PDA

View Full Version : Bullit Parts - Will They Fit MM?

martyo
04-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Can you guys look at the Bullit pedals (for the automatic) at the link below (you may have to page down a little way) and let me know if you think that they will fit our cars? Or, if someone has found other, similar pedals that will fit, please let me know.

Yes, I know that this is not for everyone, but I really like the look. And, yes, I am likely to add the coil covers at the Kar Kraft site to my parts list as well once I verify that they will fit.

Thanks!

Here is the link: http://www.karkraft.com/99-02_mustang.htm

Slowpoke
04-11-2003, 10:07 PM
marty - you have wayyyyyy too much time on your hands! get married; have a kid...... better yet, spend the weekends on your boat in Chicago where you can babysit while I take my car out on the highway...

Slowpoke
04-11-2003, 10:07 PM
and i think the pedals look cool too

Jim
04-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Greetings.

The Bullitt pedals are NOT a straight fit for the MM.

The gas pedal is a pretty close fit, if you're willing to drive the pin out of the old shaft, etc.

The dead pedal can be made to work (as well as any of the other supposedly 'correct' retrofit ones I've seen, which tend to look 'tacked on' IMO.)

It's the brake pedal that's the most different. The Mustang has a narrower pedal surface than the Mo. Probably have to cut down the stock pedal to get the cover to fit. And I'm kind of used to the 'big' brake pedal. Helps my lazy feet, and gives me more room to 'transfer' braking from my right to left foot as I'm entering a corner and decide to exit 'spiritedly'... !

-Jim

TAF
04-12-2003, 05:02 AM
I like the idea, Marty. And would like to know whether those would work as well.

And...I'm "Married With Children"...'Poke...:lol:

martyo
04-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Todd and others: I will be on the phone with Kar Kraft on Monday (I will probably order the coil covers at a minimum) and will see what they have to say.

Jim: I did not think these were the "covers" that slip over the stock pedal. I figured these would require a little wrenching (no, not wenching Todd, so get your mind out of the gutter and take mine with it) and would replace the existing pedals entirely.

'Poke: I can't help but notice that all of my married friends with kids "insist" that I should get married and have kids too and that worries me!!! Is it that misery loves company? Thanks, but I'll stick to my gig as an uncle and continue to have a blast (took 4 of the little ones for a cruise to the ice cream parlor last night in that "cool, fast, black car MO RAUDER" and they think I am the greatest!) Would my own kids ever feel that way??

TAF
04-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by martyo
.....(took 4 of the little ones for a cruise to the ice cream parlor last night in that "cool, fast, black car MO RAUDER" and they think I am the greatest!) Would my own kids ever feel that way??

My girls (10 & 8) think the Marauder is VERY cool "it sounds just like a NASCAR" they say...and they KNOW they have the coolest dad of anyone they know...

It's my wife I can't get in it to take a drive.

Jim
04-12-2003, 03:33 PM
OK, here they are.

The brake pedal will need to have the stock pedal 'adjusted' to make the new cover fit.

The gas pedal is.. Completely different. But it can be made to work.

Again, the dead pedal is the no-brainer. Should bolt right up. I think I'll use some 6" lag screws.

I've had these things for at least 9 months. Maybe I'll get around to installing 'em one day.

Enjoy the Pictures! (http://www.pictobot.com/PictoCode/MailLink.asp?Set=668)

-Jim

Dave Compson
04-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks alot for the pictures. I browsed your photos, and appreciate the time you took posting them. They answered my questions.

(i dont want pedals until they make a set for our cars, and i WANT those coil covers!!!)