PDA

View Full Version : "HEMI" Jeep.....

Marauderjack
02-04-2006, 06:14 AM
I saw an ad on TV for these things and it appears they are pretty QUICK!!:bows:

I actually saw one yesterday and other than the fact it is a Jeep Wagoneer it actually looked pretty sharp......FAT tires.....Black Exterior.....Big ole dual exhausts in the center of the bumper (Viper like).....Sporty Wheels!!!:beer:

Where the heck is Ford while the competitors are moving AHEAD!!!:confused:

Marauderjack:shake:

RR|Suki
02-04-2006, 06:23 AM

I actually saw one yesterday and other than the fact it is a Jeep Wagoneer it actually looked pretty sharp......FAT tires.....Black Exterior.....Big ole dual exhausts in the center of the bumper (Viper like).....Sporty Wheels!!!:beer:

Where the heck is Ford while the competitors are moving AHEAD!!!:confused:

Marauderjack:shake:

I hear tell of an AWD SVT sport trac... won't hold my breath though

Bluerauder
02-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Here's a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 from the Washington Auto Show last weekend.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/GrandCherokeeSRT8.jpg

StevenJ
02-04-2006, 06:53 AM
I hear tell of an AWD SVT sport trac... won't hold my breath though

Oh they just canceled the SVT sport track in yesterday's announcement. The normal Sport Track is still comming just not the SVT version. The Fusion should be the next big SVT car. 3.5 with AWD.

MikesMerc
02-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Oh they just canceled the SVT sport track in yesterday's announcement.

Actually its only delayed. SVT was reduced from 90 to 40 persons and the Adrenaline was pushed back. This is per "someone" in the SVT group we all know and love.

Either way, its bad news. "Pushed back" often leads to "scratched." The performance days at Ford are diminished and dying a certain death.

Marauderjack
02-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Bluerauder....

That's it....Grand Cherokee....Wagoneer....Statio n Wagon....Magnum....all the same to me!!!:argue:

Looks like a pretty high center of gravity for that much power.....We'll probably see a bunch of them mangled up......like the GTO's!!??:cool:

Looks like it has our wheels on it??:confused:

Marauderjack:bandit:

Bluerauder
02-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Looks like it has our wheels on it??:confused:
You know that I didn't even notice that until I posted the pic. :o

bigslim
02-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Car and Driver just tested the SRT-8 Jeep and the Trailblazer SS. They got the Jeep to run a "13.2" 1/4 mile against the Trailblazer's "14.1" 1/4 mile.

Joe Walsh
02-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Car and Driver just tested the SRT-8 Jeep and the Trailblazer SS. They got the Jeep to run a "13.2" 1/4 mile against the Trailblazer's "14.1" 1/4 mile.

YEP! I just read that C&D test...13.2 sec @ 104 mph!:bows:

That is ONE BAD MUTHA of an SUV!

I've gotta go bolt in some 4.10s to run with one of those!:alone:

Patiently waiting for FORD to produce ANYTHING with some cojones under the hood....instead we get.... :sleepy:......

Marauderjack
02-04-2006, 10:39 AM
SCAREY...AIN'T IT JOE????:confused: :censor: :down: :eek:

It's either $200+K for a soon to be extinct GT or $50+K for a Hot Mustang (too small)....WHAT NEXT FORD?????:confused:

Marauderjack:rolleyes:

Big House
02-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Mr. Ford has gone green in that he is trying to revive the American auto industry but by make cute environmentally safe and concious cars for the future. He is no longer concerned about what we want...big wheels big motors and a lot power. I personally think these are the last days for Ford. We are on the dawn of the new Dodge era. It time we all supercharge or fade away.

RR|Suki
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
dodge/chrystler has taken over, I've been sayin it for a while now. ever since the SRT-4. They are making fast fast stock cars and with those a plethora of base models with alot of range. When they make the 2 door coupe (challenger) it's gonna be game over unless ford and chevy can put something on the table.

Marauderjack
02-04-2006, 12:03 PM
And guess what......ALL of Dodge/Chrysler cars are REAR WHEEL DRIVE now with the exception of the Sebrings and mini-vans......Does that tell ya something!!??:confused:

I just wish their stuff wasn't sooooo "Butt Ugly"!!!!:censor: :shake:

Sad to think this car might just be the last Ford I ever have....sniff....sniff!!!:cry:

Marauderjack:cool:

Bluerauder
02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
When they make the 2 door coupe (challenger) it's gonna be game over unless ford and chevy can put something on the table.
Me likey one of these .... hope D-C holds true to the concept.

CAMarauders at the 2006 Washington Auto Show

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/CAMWASChallenger.jpg

Mike Poore
02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
The fact that I know nothing about marketing and the auto industry isn't going to stop me from making a fool of myself ....once again.

It seems to me, Ford's approach of making every model platform specific is a huge mistake. Each platform gets one engine/transmission option, end of story. Let's use a few examples: the Ford GT is a sensational car and projects a performance image second to none; except that only a few can/will ever own one of 'em, and like the Thunderbird, production will soon end.

Next is the Mustang, a sensational car in every respect, with several models and engine/transmission combinations, in hard top and convertible; but why isn't there a Mercury and a Lincoln version? You can bet, Chrysler would be offering it nine ways fron Sunday.

If Chrysler made the Mustang, there would be all sorts of variations on the platform and engine options out the wazoo. Hell, they'd even have a Jeep something or other, or at least one with the much touted high performance engine. (like they've done) They're gonna unveil that drop dead gorgeous Challenger like a bomb, next year. They already have the platform and running gear. Just grab some stuff from here and a few parts over there, drop the SR8 mill in it, and it's done.

My next point is about our dearly beloved Panther platform. You can get a Ford, a Mercury, or a Lincoln on the Panther, in various levels of dress and bargeness, but sadly, ..one engine, and one transmission. Again, if Chrysler made it there would be a Dodge version and a Chrysler version with all sorts of variations, and four or five engine/transmission choices. And you know what? They'd have an ad with that goober climbing up on the car carrier going across the desert, shouting to the world "It's got a HEEMMMMEE!".

You get the idea all of em are super cars, even if it's got a four banger and you've gotta push the damned thing up hill; but they're selling cars; and it may be all smoke and mirrors; but they're selling cars.

Not only that, but you think you can go to any Dodge/Chrysler dealer and get one of 'em, unlike Ford's Idiotic SVT dealership program. They made wonderful cars, SVT; but the marketing strategy was a disaster, at least from this country boy's prospective. I mean who, but Ford, could dream up a marketing program that would piss off the dealer base, AND the customers.

Brilliant, simply brilliant.