PDA

View Full Version : First day off in over a year....

Donny Carlson
02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
and I'm sick. That s-u-c-k-s

I have the whole weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Could hardly finish the route today I was feeling so bad. Feels like the flu.

It could be a side effect from the huge doseage of Celebrex my doctor has me on. The degenerative arthritis under my knee cap has worsened to such a point that he has me taking 800 MG a day, 4 200 MG caps. He told me that that's the max doseage and usually only cancer paitents get that amount. Blue Cross is beshatting themselves, because the prescription cost for 360 caps of 200 MG (a 90 day supply) is (their part) nearly $1,000. $35 co pay for me :) .

The other hassle is I have take blood pressure readings twice a day, because Celebrex may induce a heart attack in those dosages.

Surgery for the knee cap (which involves scraping off the rough part to make it smooth again) is $20K, $3,000 is my co-pay. That's why I haven't done it yet... saving up. This also sucks, because instead of performance mods for my SSR, I have to put aside money for my knee.

Rider90
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
and I'm sick. That s-u-c-k-s

I have the whole weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Could hardly finish the route today I was feeling so bad. Feels like the flu.

It could be a side effect from the huge doseage of Celebrex my doctor has me on. The degenerative arthritis under my knee cap has worsened to such a point that he has me taking 800 MG a day, 4 200 MG caps. He told me that that's the max doseage and usually only cancer paitents get that amount. Blue Cross is beshatting themselves, because the prescription cost for 360 caps of 200 MG (a 90 day supply) is (their part) nearly $1,000. $35 co pay for me :) .

The other hassle is I have take blood pressure readings twice a day, because Celebrex will induce a heart attack in those dosages.

Surgery for the knee cap (which involves scraping off the rough part to make it smooth again) is $20K, $3,000 is my co-pay. That's why I haven't done it yet... saving up. This also sucks, because instead of performance mods for my SSR, I have to put aside money for my knee.
Without that knee you got nothin for the go-pedal. Unless it's the left one...

MM2004
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Donny,

I hope you get well very soon, and please get that knee taken care of before your ticker gets angry with you.

Best,

Mike.

Donny Carlson
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
It's the flu. I cut back my Celebrex to zero the past two days, taking aspirin for the knee. I haven't been this sick since I was a kid with viral pneumonia.

Flu shots, people. Go get one.

BruteForce
02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
See thats what happens when you mingle with the "great unwashed." Occupational hazard I guess.

the_pack_rat
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Time for you to re-negotiate with "big yeller".

If you don't get your fair turn at being on top ..... you won't have any knees left(ribs too I would think).

Least that other thread about her shed some light on the REAL reason you traded in the MM. Riding shotgun in the MM was probably a bit tight for her(big yeller that is).

I'm sure she has a lot more elbow room in the rear bed of the SSR. Also a definite advantage for the SSR, should you ever get caught in the snow with it, traction should be much improved.

:P

martyo
02-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Advie of counsel: Take it easy and feel better!

shakes_26
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Donny tell us the truth, you were trying to carry big yeller across the threshold, weren't you? Remember always use a spotter!

Hotrauder
02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Donny tell us the truth, you were trying to carry big yeller across the threshold, weren't you? Remember always use a spotter!QUOTE"

"Man's gotta know his limitations":D Dennis:lol:

Marauder2005
02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Your knee is the BEST mod for your SSR. It pushes the gas down! :)

Good luck with that knee!