PDA

View Full Version : Customer Torches Ford Dealership

TheDealer
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
http://cbs4.com/watercooler/local_story_035203500.html

Joe Walsh
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
JEEZ! Stupid tool can't bargain so he blows a gasket and burns the dealership down including a 'Gulf' special edition Ford GT.
Too bad the police didn't shoot the loser and save us all from the cost of his long stay in prison.
Maybe he'll be better at bargaining with his new 'Brokeback Mountain' fellow inmates!

UAW 588
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Classic, Stupid though, but Classic!!!!!!!!!!!

STLR FN
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
What a tool.

Bluerauder
02-06-2006, 05:40 PM
I suspect that he is no longer eligible for the "Friends and Family" discount. :rofl:

Just goes to show how close to the edge some folks are and they don't need a hugh push to go off the deep end. :( Can you say "Bi-Polar" ??

Odd thing is that they let him go with just $1,500 toward a $15,000 bail. :confused:

hitchhiker
02-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Maybe he'll be better at bargaining with his new 'Brokeback Mountain' fellow inmates!

His new cellmates will have him barking like a dog in no time!

How much for the slightly over-cooked GT?

:D

Marauder2005
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
"One of the cars destroyed was a rare Ford GT, painted baby blue,

one of just 250..."

Make that 249... :o :(

Donny Carlson
02-06-2006, 05:57 PM
That guy was a few bricks short a load. Anybody who signs a buyers's agreement and a retail contract (assuming he didn't pay cash for the Escape) has to know you can't come back the next day to renegotiate the deal. He has to have some mental problems, I mean he had to know he couldn't get away with torching the car and the dealership.

Still, brass ones. I've been pissed off at a dealer to want to do something like that, only reason and self control keeps you from actually doing it.

Slowpoke
02-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Heck, and considering that Donny's profession is a postal worker, FOR SURE you do not want to be on his bad side!

click here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=going+postal

That guy was a few bricks short a load. Anybody who signs a buyers's agreement and a retail contract (assuming he didn't pay cash for the Escape) has to know you can't come back the next day to renegotiate the deal. He has to have some mental problems, I mean he had to know he couldn't get away with torching the car and the dealership.

Still, brass ones. I've been pissed off at a dealer to want to do something like that, only reason and self control keeps you from actually doing it.

TripleTransAm
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Imagine what he'd have done if he'd been complaining of a ticking valvetrain! or blue smoke at startup! :lol:

jimlam56
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe it was an act of "performance art"?

Bigdogjim
02-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Imagine what he'd have done if he'd been complaining of a ticking valvetrain! or blue smoke at startup! :lol:

If sucker had to deal with L&M dealership I got mine from with the paint issues WOW!:flamer:

This guy takes flamming to a new high!:mad2:

teamrope
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Severe case of to many dollars, not enough since. :shake:

Bluerauder
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
... only reason and self control keeps you from actually doing it.
... and a minimum of 2 fully functioning brain cells. :rofl:

seans
02-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Odd thing is that they let him go with just $1,500 toward a $15,000 bail. :confused:[/quote]

When you use a Bail Bonds Man you usually only have to pay ten percent of your bond as a fee to them and then they post your bond.

I wonder if his warranty will cover the damage to his vehicle?

Ross
02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Don't let BillyGman find out that this guy torched a GT, or there will be one well aimed .50 cal round headed his way!

djv5150
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
No prison for him, It was reported that the guy hung himself on a flight from Washington DC to Los Angeles yesterday.
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/2285321.html

Joe Walsh
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
No prison for him, It was reported that the guy hung himself on a flight from Washington DC to Los Angeles yesterday.

Excellent! That solves that problem...

No court trial, no wasted public funds, AND we won't have to listen to how bad his childhood was, and how that contributed to his mental instability...:blah:

Pretty strange, the guy goes to buy a new SUV and that ultimately leads to the end of his life.

I suppose that he would've wanted to be cremated.

MaLo03
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
This is very sad. Poor guy has been getting shafted and now finds himself in a corner and kills himself.
SHAME on crooked dealerships. He probably had other issues but this dealer just pushed him over board. We all have our run ins with these dealers. I, as well as a buch of us know how to get the upper hand on these dealers and use it to our advantage but not this poor guy. I bet these the dealers are wondering if this is going to start a trend like the infamous "going postal"

Joe Walsh
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I can't say that I feel sorry for the guy...The dealership did not put a gun to his head and demand that he buy the SUV.
He could have walked out of the dealership at any point during the sale negotiations.
If he didn't like the deal, why did he sign the papers and drive off with the vehicle?:dunno:

Bluerauder
02-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I can't say that I feel sorry for the guy...
How the h#LL did he hang himself in an airplane lavatory?? I have trouble in that limited space of doing what it was intended for. :rolleyes:

Just remember to keep this in perspective ... this guy killed himself over an Escape SUV. :confused: Maybe over an F150 Harley Pickup or a loaded Expedition; but .... :( I am convinced this guy had lots of other things going on and this was just the "straw that broke the camel's back".

ctrcbob
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Seans,

How is it that you know how Bail Bondsmen do business? :D

Been on the "Giving" or "Receiving" end? :lol: :help: <big big grin>