PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Why Insurance Rates Are Astronomical?

MM2004
01-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Some of you may recall last January, on the 18th day, 2005 my DTR being struck by some 16 year old brat that ultimately lied to the Police Officer and her insurance co. saying I hit her. :fire:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15476

Well, it has been one year, one and a half weeks, and the claim is still unsettled. :mad:

Last I heard, my insurance co. is suing her insurance co. and neither one is budging or has budged on this claim. :mad:

The fact is, attorneys are being paid by each side to hash this mess out thus driving our rates further to the moon.

My rates are in the "preferred group" as me and my wife have excellent driving records with zero claims, zero citations.

It just burns my a$$ whenever I think about this.

I feel a little better now. :(

Carry on,..

Mike.

fastblackmerc
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
You mean it's still not fixed??? I'd get on the horn to your insurance company and tell them you want it fixed NOW! Let them fight it out later.....
They shouldn't treat a good customer that way.

MM2004
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
You mean it's still not fixed??? I'd get on the horn to your insurance company and tell them you want it fixed NOW! Let them fight it out later.....
They shouldn't treat a good customer that way.

Two weeks after the accident it was fixed. Insurance co's. battling who is to pay for what and who will be a fault.

Mike.

Dark_Knight7096
01-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I say you and her get together and settle it the good old fashoned navy way: first person to die, loses! In all seriousness though that is ridiculous. Insurance companies pick and choose their battles wisely as they hate spending money more than anything else in the world. If you have two people: a 16 year old female who JUST recieved her license VS a 5 year old McNugget protector with a totally clean driving record and it's your word vs mine, why would anyone take the side of the 16 year old. I mean i know it's unfair and it is profiling/stereotyping but car insurance companies are good for that, they go by the numbers in the book you know. I really can't believe they are willing to draw this out this far, go to court, pay astronomical lawyer fees in a case that they will (in all probability) lose. Some things make absolutely no sense to me.

CBT
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
That is outrageous. :mad: :mad2:

Vortech347
01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Wasn't there a police report? usually that will indicate who hit who and 99% of the time they go off that...

Bluerauder
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, it has been one year, one and a half weeks, and the claim is still unsettled. :mad:
I don't know who your insurance company is; but I think that I would be shopping around for a different provider. :( This should be a no brainer for the insurance company. No way that they still should be holding this over your head over who is to pay and who doesn't. There were no injuries, no medical bills .... this is a chicken s#i* claim for damages to two vehicles that is well under the "totaled threshold". Sounds like a rinky dink operation to me. Sorry !! :mad:

Tallboy
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Coming from a family comprised mostly of Insurance Agents and Attorneys, let me say this: The claim was paid by one of the insurance companies already, otherwise the body shop would not have released the car. The attorneys are probably on retainer, and have already been paid to do what they are doing.

The insured is no longer liable for another nickel.
The car has been fixed to the owner's satisfaction.

Let it go.

rayjay
01-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Problem is if he is held at fault, his rates will increase. My 9+ month pregnant wife was sitting at a intersection when a moron on rollerblades comes flying across the hood. The blade idiot was ticketed for failure to keep right as rollerbladers are considered the same as bicyclist in NYS, thus all the rules of the road apply to them. After a long drawn out battle, the insurance company tossed her a bone, $1,000, to make the claim go away. She took it and my rates went up. Talk about :bs: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Tallboy
01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Problem is if he is held at fault, his rates will increase. My 9+ month pregnant wife was sitting at a intersection when a moron on rollerblades comes flying across the hood. The blade idiot was ticketed for failure to keep right as rollerbladers are considered the same as bicyclist in NYS, thus all the rules of the road apply to them. After a long drawn out battle, the insurance company tossed her a bone, $1,000, to make the claim go away. She took it and my rates went up. Talk about :bs: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Excellent point. However, the act of his insurance company filing a lawsuit to recoup its expenses absolves Mike from any wrongdoing/fault/increases.

Mike, if you DO get an increase from this, call me.

MM2004
01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Excellent point. However, the act of his insurance company filing a lawsuit to recoup its expenses absolves Mike from any wrongdoing/fault/increases.

Mike, if you DO get an increase from this, call me.

Thanks Tallboy!

To answer a few questions here:

Was there was a police report? Yes. The officer put "Unable to determine who is at fault." :mad:

Was the car quickly repaired? Yes. :)

Who's insurance paid for the car? Mine. :)

Did my rates increase? No. I was told I am allowed one chargeable accident without affecting my rates. :)

I told the police officer and my insurance adjuster that if I was at fault, I'll say it was my fault. In this case, it wasn't.

Pictures were taken of the scene, inserted into Excel, dialogues added and printed onto photo quality paper and handed to my adjuster.

Thinking it was cut and dry. Well, it apparently wasn't.

My fears are this possibly going on my record as I do not have so much as a blemish. :)

No accident in over 20 years, I was proud to say,...

Mike.

MarauderMark
01-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Has a similar thing once. it wound up my insurance co paid for my car(rates did not increase)which was the other persons fault and the other company paid for the other person.That was it,but it took over a year to settle it.