PDA

View Full Version : come on, is this REALLY possible???

MarauderMarc
01-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Okay, Ive heard it since I was 5, but have never seen it in person. Is this really possible????? Clicky the picture.

http://www.snuffx.com/x/jan28/snuffx-dot-com-organic-lighter.jpg (http://media.snuffx.com/x/red-g590knma26n/jan28/snuffx-dot-com-organic-lighter.wmv)

Hotrauder
01-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Really, really slow day, huh?

MarauderMarc
01-29-2006, 10:12 AM
The link was sent to me. But yeah, its my day off and theres not much to do.:D

Warpath
01-29-2006, 10:31 AM
You never lit your own fart? I find it strange a guy of your age hasn't done that yet. I thought it was a right of passage. You blow I believe methane out which is flamable. The vid looks fake though. I've never seen it shoot out that far. The flame just usually dances around the pants. Anyway, go eat yourself some cabbage and grab yourself a lighter and see for yourself. It is much better if you have some of your drinking buddies cheering you on. I've never heard of anyone suffering from backdraft. So, enjoy yourself. :)

jawz101
01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
It is possible. "Shoeless Joe" Shelton would entertain the fraternity members before chapter by turning off all of the lights in the chapter room and preceding to wow everyone with this parlor trick.

A word of caution in that you may experience the dreaded 'backdraft' effect.

Myth proved.
http://www.newworldotter.com/reviews/images/mythbusters.jpg

MarauderMarc
01-29-2006, 10:51 AM
We shoild submit this video to "myth busters" and see if they make an episode out of it, that would be funny!!!

BruteForce
01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
That particular vid is fake. Note where the flame starts from. Looks a little north of where it should be... unless he's had some mods done. Would also explain why his other arm is hidden from view.

MarauderMark
01-29-2006, 10:54 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You never lit your own fart? I find it strange a guy of your age hasn't done that yet. I thought it was a right of passage. You blow I believe methane out which is flamable. Anyway, go eat yourself some cabbage and grab yourself a lighter and see for yourself. It is much better if you have some of your drinking buddies cheering you on. I've never heard of anyone suffering from backdraft. So, enjoy yourself. :)
Now thats funny.:baaa: :D

MERCMAN
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
What you see is one of the main causes for Global warming:rofl:

dwasson
01-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Most people do it with pants on. It would probably work better without pants (keeping the jet focused and all) but I think you'd want to shave. I had a buddy who thought that this was great fun at parties. I don't think he met a lot of girls that way.

ghost03
01-29-2006, 11:09 AM
My friends father was in the Israeli Army and was bored one day and decided to give it a try himself. The tent he did it in ended up catching fire because he was soooo close to the tent. Plus he burnt all the hair on his A$$ ....Pretty painfull but definatly very funny.......It will make you think twice of lighting a match in the bathroom to get rid of the methane gas odor.:flamer:

Mike Poore
01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
What you see is one of the main causes for Global warming:rofl:

Those who worry about such things blame it on cows, .......the flatulence causing global warming.

This got me to thinking about cow launching. It seems to me, if you sneak up in a cow with your Bick, and timed it correctly, you could launch old Bessy a right fair distance.

Hence, the cow jumped over the moon. :D
Of course, knowing where to stand is of utmost importance. :flamer:

dwasson
01-29-2006, 02:02 PM
It would work even better if you set up a pilot light. Then if you pushed hard on the cow's side you could produce flames. I imagine the pilot light idea wouldn't be popular with the dairy farmers.

MM2004
01-29-2006, 02:07 PM
OK, I did it once, er, maybe twice. :D

That vid is fake, but can assure you, it is plausible.

Do not attempt with cut-off jeans while being intoxicated. :(

Don't ask...

Mike.

Mike Poore
01-29-2006, 02:27 PM
OK, I did it once.......

Don't ask...

Mike.

:laugh:
OK, we won't ask.

blackf0rk
01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Vid is fake. Theory is true. You'd have to save up a some stink for a month to get that distance and girth out of a flame.

SteveS
01-30-2006, 05:16 AM
I've made it 46 years without trying that. I think I'll keep my streak going.

Haggis
01-30-2006, 06:47 AM
OK, I did it once, er, maybe twice. :D

That vid is fake, but can assure you, it is plausible.

Don't ask...

Mike.
^^^:laugh:^^^

You will have to tell us in March during the bourbon run, after a few samples.

MarauderTJA
01-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Okay, Ive heard it since I was 5, but have never seen it in person. Is this really possible????? Clicky the picture.

http://www.snuffx.com/x/jan28/snuffx-dot-com-organic-lighter.jpg (http://media.snuffx.com/x/red-g590knma26n/jan28/snuffx-dot-com-organic-lighter.wmv)

Mark I know what you are thinking. A night of Mexican food, go to the track. No, you cannot place a tube there and put it in your car for more power, really.:flamer:

MarauderMarc
01-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Mark I know what you are thinking. A night of Mexican food, go to the track. No, you cannot place a tube there and put it in your car for more power, really.:flamer:

AAAAAWWWWWWW MAAAAAAN!!!!!! You busted me. I needed that extra umpfh to beat StevenJ. Well I guess I will get N02 then.

merc6
01-30-2006, 11:01 AM
That particular vid is fake. Note where the flame starts from. Looks a little north of where it should be... unless he's had some mods done. Would also explain why his other arm is hidden from view. :lol: thats funny no mater hw you read it!

MarauderTJA
01-30-2006, 11:24 AM
AAAAAWWWWWWW MAAAAAAN!!!!!! You busted me. I needed that extra umpfh to beat StevenJ. Well I guess I will get N02 then.

Yeah, a far better choice. Wouldn't want a backfire.:nono:

jawz101
01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I have seen the advanced trick of grabbing the fart in your hand and then incinerating it safely away from the hind quarter.
Much safer and you still get the effect.

mtnh
02-01-2006, 10:38 AM
I have seen the advanced trick of grabbing the fart in your hand and then incinerating it safely away from the hind quarter.
Much safer and you still get the effect.

A variation of the bathtub or pool version of remote ignition!

DefyantExWife
02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
is it me or is the link gone ?

This forum is so uptight...:rolleyes:

MarauderMarc
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
is it me or is the link gone ?

This forum is so uptight...:rolleyes:

Wow, I just clicked on the pic and got directed to a "get laid in your area" websight. Thats weird.

dwasson
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow, I just clicked on the pic and got directed to a "get laid in your area" websight. Thats weird.

The site owner was angry at us directly linking to his photo. It's called "Bandwidth stealing".

2003 MIB
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't think he met a lot of girls that way.

:confused: :confused: :confused: I thought you lived in Detroit. Wow, that's odd.

O's Fan Rich
02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I think the link should be removed guys..... no, I know it should!!!
But I like the fart dialog...

blackf0rk
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I've made it 46 years without trying that. I think I'll keep my streak going.

Not a great choice of words, in this situation...:shake:

Mike Poore
02-01-2006, 03:58 PM
A variation of the bathtub or pool version of remote ignition!

Hey! :eek: What a concept!

I'm reminded of my early morning pre-exercise sessions in the hot tub. :thinker:

TooManyFords
02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
It would work even better if you set up a pilot light. Then if you pushed hard on the cow's side you could produce flames. I imagine the pilot light idea wouldn't be popular with the dairy farmers.

Quick Robin! To the Bat-Cow!