PDA

View Full Version : Racing & Meeting at Bradenton, Feb. 4th.

Smokie
02-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Are we still on for racing and a meeting tomorrow at 10:00 am at Bradenton Motorsports???? Want to make sure I don't race alone, I may be tempted to create false timeslips that make my car faster than it really is.:D

JMan
02-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Are we still on for racing and a meeting tomorrow at 10:00 am at Bradenton Motorsports???? Want to make sure I don't race alone, I may be tempted to create false timeslips that make my car faster than it really is.:D

Check the last post by your's truly in the other thread. It has the Friday morning's weather synopsis from the NWS. It's looking better! I'm going just to see you and Tom blast down the 1320. I should bring a video camera in case I have to race against you guys. I could post it and everybody would get to see what it's like driving a barge. It would also show your e.t. on the board if I'm close enough to read it :o .

"Let's Roll" :burnout:

Jake

jimlam56
02-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Right now the weather channel is saying 80% chance of rain tomorrow morning...
I'm going to make a decision on this by the end of the day, don't want to drive 8 hours RT for nothing...

MarauderTJA
02-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Weather is still up in the air. Calling for 70% scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning. The key work, "scattered." I am hoping for the best. I will be checking again in the morning. If there is any chance at all of it being dry for just a couple of hours, I'll be going. Have to take advantage of the cool weather. Any of you can call me on my cell in the morning and we can coordinate the meet if the weather holds out. You know Florida, things can be fine or shi**y, regardless what the weatherman says. Cell 239-281-5181.

TOM

MarauderTJA
02-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Check the last post by your's truly in the other thread. It has the Friday morning's weather synopsis from the NWS. It's looking better! I'm going just to see you and Tom blast down the 1320. I should bring a video camera in case I have to race against you guys. I could post it and everybody would get to see what it's like driving a barge. It would also show your e.t. on the board if I'm close enough to read it :o .

"Let's Roll" :burnout:

Jake

Cool Jake! I am really hoping that the weather holds for us. And yes, bring the video camera. Smokie and I have raced before at Bradenton, but now he has his supercharger and it will be a much different race. He will be hauling a**.:D

Smokie
02-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Cool Jake! I am really hoping that the weather holds for us. And yes, bring the video camera. Smokie and I have raced before at Bradenton, but now he has his supercharger and it will be a much different race. He will be hauling a**.:D

I hope it works out Tom, want to hang out with the guys, if we get to race I believe I still will be watching your rear bumper...I can't touch a 12.3 :D .....yet.;)

jimlam56
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry guys, I'm bailing out on this one...still 80% rain as of 5:40 this afternoon...thundering up here in Macclenny...catch ya next time.

Smokie
02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Sorry guys, I'm bailing out on this one...still 80% rain as of 5:40 this afternoon...thundering up here in Macclenny...catch ya next time.

I understand, it does look pretty bad.:(

MaLo03
02-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Been raining since 7am all day here in Orlando.
I'll be in Miami getting MaLoMobile tuned.

marauderboi
02-03-2006, 04:26 PM
We should still be going

bradical
02-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Right now I'm planning on coming down if others from the Tampa Bay area are heading that way. I'll meet you on I275 at 38th Avenue if you call my cell and give me a heads up. Cell: 727-542-1559.
--Brad

djv5150
02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Right now I'm planning on coming down if others from the Tampa Bay area are heading that way. I'll meet you on I275 at 38th Avenue if you call my cell and give me a heads up. Cell: 727-542-1559.
--Brad
Meeting JMAN and SSMUSTANG at Ulmerton rd and Roosevelt McDonalds 8:00am

JMan
02-03-2006, 07:39 PM
. . . And say let's go for it tomorrow.
There's still a little rift in the atmosphere just to our west that's keeping the threat of showers alive. This low pressure area gave us the showers responsible for up to a foot of rain in West-Central Florida today. Behind that rift is some greatly drier air which will ultimately sweep through the area in the next 15 hours or so (By noon). I don't wish to waste anybody's time, but I'm going in the morning. Any takers? I'll be on Ulmerton at eight. Feel free to call me at any time in the morning if necessary.

Jake

Smokie
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Unless there is some horrific weather when I get up tomorrow morning I plan on going. Will log in early tomorrow and we can coordinate.

King Fubar
02-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks like the weather should clear up there in the morning....we'll be there

bradical
02-04-2006, 04:19 AM
Good morning all. Weather looking not so great. What is the consensus? On or off? Bradenton is not that far for me, so if drag strip is off, I'd still like to meet ya'll. What's happening?

MarauderTJA
02-04-2006, 04:50 AM
Based on updated weather and forcast for the day we will have to cancel today's meet at Bradenton Motor Sports Park. With the rain forcasted I doubt that the track will even open.:(

Smokie
02-04-2006, 05:00 AM
What do you guys think about this??? We have breakfast at the Cracker Barrel at 10:00 AM just west of exit 220, have our meeting first and around Noon the sun is supposed to be out???

Anybody???

marauderboi
02-04-2006, 05:10 AM
We will be at mcdonalds at 8:00

Smokie that is a good idea

MarauderTJA
02-04-2006, 05:12 AM
What do you guys think about this??? We have breakfast at the Cracker Barrel at 10:00 AM just west of exit 220, have our meeting first and around Noon the sun is supposed to be out???

Anybody???

I'm up for that Javier. See ya at 10AM at the Cracker Barrel. :D

JMan
02-04-2006, 05:16 AM

Anybody???

Never mind!
[Javier,
Us 'coasties could meet you in the Westshore area also. That's half way between us. Any thoughts? The track will not be open until this afternoon for the 4pm Brackets. No need to zip down there if Tom's not coming up and I don't blame him. Feedback anyone?]

Jake

Smokie
02-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Allright then, on Saturdays Mayra and I always go for a drive in the Marauder, so we get together at the Barrel, have a good breakfast, meeting.....if we are lucky maybe a little racing.

If not, we still got together,ate good food, did a little planning....how can you go wrong???:D

jimlam56
02-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Dang, wish we would have talked about option B last night!:alone:

MarauderTJA
02-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Spoke to King Fubar, he is coming as well. Left a message for Bootlegger and hopefully he will go up with us as well. Lou will be coming with me.