PDA

View Full Version : Car transport across the counrty

MarauderMarc
01-29-2006, 12:00 PM
I am inquiring info of transporting a car from Florida to SLC, Utah. Ive gotten quotes from numerous sights and such, but am wondering if any of you have connections in the car transport buisiness. Uncovered is fine. Let me know if you have any info.

jgc61sr2002
01-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Enclosed trailers are quite expensive.
Check with MartyO, he transported his Marauder to Mauderville 1.

StevenJ
01-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I am inquiring info of transporting a car from Florida to SLC, Utah. Ive gotten quotes from numerous sights and such, but am wondering if any of you have connections in the car transport buisiness. Uncovered is fine. Let me know if you have any info.

You moving anytime soon? Tired of Florida j/k?

ghost03
01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
You moving anytime soon? Tired of Florida j/k?I wasnt supposed to say anything but he was planning on shipping you and your car to utah......he thought he would give us a break from you..LOL.....J/K:baaa:

Hotrauder
01-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Marc, No connections but I shipped a car from Upstate NY to Tampa Fl. a year ago last Oct. $650. About 1600 miles as I recall. I don't believe they go East to West but would be glad to check with them if you would like. Dennis:)

JeffGrice
01-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I suggest you contact Rich. He has received rave reviews from several cobra owners.

http://www.richsclassictransport.com/

Super guy, reliable, reasonable, etc.

Jeff

MarauderMarc
01-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanx. The quotes I have gotten for uncovered was 950-1200. Fully insured. Was hoping to see if there were anyone cheaper.

SteveS
01-30-2006, 05:12 AM
We used DAS to bring the CHP car from California to Massachusetts last April. It cost about $980, I think. It was uncovered. The car had quite a tour of the country on its way over, but it got here.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

ezratty
01-30-2006, 08:01 AM
I found the best prices through FEDEX, yeah i know sounds crazy but they have a division that ships crazy stuff. you can do a search through google for "FEDEX car shipping" i believe that might be called custom critical. they do door to door shipping enclosed or outside and will give you an online quote for both on the web no phone call needed.

One note - i sold my '66 mustang convertible last year to california from New York and the buyer used Dependable Auto Shippers - he called me after he went to pick up the car - the rear quarter was smashed, bumper mangled, brakes were gone and the exhaust ripped out. DAS didn't even tell him the car was undriveable until he came to pick it up from the terminal, 100 miles away. I had photos and video of the car on the car carrier in perfect condition so i was off the hook but the buyer was fighting with DAS to pay up.

marauder307
01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I know it'll cost you more, but I heartily recommend covered shipping. In my recent experience getting the Hulk from STL/Illinois to Hawaii, the gov't shippers put my car on the top deck of a car hauler, over the cab, and butt-first. I'm still buffing out bug damage to the trunk face and rear bumper cover, over 5 mos. later. There were some pictures that I had posted on one of the discussion threads---I think I had Mary close it afterwards, just because that chapter of my life had, in fact, closed, but the thread may still be out there. Try a search under my screenname to see if you can find it. The pics are pretty horrible looking.

Vortech347
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Marc, Montstr on utahstangs deals with this all the time. Its his job pretty much. They specialize in finding unique cars n' such. He's how I found the MM. Hit him up via PM.

mercfirst
01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
A-AAA Auto Transport Inc., a brokerage, arranged to have my Marauder carried on an uncovered transporter last March from Calhoun, GA to Boston for $550. The weather was bad, but no damage was done, the price was right, and I had no regrets.

the_pack_rat
01-31-2006, 12:37 AM
I don't know what you're shipping ......

But if it's something decent, I'd consider enclosed.

I've had good luck with both these enclosed shippers -

http://www.intercitylines.com

http://www.horselesscarriage.com

Neither one is a "thrifty" choice ..... but they are some of the best in the business.

Intercity brought my Cutlass - LSC(sold) & the wifes Camry(RIP) down here from NJ back in late 2001. It was easier for us to just drive down in ONE car, with the cat & all the crap we had stuffed in the Mountaineer I had at the time. 1200 miles was just too far to have to worry about her following me/keeping up etc etc.

The 72 Toronado was a CA car all it's life till I bought it. Horseless brought it here to FL - back in 2002.

MM03MOK
01-31-2006, 06:11 AM
A-AAA Auto Transport Inc., a brokerage, arranged to have my Marauder carried on an uncovered transporter last March from Calhoun, GA to Boston for $550. The weather was bad, but no damage was done, the price was right, and I had no regrets.Mercfirst, where in the Boston area are you? I'm not all that far south.

jefferson-mo
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
If you use DAS terminal to terminal uncovered their rates are pretty good. I got a quote from Atlanta to San Diego for $550. Door to door pretty much doubles the quote. terminal to terminal is best if you're not in a hurry.

Big Joe P
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd vote for the enclosed transport, if the vehicle is worthy. I used FEDEX for a truck I pruchased in Utah and shipped to Chicago. It was enclosed, and around $1100. Some things to consider, FEDEX doesnt stack the cars, what if there's a leaker above yours? Enclosed prevents damage from road hazards, and vandals. Insurance is included. I priced this from 5 different carriers. This was door to door delivery, and it took only 6 days. Other places will take weeks, and you have to go to their "hub" to pick up and deliver the vehicle.