PDA

View Full Version : Any Opinions On Mercury Milan?

MarauderBZ
02-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Well this winter yielded the death of my Firebird due to my wife's inept driving in bad as heck snowy, unplowed, roads weather. She has no interest in driving my Marauder (thank god). However she has taken a great interest in the Mercury Milan. I've read a little about it and seems nice. Test drove at the dealership, etc. I like it as well. Anyone here have some opinions or experiences with this new model? Thanks all.

jerrym3
02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Looks like a decent people mover. Classier than the Fusion, especially in black/tan interior, high level trim package.

Rider90
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I was in a Ford 500 not too long ago. I cannot believe how much room was in the back seat. I'm one big mutha and I fit in the back no problems and had lots of room to spare.

TheDealer
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I have on for a demo. All my guys have driven and my wife. They all love the car. I had my wifes Lincoln LS in fro service last week. She drove teh Milan to work. On the way home, 2 guys stopped her to ask about the car. They tought it was relally nice looking.

Hotrauder
02-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I have on for a demo. All my guys have driven and my wife. They all love the car. I had my wifes Lincoln LS in fro service last week. She drove teh Milan to work. On the way home, 2 guys stopped her to ask about the car. They tought it was relally nice looking.

Ray, me thinky they thought Mrs. Ray was really nice looking. Sight unseen I betcha a double sawbuck. they may have liked the car, too. I do. Dennis. :beer: PS I am going to buy mine from you. thanks for all your help with my grills, spoilers, parts and key Fob. Yes those are plurals! I am grateful, Ray. Oh, do you have a current price on the Trunk Organizer for our cars?

dwasson
02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I drove a Fusion. I think it's the best FWD transmission Ford has ever built. It doesn't feel harsh or mushy. It has a lot of room for a smallish car. In a dark color it is attractive.

TheDealer
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Ray, me thinky they thought Mrs. Ray was really nice looking. Sight unseen I betcha a double sawbuck. they may have liked the car, too. I do. Dennis. :beer: PS I am going to buy mine from you. thanks for all your help with my grills, spoilers, parts and key Fob. Yes those are plurals! I am grateful, Ray. Oh, do you have a current price on the Trunk Organizer for our cars?

You could be right. Nobody has ever stopped me in it. :P

The organizers are $240.33 plus shipping.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/176/174/8351.jpg

MENINBLK
02-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I test drove a Milan 4 cyl last week.
The engine/exhaust was way too loud and ricey for me.

There is lots of pep and power with the 2.3L 160HP Mazda 4cyl.
I would have liked to drive the 6cyl, but none were available.

MotorWeek did a review of the 6cyl Milan, last week on Speed TV.
Its specs are very impressive.
It is 15.4 sec on 1/4 mile and 0 - 60 in 7 sec.
It will run neck and neck with a stock Marauder !!!

n-cherok
02-01-2006, 02:59 PM
my brother has one , that he got and he loves his the stereo in the premier is kick ass

TheDealer
02-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm driving a v-6. Everyone, even my hot rod son, said that thing flys!!!!

Hotrauder
02-01-2006, 03:10 PM
You could be right. Nobody has ever stopped me in it. :P

The organizers are $240.33 plus shipping.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/176/174/8351.jpg

Ayah, I rest my case! I was right on! Just send me the money. I'll call next week on the trunk organizer. Thanks Dennis:bows: PS who is the handsome guy sitting with the lovely Mrs. Ray? I would keep an eye on him! Lovely bride as well! You lucky dog.

MarauderBZ
02-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the input. We're debating between the 2.3 4 and the 3.0 6 right now. The dealer that I'd buy from has 10 different ones in stock, but they are all 2.3's right now. They have some 3.0's coming in and we're going to check that one out before any final decisions. I'm more for the Montego, with the AWD, but she's dead set on the Milan after alot of shoppin around.

RoyLPita
02-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the input. We're debating between the 2.3 4 and the 3.0 6 right now. The dealer that I'd buy from has 10 different ones in stock, but they are all 2.3's right now. They have some 3.0's coming in and we're going to check that one out before any final decisions. I'm more for the Montego, with the AWD, but she's dead set on the Milan after alot of shoppin around.

I would try either one to see how both do in going up some of those hills.

SouLRioT
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
My roomate has the 2.3L I-4 Fusion, and loves the car. Hasnt had a complaint since hes bought the car.

Meteorite
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I drove a Fusion. I think it's the best FWD transmission Ford has ever built. It doesn't feel harsh or mushy. It has a lot of room for a smallish car. In a dark color it is attractive.

Dan, which transmission was in the Fusion you drove? (There are 3 possibilities ... 6-speed auto, 5-speed auto, and manual.) The manual is only for the I-4 engine, I think.

merc6
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the input. We're debating between the 2.3 4 and the 3.0 6 right now. The dealer that I'd buy from has 10 different ones in stock, but they are all 2.3's right now. They have some 3.0's coming in and we're going to check that one out before any final decisions. I'm more for the Montego, with the AWD, but she's dead set on the Milan after alot of shoppin around.Listen to the mazda 6 moderator when he tells you don't buy the 2.3 automatic for gas milage before the 06 model year. V6 auto gets way better MPG than the previous years 6i auto. 18.5 is my mpg.

dwasson
02-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Dan, which transmission was in the Fusion you drove? (There are 3 possibilities ... 6-speed auto, 5-speed auto, and manual.) The manual is only for the I-4 engine, I think.

I drove a V6 with the 6 speed auto. I thought that it worked well.

Someone mentioned that the I-4 may get worse milage than the V-6. That is true of a buddy's Mazda 6.

merc6
02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
engine doesn't have enough get up and go to compensate the auto tranny and the 4 speed gearing was horrible on hiway. 6 speed V6 was suposedly better mpg than the manual trannys. I found that verry odd. Also mazdas are Can Bus making them not mod friendly. CAI=CEL or DTC for the ford guys

dwasson
02-02-2006, 04:48 PM
I had a 63 Rambler with the little 6 as a winter beater one year. It got better mileage around town than it did on the freeway. It was just working too hard at 70 MPH.

SergntMac
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Anyone here have some opinions or experiences with this new model? Yeah...Milan sounds like Marauder in a TV commercial with a voice-over artist from Joisey...

RCSignals
02-03-2006, 09:50 PM
It is 15.4 sec on 1/4 mile and 0 - 60 in 7 sec.
It will run neck and neck with a stock Marauder !!!

Nothing like teh mighty Sable then......such a shame ;)