PDA

View Full Version : Rear Spoiler Question

shami02
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I am sure you all have addressed this somewhere before, but my search engine is broken <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">:) </v:shapetype> . I see MM's with a wing type of spoiler in various pictures... On a side note I would really love to get my hands on the LED packing beauty Zack built.. That puppy is awesome! Oh yea I got side tracked.... What I want to know is... Many of the MM's I see pictured on the site have the wing type of trunk spoiler... I have the lip type (I see some of these also in various pictures)... What is the deal with the differing spoilers? Options years, what? Help a newbie out guys??? :confused:

Big Boy Toy
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
The lip spoiler I believe is the OEM one and the top deck spoiler is an aftermarket add on. Both are really cool but I opted for the OEM.

glassman99
02-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Both serve no purpose other than to make the car more "sport". I put on the Ford spoiler just for that purpose....to differenciate my car from the "old man's" Mercury.

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Read THIS (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7763&highlight=AVALON) thread for all the info.
The links to the pics are dead, but I know what you speak of.;)

Quoted from a VERY OLD THREAD:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
I have had more requests for info than I can get to while my company runs me around the U.S.

I replied to many members already, and for posterity, who will search and find this thread, I will post my reply. Hopefully this helps. Rock-on!!

The spoiler I have is a ‘California Dream Wing’ model ‘1240-3L AVALON’ and I recommend obtaining it through the great folks at ‘Cover Up Inc.’ in Tonganoxie, Kansas. Craig Jackson, the owner and his daughter in law Ariel will be more than willing to help you out. The spoiler will come pre painted to match your MM color. BTW: They do all the spoiler installs for the Lincoln-Mercury dealerships in the area. 913-369-0077

I paid $256.87 for the spoiler, painted, and delivered to my door in mint condition. I spoke with Ariel, and she is aware I passed their name on to my friends at the MM.NET.

Good luck and Happy Motoring….tell ‘em Cruztaker sent you!

Barry

LINK TO PIC:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/7/HITCH001.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

STLR FN
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Mike,
Gotta ask, are you using the black in the color grid to post with? Reason I'm asking is that if you are it blacks out your posts for those of us that use the "black" forum screen instead of the default gray or the blue.

shami02
02-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Great info I appreciate it... I gotta say personally I have the factory lip unit but I would opt for the aftermarket wing unit I I were choosing... Perhaps I will at some point.

STLR FAN I am using whatever the default color for the fonts is... Black I would guess... Should I change.. If so what is a better option???

STLR FN
02-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Hmmmm don't know Mike. I'm using the standard color(which is black) on the "black" screen. When I'm typing it's black in a white "posting" box. But when I hit submit, it comes out "creamish". Don't know. It's just your first post is all black like nothings there. Now your last post shows up OK.

PDMarauder
02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
anywhere you can purchase the stock lip wing from, other than ford which probably wants like 5 beans for it?

MM03MOK
02-11-2006, 12:52 PM
anywhere you can purchase the stock lip wing from, other than ford which probably wants like 5 beans for it?TheDealer, a member & supporting vendor here, can get you a good price. PM him...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1210

Hotrauder
02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
anywhere you can purchase the stock lip wing from, other than ford which probably wants like 5 beans for it?

PM sent PDM. I have the OEM spoiler I just removed to install the ZACKSTER SUPER PIMP BLING 77 LED CUSTOM MODEL. It is DTR of course but repaintable. Anyone interested? Dennis.....DON'T ASK, There is not enough money or a big enough gun to get the ZACKSTER.:D Dennis

Hotrauder
02-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I am sure you all have addressed this somewhere before, but my search engine is broken <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">:) </v:shapetype>. I see MM's with a wing type of spoiler in various pictures... On a side note I would really love to get my hands on the LED packing beauty Zack built.. That puppy is awesome! Oh yea I got side tracked.... What I want to know is... Many of the MM's I see pictured on the site have the wing type of trunk spoiler... I have the lip type (I see some of these also in various pictures)... What is the deal with the differing spoilers? Options years, what? Help a newbie out guys??? :confused:

Shami, don't blame you but I will be watching you. :D You are right, this is a beauty. Dennis

CBT
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
PM sent PDM. I have the OEM spoiler I just removed to install the ZACKSTER SUPER PIMP BLING 77 LED CUSTOM MODEL. It is DTR of course but repaintable. Anyone interested? Dennis.....DON'T ASK, There is not enough money or a big enough gun to get the ZACKSTER.:D Dennis How much for the one you removed?

Hotrauder
02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
How much for the one you removed?

I will sell it for the Dealer Price less $100.00 plus freight. Dennis. I will confirm the $309 I believe the Dealer charged me for the Primed one I had him send to Zack for the magic work. Some of that price included freight to Zack I am sure. So, I suspect less than $200 for mine plus freight. :)

PJR
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I've got the bigger spoiler also. I purchased my Marauder used and it was already added. It gets a positive response, but I admit that I like the factory "lip".

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=1486&c=3

fastblackmerc
02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I will sell it for the Dealer Price less $100.00 plus freight. Dennis. I will confirm the $309 I believe the Dealer charged me for the Primed one I had him send to Zack for the magic work. Some of that price included freight to Zack I am sure. So, I suspect less than $200 for mine plus freight. :)
PM sent..................