PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Barrel Breakfast

hitchhiker
02-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Kudos to the ATL folks for their previous postings about the Cracker Barrel Breakfasts.

IMHO they have the best breakfasts on the road anywhere. The country gravy is as good as mom's. My mom does NOT view this site!

I'm definately a Cracker Barrel fan!

Regards,

David

DEFYANT
02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I'll second that! That is dam good brefas!

Hotrauder
02-11-2006, 01:24 PM
I'll second that! That is dam good brefas!

Charlie, We already know that you have to be the world's champine out to eat guy. Lisa already showed us what you get at home! LOL, man.:D Dennis

jefferson-mo
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Hitch which one did you go to?

travelling?

On our recent trip to Tucson we ate there................

got the "grampa's country fried brefas"

umm ummm good...............

Closest one to me is Yuma, AZ

hitchhiker
02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Hitch which one did you go to?

Springdale in NW Arkansas.

I'm here on a contract working at JB Hunt.

Regards,

Dave

:D

Cheeseheadbob
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I had dinner at a Cracker Barrel for the first time last night in Shrewsbury Pa. From the really bad country music piped into the bathroom to the number of dinner choices with dumplings and gravy, they really put the "cracker" in Cracker Barrel!

jefferson-mo
02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I had dinner at a Cracker Barrel for the first time last night in Shrewsbury Pa. From the really bad country music piped into the bathroom to the number of dinner choices with dumplings and gravy, they really put the "cracker" in Cracker Barrel!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TRP460
02-11-2006, 04:15 PM

Regards,

Dave

Cool! If you happen to meet JB's son-in-law Bill, tell him that "GS-20" in Little Rock said "Hello".......he'll know who you're talking about!

If you like that "home-cookin'" type of restaurant, you might want to check out the Dixie Cafe. There's two of them close to you in Fayetteville and Rogers respectively.

BTW, I don't think you'll hear any "bad country music piped in the bathrooms" but, you might hear some Ozark Mountain Bluegrass if you raise your window and listen real close! ;)

Bluerauder
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Closest one to me is Yuma, AZ
Hey, I've eaten at that one !! :D Stayed at the La Fuente down the hill.

RCSignals
02-11-2006, 04:43 PM

But David, that's a BIG Corporation :eek: :depress:

Don't they make Ketchup, er Catsup, or sommat?

RCSignals
02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
................ The country gravy is as good as mom's. My mom does NOT view this site!

Maybe Logan will send her an invitation now :)

n-cherok
02-11-2006, 09:01 PM
:pancake: mmmmmmm cracker barrel

glassman99
02-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Hmmmmm....Cracker Barrell and Atlanta. Isn't it about that time?

QWK SVT
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Cracker Barrel and IHOP - we don't have either up here, so they're both treats for me, when I head south... And then I always wonder how I gained so much weight, while on vacation :rolleyes: :D

Mike Poore
02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Cracker Barrel is metastasizing north of the Mason Dixon Line.

The first was at Chambersburg just North on I-81, and it's always standing room only.

Thing is, when they came across that line, they thought we'd gobble up all those left over grits they had down south, and served 'em up with every meal, wanted, or not.

Unfortunately, the answer mostly was, not; and they had to stop serving the nasty stuff, 'cause the septic systems in every town along the interstates were getting plugged up with the goo. :rofl:

Thankfully, they brought along a couple other Southern traditions

Good 'ol Country ham/sawmill gravy, and BUTTERMILK!

StevenJ
02-14-2006, 01:49 PM
The thing I love most about Cracker Barrel is not the food but the gift shops. They got the neatest car books from all the cars sold in every decade from the 40s to the 90s. They got a bunch of christmas ornaments and homemade specialties and cook books too.

hitchhiker
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Cracker Barrel is metastasizing north of the Mason Dixon Line.

The first was at Chambersburg just North on I-81, and it's always standing room only.

Thing is, when they came across that line, they thought we'd gobble up all those left over grits they had down south, and served 'em up with every meal, wanted, or not.

Unfortunately, the answer mostly was, not; and they had to stop serving the nasty stuff, 'cause the septic systems in every town along the interstates were getting plugged up with the goo. :rofl:

Thankfully, they brought along a couple other Southern traditions

I likes grits!

Paul T. Casey
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Best Cracker Barrel is in Marietta GA, especially on the third Saturday of the month.

Hotrauder
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM

OH, Oh. Here we go again. CB all over the country is the best for brefass but they suck for anything else uless you are into jelotinous (?) stuff on chicken and bisquits. IMO Dennis:cool: