PDA

View Full Version : Mi2QWK4U - For the record

Dan
02-05-2006, 09:30 AM
MI2QWK4U,

My apologies for my innuendo. I would apologize via PM but I am a firm believer that when an out of turn comment is made in public a person should be stand up enough to retract said comment in public as well.

Logan,

Welcome back. I don't know where you went but I hope it was fun, you made a lot of money or both.

Though I am pretty sure I didn't, if I posted anything offensive or against the rules in the aforementioned threads I am prepared to take whatever is coming to me like a man. Just please be so kind as to issue me a warning first. I think you already know how my reaction will be to that.

Best,

Dan

SergntMac
02-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Geeze...Missed all the fun again.

jimlam56
02-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Me too, still wondering about "My Last Post"...

Dan
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Sarge,

I'll update you (and the rest).

Prequel: "My last post" was terminated at the very end of 05. A new thread with the same concept was started shortly thereafter which was short lived. Not being happy to see this forum without a thread whose point was no point at all yet another thread was started entitled "The Winner is." Point of said thread appeared to be to start a thread whose point was to get closed but to see who got to make the very last post in said thread. Said poster would the the "winner."
1. "The winner is" thread was deleted.
2. MI closed the thread.
3. New thread started announcing winner of "Winner is" thread.
4. In the new thread MI said that he had planned to not close the "The Winner is" thread until he got a complaint.
5. I made a remark which insinuated that he was somehow in the the silliness of the "The Winnder is" thread.
6. He comment on that particular comment that I made.
7. Folks began posting pointless posts in this new thread, too. It was starting to get to be like trolling for the point of being pointless instead of the typical trolling.
8. After MI replied to my comment I recognized that my comment might have been out of line and so started this thread, "For the record."

And here we are.

Don't worry. If you are the no-nonsense person I think you are then you didn't miss any fun. :)

Now Logan is back and, it appears, order is returning to the universe. :) :up:

Best,

Dan

Hotrauder
02-05-2006, 10:22 AM

Man, me too. The best part of this PC crap is that everyone is PO'd at everyone over nothing that would have even been noticed back when the world and I were both still sane. The circus is fun to watch. Everyone apologizing for breathing hard. Hot dam my sides hurt everyday. Love it. Dennis:D

We ain't goin to forgive until we know what yu did to who! Haw Haw Haw:rofl:

Petrograde
02-05-2006, 10:25 AM
yup,.. in the 'good 'ol days' evil threads were usually just locked,.. not completely zapped.

...another entertaining train wreck.

TripleTransAm
02-05-2006, 10:26 AM

Don't sweat it. Based on what I've seen in the past several years, won't take long for the next smash-up.

Now, which one sucked again... was it Trilogy or Procharger? Or was it the Republicans (or the Democrats?)? I forget...

Hotrauder
02-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Don't sweat it. Based on what I've seen in the past several years, won't take long for the next smash-up.

Now, which one sucked again... was it Trilogy or Procharger? Or was it the Republicans (or the Democrats?)? I forget...

Well this 100 Megaton puff is over so, Steve, how did those mufflers work out on your set-up? Dennis

TAF
02-05-2006, 10:39 AM

It was the Canadians..... ;) :P

SergntMac
02-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Dan. Yes I did skip all that, but kudos for the apology anyway.

Donny Carlson
02-05-2006, 10:56 AM
It was the Canadians..... ;) :P

I wish to aplogise to all Canadian citizens on behalf of...

eh, fugit.

BLAME CANADA!!!

TripleTransAm
02-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Well this 100 Megaton puff is over so, Steve, how did those mufflers work out on your set-up? Dennis

They sucked.

Just kidding, I think I'll get around to addressing them this coming week. I have some key issues to overcome before making the decision, though. The whole process will be much easier to deal with, now that I'm on my 2nd MM. That's all I can say for now...

TAF
02-05-2006, 11:02 AM
I wish to aplogise to all Canadian citizens on behalf of...

eh, fugit.

BLAME CANADA!!!

You have "the gift" Dr. Carlson...now put it to some better use....huh?

http://x2.putfile.com/1/2910563053.gif

TripleTransAm
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
BLAME CANADA!!!

