PDA

View Full Version : The Colbert Report

Rider90
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Does anyone else watch this show (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/index.jhtml) on Comedy Central? Cracks me up... :baaa:

bigslim
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I think this show is funnier than "The Daily Show". Stephen Colbert was funny when he was on "The Daily Show".

blackf0rk
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Yes, it is funny. :)

Dark_Knight7096
01-20-2006, 10:52 PM
I think i'm the ONLY one who likes the Daily Show better. Although I do think all the funniest cast members of that show have left.

Leadfoot281
01-20-2006, 11:23 PM
He was great on "Strangers with candy".

I tried to watch the Colbert Report. Once, while mentioning that the Army was having troubles hitting it's recruiting goals, he said; "Helloooo.... Iraq! If it we want people to join the Army, we should get out of Iraq!"

Brilliant.

What's next? Increasing the number of fire fighters in America by telling them they don't have to respond to fires anymore?

Political humor should be left to the polititions like Ted Kennedy. He has a dog named Splash. Now that's funny!

duhtroll
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Cobert is not bad - kinda "one trick pony" for me. I like the Daily Show better still.

bigslim
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
He was great on "Strangers with candy".

I tried to watch the Colbert Report. Once, while mentioning that the Army was having troubles hitting it's recruiting goals, he said; "Helloooo.... Iraq! If it we want people to join the Army, we should get out of Iraq!"

Brilliant.

What's next? Increasing the number of fire fighters in America by telling them they don't have to respond to fires anymore?

Political humor should be left to the polititions like Ted Kennedy. He has a dog named Splash. Now that's funny!
That's why they call it humor. It is funny how most people can't see humor in themselves. It is just a joke.

QWK SVT
01-21-2006, 11:56 PM
I always try to catch the Daily show... Afterwards is a toss up between Colbert, local news or the Sports Network. Colbert is more hit and miss, IMO.

Dark_Knight7096
01-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I always try to catch the Daily show... Afterwards is a toss up between Colbert, local news or the Sports Network. Colbert is more hit and miss, IMO.

Thankfully, i'm not alone. I thought Colbert was one of the funniest people on the Daily Show, now that he's got his own show, I really don't find him as funny, IDK what it is. It's like the Daily Show had all these great elements and when they came together formed something that was far greater than the sum of it's parts. Now that the parts are all on their own they are missing something.