PDA

View Full Version : z-plan and Lincoln LS

pantheroc
01-21-2006, 11:25 PM
I saw an ad for Lincoln LS's with $12,000 off MSRP of $39,955.
This is for anyone off the street.

I have access to Z plan plus $1,000 Ford coupon.

The dealer told me I'll save approx $13800, for Zplan invoice, plus $8500 discount + $1,000 Ford coupon. Is this right?

Anyone out there know if it is $12,000 off invoce for Zplan'rs?, not the $8500 is allowable?

I couldn't find any rules in black and white, hoping someone here might be able to help.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Jessica's brother ERIC WALKER is a big-wig at Marshall Ford EAST.

I am not sure if he is in today, but if no one else answers your post, call him monday, and tell him who you are. He will answer your question.;)

SteveS
01-22-2006, 08:18 AM
A, X, and Z plan pricing is specific to each vehicle, set by Ford. You should register on this (https://b2e-1f-auth.ford.com/index_auth.asp?referer=www.axz .ford.com) site, or call the number there, and get the information you need. I have purchased several vehicles using x-plan. The specific prices are on the dealer's invoice, and he should be showing you that. In addition to the plan discount, you would still qualify for all of the regular rebates and incentives. There may also be local district incentives that aren't advertised. The dealer should be printing you a copy of all of the incentives available, from their system. My memory is a little hazy, but I think A and Z are the same, and then X is 4% higher than A and Z. I have access to look up X-plan prices on the internet, and you should be able to do the same for Z-plan.

SteveS
01-22-2006, 08:49 AM
I just looked up the incentives for 44101.

There are two rebates for the 2005 LS. One is $8,000, and the other is $1,000.

For 2006, it looks like the total of the rebates is $8,500, but it looks like you would need to finance through FMCC for $3,000 of that.

The L-M dealer should be your best source for rebate information. You may want to ask two different dealers about the rebates. Sometimes there are dealer rebates for "plan" people, and some dealers will pocket them.

I hope this helps.

pantheroc
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Cruz, I may give Eric a call Monday.

I may have a tough time getting the zplan id info from my mother in-law to sign up on the web, due to her paranoia of getting in trouble for giving the info out. I tried to get her on the internet a few times, but she's afraid of computers. That's why I requested your help, I don't think I'll get info from her. Funny thing is, she will be more than happy to get me the pin number for the discounts. :confused:

My hope was getting the car at invoice and also getting $12,000 off +$1,000 coupon.

SteveS
01-22-2006, 02:53 PM
HAH! You'll just have to explain to her that the site is actually the best way to get the PIN. It IS a Ford site, after all, and as her dear son-in-law, you definitely qualify under the rules of the game. Good luck!

Z-plan is below invoice, but I don't think you'll end up $13,000 below invoice when all is said and done. It will be interesting to hear.

pantheroc
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Got quote of $44,210 MSRP down to $30,225 after all discounts. Saving ~$13,980. That's ~$2,000 less than general public. My wife and I have been on the fence for a few days now. The car is for her, she loves it and I like it, but the gut isn't quite feeling right yet, a couple more days. Damn, the only car I've ever had no qualms about was the Marauder (no question there).

Any opinions on performance issues. If we do get it, can Lidio/DR tune it up, seems hesitant on take off. I will definitely get a new air intake, it's small from the factory. Any issues with the 3.9L?

SteveS
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
You could always throw in a 4.6L with a blower, like the One Lap of America car !!!
My ex-boss had a 3.9L LS a few years ago, and loved it.

jerrym3
01-27-2006, 07:32 AM
pantheroc

I got just about the same deal when I bought my 2004 LS8 Sport.

You will not be sorry with this car. It has been given the title as the best tested American sedan, until the new Chrysler HEMI car, by at least one monthly car magazine.

The upside: it's quick and rides/handles great.
The downside: it vanishes in a crowd.

Upside and downside: most people don't realize it's a Lincoln.

sfsv
01-28-2006, 05:58 AM
The only bad side to the LS is this is the last year for the Lincoln LS. You would probably save more money by picking up a year old program car for about 20-25K base upon options. The lag is normal and there are not any tunes or tuners available for the LS (limited market). The cars perform great, but the interior is tight if you are coming out of a MM. By the way, my wife loved her 2000 LS sport V8.

the_pack_rat
01-28-2006, 09:12 AM
V8 LS Sport in Tundra with charcoal gut & moonroof.

:drool:

pantheroc
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the input! I don't mind the "vanishing" in the crowd.