We had Elvis assassinated back in '77.
P!ss us off again and Britney gets it this time.

Paul T. Casey
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
We don't know how to not get along on this site. One of my other site's is really in the midst of a good all out war. It's really entertaining.

Donny Carlson
02-05-2006, 11:06 AM
You have "the gift" Dr. Carlson...now put it to some better use....huh?

Yeah, that was lame.

MI2QWK4U
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
yup,.. in the 'good 'ol days' evil threads were usually just locked,.. not completely zapped.

...another entertaining train wreck.

The thread Dan is refering to isnt zapped, its closed.

CRUZTAKER
02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
We had Elvis assassinated back in '77.
P!ss us off again and Britney gets it this time.

BRITTNEY SPEARS IS REALLY A MAN.

http://shooshtime.com

MI2QWK4U
02-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Sarge,

I'll update you (and the rest).

Prequel: "My last post" was terminated at the very end of 05. A new thread with the same concept was started shortly thereafter which was short lived. Not being happy to see this forum without a thread whose point was no point at all yet another thread was started entitled "The Winner is." Point of said thread appeared to be to start a thread whose point was to get closed but to see who got to make the very last post in said thread. Said poster would the the "winner."
1. "The winner is" thread was deleted.
2. MI closed the thread.
3. New thread started announcing winner of "Winner is" thread.
4. In the new thread MI said that he had planned to not close the "The Winner is" thread until he got a complaint.
5. I made a remark which insinuated that he was somehow in the the silliness of the "The Winnder is" thread.
6. He comment on that particular comment that I made.
7. Folks began posting pointless posts in this new thread, too. It was starting to get to be like trolling for the point of being pointless instead of the typical trolling.
8. After MI replied to my comment I recognized that my comment might have been out of line and so started this thread, "For the record."

And here we are.

Don't worry. If you are the no-nonsense person I think you are then you didn't miss any fun. :)

Now Logan is back and, it appears, order is returning to the universe. :) :up:

Best,

Dan

Well,

1. The Original thread was closed due to violations I wasnt aware of until I was put on notice in a reported post notice and 2 emails.

2. I closed it.

3. In the spirit of good fun, I noted that Barry was the last post in the thread, although it was not due to anything Barry did. There were other individuals responsible for posting outside the rules "daring for the post to be closed". Those individuals may be punished by Logan, my recommendation is in his PM box.

4. What this means is I wasnt paying much attention to that waste of time post, like a few other ones around and in the past where people have nothing better to do with this site than waste space saying nothing to important. I dont get involved unless I actually see something or it is reported. Make sense?

5. Dan blatently stated that I was involved in this post and closing it?

Agreed. THANK YOU!!!

But what I wonder is if the moderator wasn't in on it. I wonder this based on his comment, "I wasn't going to close it unitl someone complained."

Only the shadow knows.

Best,

Dan

6. I replied to his statement.

No Dan, the Moderator wasnt in on it. I wasnt paying much attention to the thread, there are a few that just seem to linger, get closed, get resurrected, and linger on. I figured it a thread got out of line, someone would say so, I dont live on this site, there are 2 other moderators that apparently not watching it either, the last I saw it, it was ok. Logan is right, it went downhill fast. If you have a problem with a thread or post, report it, if not, dont complain.

7. That is a given, posting useless stuff is commonplace.

8. If you want to know whats going on, PM me or email me like everyone else does, now there is another useless thread for people to add to.

And Logan doesnt have to be here for there to be order in the universe, there were a number of people that were getting vacations until Logan said he might handle it. The rules are there, break them and take a vacation.

Dan
02-05-2006, 04:16 PM
MI,

I think that we were pretty much on the same page with the play by play. I guess I can see why you felt it was blatant. I felt it was more of an insinuation and that was the intention. Regardless, I don't think that we need to argue about that here. :up: Besides, the apology is already on record.

I felt that my starting a new post with my apology was appropriate for the reasons stated in the first post. Private apologies should never do for public comments.

I don't know how it is on this site because I have never made this request here. On other sites, if the topic starter requests that a thread be closed it is typically granted.

I am requesting that this thread be closed. I agree with you, enough time wasted. If it is not the policy of this site to honor this type of request I understand.

Best,

Dan