PDA

View Full Version : In Dash CD Player for Wifey...

Dragcity
01-31-2006, 08:28 AM
My darling wife is feeling left out, as I have spent so much time on this site and caring for my Marauder. She has a 2002 Sable that has the tape player only. She wants me to make better use of my time on this site and see if I can somehow acquire a CD unit to replace hers. (and I'm just dying to use my $3.95 removal tools)

Anybody have anything laying around ?

magindat
01-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Sell ya my MM factory deck if you think it'll fit....
Got the sub, too....

Sully008
01-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Does her Sable have EATC? If so, your only recourse is to go with a factory CD head unit/changer. There are NO mounting kits available for cars with EATC. Ask me how I know...

If it's just the knobs, then they do make a kit, although its quite expensive.

http://www.scosche.com/CatalogImages/image.aspx/FD1380B.jpg

Dragcity
01-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes, She has EATC. Kinda funny we got a loaded Sable but they did not offer a CD player. You could get a lower model with one.....

SO am I out of luck?

I think our MM units are to big for the Sable, but I'll measure tonight.

Sully008
01-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Dragcity,

The problem with the Sable/Taurus is the entire face of that panel is the circuit board. There's no way of getting around it. I had a 2002 Taurus SEL that had EATC. I took the back off of that abortion only to find that the circuit board is the shape of the panel, and the cassette tape goes through it.

All the heater controls are also part of the board, which is dual layer. It took me months to make a motorized front panel, with an aftermarket deck behind it. It was pretty cool, wish I took pics/vids, but I traded in the Taurus for a CVLX.

Dragcity
01-31-2006, 09:03 AM
DOOOOOgh! (Homer Simpson Impression)!

Just one more thing for the Misses to pick on me about...

Sully008
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
The easiest way to get CDs is to buy the factory 6 disc changer, or get an FM modulated one. The dealership should be able to install that easy. It fits in the cubbyhole underneath the armrest.

Donny Carlson
01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
DOOOOOgh! (Homer Simpson Impression)!

Just one more thing for the Misses to pick on me about...

You are not out of luck. Look here:

http://www.mnrelectronics.com/fordcdchangers.html

They will sell you the Ford CD changer and cable for your Sable. It should just plug right into your control unit on the dash. Prices are competitive with aftermarket units.