PDA

View Full Version : ...Paying it off soon! :D

Petrograde
02-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Well, I did my taxes for '05... getting a very nice return. Thanks TurboTax! Apparently my CPA sucked! She's no longer getting any of my business.

I also amended my '03 return. I originally paid 2K,.... Now I'm getting back almost 3 times that! (not to mention the $$$ from my '05 return) :banana2: :cuke:

Many things ran through my head as far as mods I could install for that kinda cash. But, since I only owe 9K on my MM; I've decided to pay her off before I do anything else.

It'll be nice to have the extra $334.51 a month! :D So, hopefully within the next year I should have my Kook's and Naake suspension! :banana2:

Sorry, just a bit excited over here,.. thanks for reading my mindless babbling. :P

jimlam56
02-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Congrats. Been using Turbo Tax for the last few years. I like the automatic deposit into your bank account, usually takes less than 3 weeks to have your money.

Logan
02-05-2006, 09:54 AM
What glaringly obvious error did the accountant make? It's pretty hard to screw up a return THAT much... I've been using TaxACT for a couple years, works great... Never tried Turbo Tax...

Petrograde
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
What glaringly obvious error did the accountant make? It's pretty hard to screw up a return THAT much... I've been using TaxACT for a couple years, works great... Never tried Turbo Tax...

I was a contactor in Kuwait in '03. No taxes were taken from my checks. Tax law says you have to be out of the country for 330 days to be tax exempt unless (I found out) if you leave during "war or civil unrest". So I filed the waiver.

My CPA told me that was for military personnel only. Which made no sense to me. So after navigating the IRS site for many hours, I found it in black & white. She should've known that. :mad2: Granted, my situation was a bit uncommon, ..but still.