seeing both cars in person last night at the autoshow I definitely like the Challenger way more. It looks closer to its roots and more like a finished car. It simply screams "bad azz muscle car." The Camaro was HOT, but I'm guessing many changes will be made before it hits production...more so then the Challenger. In addition, the Camaro was too edgy and too loooong. Although Slim brought up the length of the Challenger, it was the Camaro that looked too big for its pony car roots. Slims pics don't show this well as front shots.

Challenger...definitely the Challenger:D
No way dude. I guess the muscle cars will be heating up. I will be putting an order in on a Camaro.

rauder775
01-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I too look forward to seeing them both in person in a few weeks. Thus far, I prefer the Challenger. As others have stated, just closer to the original, heck, practically a copy, which I love. As an "old school" can't ask for much more from a car company and with a 6.1 Hemi and 6 speed!!!:banana: