PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Refs -- Bad Calls

Bluerauder
02-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Don't know about ya'll ... but the refs in the Superbowl XL are blowing calls left and right. I have counted four questionable calls already. :(

I don't have a horse in the Pittsburgh - Seattle race; but it looks like Seattle took the first half despite the score. :rolleyes: Should be 10-0 minimum for Seattle. IMHO.

Oh well, back to the game for the 2nd half. :rolleyes:

Oh well .... 21-10 Steelers. Dayum shame too ... it woulda been a close game if the refs didn't play. :bs:

teamrope
02-05-2006, 07:00 PM
String em up! :mad2:

grzellmer
02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, refs really stunk up the joint. EVERY major play for Seattle called back by a penalty. Guess its easier to see holding when you're jersey is blue.

Just a bystander watching the commercials

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Can't stand it when the "officals" decide the outcome....
I shut it off after the myster "low block call" That came after the phantom holding call before the interception.
sad.

STLR FN
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Ya know what you right there were bad calls but last time I checked the game is played for 60 minutes. 60 minutes of give it your all football. Seattle took it to the Steelers the first half of the game after that dunno. Guess they became the choke artists.

Hotrauder
02-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I was really disappointed with the officiating also but most games have bad calls and the great teams overcome and win. I don't think either team was stellar and did not care who won but when the chips were down in the second half the Steelers did what they had to do. I give them the edge. and I had another beer.:beer:

Merc-O-matic
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey, everybody gets lucky now and then....
just like the Umps gave the Chicago White Sox the World Series this
past year!

Gotta Love It! Go Browns!

Blue03
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Congrats to the Steelers! Everyone had their chances. The Steelers scored when it counted. The razzle dazzle was perfect and they got the job done! Thanks to the Seahawks for their best year ever! I hope we get to try it again next year!

Mad4Macs
02-06-2006, 03:42 AM
No way!
"Next year", it's the Lions (We've been saying that since 1957).

:lol:

Merc-O-matic
02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Next year: Browns vs Lions great match up,
just like the old days! I should live so long.....

Gotta Love It!:pimp:

Joe Walsh
02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Don't know about ya'll ... but the refs in the Superbowl XL are blowing calls left and right. I have counted four questionable calls already. :(

I don't have a horse in the Pittsburgh - Seattle race; but it looks like Seattle took the first half despite the score. :rolleyes: Should be 10-0 minimum for Seattle. IMHO.

Oh well, back to the game for the 2nd half. :rolleyes:

Oh well .... 21-10 Steelers. Dayum shame too ... it woulda been a close game if the refs didn't play. :bs:

Yeah, Congrats to the Steelers.

But I hate it when the refs help decide the game for the TWO teams playing:

1: Offensive interference on 1st Seahawks TD....:bs:
2: Big Ben does not make it into the endzone...line judge indicates ball down, then changes mind and raises second arm to indicate TD....:bs:
3: Holding call on Seattle punt runback, even the announcers can't find phantom hold....:bs:
4: Holding on Seattle after first and goal pass completion....another phantom hold.....:bs:

5: Low block penalty on Hasselbeck tackle on INT runback...WTF???

6: No call on 'Horsecollar' tackle by Pittsburgh....Are the refs **** blind??

Really too bad for Seattle that the calls were so F'n bad....:mad:
I'm glad that I'm not a Seattle Seahawks fan, I'd be loading a gun right about now...:mad2:

ADE 1000
02-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey, everybody gets lucky now and then....
just like the Umps gave the Chicago White Sox the World Series this
past year!

Yeah, sure they did........:rolleyes: