PDA

View Full Version : Everything Included??? (Headers Install)

Marauder2005
01-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Hello all, I have the headers from Kooks and am going to order

the rest of the Kooks system in February (Xpipe, cats, etc.)

A good friend of mine who works as a local body shop/Mechanics

shop as a welder/mechanic is going to do the install for me. He

just told me to bring everything needed on a Saturday. My question

is, does the Kooks system come with everything needed? I have the

headers here, and it comes with the new gaskets but, will I need to buy

anything extra for the Xpipe etc.?Are there any parts you guys recommend

while he is doing the install? I just want all the parts at his 'will' so I

will not have to leave work to go to the parts store. Thanks for any

help or recommendations.

Best, Mike

FordNut
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
1. Re-use the OEM gaskets to the heads.
2. Get some better collector gaskets. I use Mr. Gasket ultra-seal.
3. Make sure and use self-locking nuts on the collectors, not sure if they come with the kit or not. Advance has them, made by Mr. Gasket.
4. Have some anti-sieze on hand for re-installing the O2 sensors.
5. Think about mufflers. You can get the kit and connect to stock mufflers then go to an exhaust shop and have mufflers installed later. Not sure if the kit comes with adapters and clamps to connect to the stock mufflers, you'll have to check.
6. If you replace mufflers, the inlets can be connected with clamps (I used stainless band clamps) but the outlets will have to be welded to the stock tailpipes and the hangers will have to be welded in place.

Hope this helps, there are lots more tips out there maybe somebody else can chime in.

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Everything Nut said.

I used copper collector gaskets from Summit. It's your call, just do not use the ones they send.

All I might add...

Search for some of the early posts on the first few KOOKS installs. Billy, and a few others did step by steps.
These threads expose some potential Marauder specific issues that some folks experienced. Little things like the the occational steering shaft not centered issue causing vibration from the headers.
Find the threads, print them, and give them to your installer. The 10 minutes it takes to review this stuff could save an hour or more in wasted time.

DEFYANT
01-23-2006, 08:58 PM
The 10 minutes it takes to review this stuff could save an hour or more in wasted time......and you are paying for the time.

Marauder2005
01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Very good info guys, thank you