PDA

View Full Version : Zacked again!

SergntMac
02-11-2006, 03:31 PM
My new chrome on silver birch badgeless grille from Zack.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=1463&c=3&userid=392

More pics in my gallery.

The man never sleeps...

merc6
02-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Nice! How much was it for chrome again?

MI2QWK4U
02-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Looks great Zack, you give a whole new meaning to "Grill Master"!

RCSignals
02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Looks very nice Mac.
I'm wondering if black mirror caps would look good.
I know there are chrome mirror caps too, but that wouldn't be a positive, although you never know.

sailsmen
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Looks sharp.

You own 2 MM?

bigslim
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
I always wondered what that would like on a silver car. Now I know. It's nice but not for me. I like the black badgeless grill like Rider90 has. Nice work though Zack. Nice winter wheel-tire combo you got there.

Hotrauder
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Zack just keeps on doing it. Nice Mac. Sure wish I knew how to get pics posted. Dennis:mad2: Wow...one thousand posts and still nothing

to say.

Rider90
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Looks great Mac, Job well done Zack!

SergntMac
02-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks, y'all.

Slim, my winter tire/wheel deal worked our nice. Standard Town Car wheels, 225/60-17 Michelin Pilots, 300 bucks.

The ride is good, but the traction control misbehaves over 50 MPH. The source was my local L/M dealer who has a back room full of new take offs from customers buying upgrades at the point of purchase. Y'all should look around your local dealerships too?

MikesMerc
02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Wow....that grill does look good indeed!:up:

Zack's work is definitely top notch.

Congrats to both of you.

MM03MOK
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
It looks great, Mac! ATTABOY ZACK!!

bigslim
02-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks, y'all.

Slim, my winter tire/wheel deal worked our nice. Standard Town Car wheels, 225/60-17 Michelin Pilots, 300 bucks.

The ride is good, but the traction control misbehaves over 50 MPH. The source was my local L/M dealer who has a back room full of new take offs from customers buying upgrades at the point of purchase. Y'all should look around your local dealerships too?
Did you offset the tire size difference? Are you still running bigger tires in the back?

hitchhiker
02-11-2006, 07:35 PM

More pics in my gallery.

The man never sleeps...

Looks great!

Do you think he can do chrome on black too?

Regards,

David

ckadiddle
02-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Looks Nice!

MM03MOK
02-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks great!

Do you think he can do chrome on black too?

Regards,

David
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/1039new-grill.jpg

Petrograde
02-11-2006, 08:18 PM
lookin' good! :up: The chrome really looks good against the SB

Hack Goby
02-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Mac,Looks really nice but the problem I see is now the darkend headlites need to be changed.With silver birch and the blacked out head lites you had the raccoon look that's why Mercury went with the black grille but now that the chrome has been added I think that regular Grand Marquis headlites would look better.Just my 2cents

merc6
02-11-2006, 09:04 PM
There are GMQ owners who did the swap to our lights if thats you fancy...Think you already know where to find them online. That black with chrome is making me want that grille more than ever! Mind is telling me yes wallet telling me no :(

bigslim
02-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Mac,Looks really nice but the problem I see is now the darkend headlites need to be changed.With silver birch and the blacked out head lites you had the raccoon look that's why Mercury went with the black grille but now that the chrome has been added I think that regular Grand Marquis headlites would look better.Just my 2cents
I think you the nail on the head. I couldn't quite figure it out.

SergntMac
02-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Racoons, eh? LOL...Nah...I don't see that. But, I am glad to see the pimple gone. Never liked the front badging. L/M could not have done worse if they added a hood ornament.

TooManyFords
02-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Cruzer, don't pay Mac no nevermind! LOL!

:D

John

Zack
02-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Another project is brewing, the one everyone has been wanting forever.
It will debut in Kentucky.

STLR FN
02-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Did you offset the tire size difference? Are you still running bigger tires in the back?

Slim I think Mac is running the same size on all four corners.

TooManyFords
02-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Another project is brewing, the one everyone has been wanting forever.
It will debut in Kentucky.

But I won't be ready to show it off till Sebring!

LOL!

John

RCSignals
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Racoons, eh? LOL...Nah...I don't see that. But, I am glad to see the pimple gone. Never liked the front badging. L/M could not have done worse if they added a hood ornament.

Oh, a Gods head hood ornament.....

Stylish like a '42 Merc, or maybe something just above the grille like a 46-48 Mercury 114X...... ;)

michael ward
02-13-2006, 12:04 AM

More pics in my gallery.

The man never sleeps... hey mac how are you.. i'm way behind here i did not know you bought a silver birch it looks great with chrome badgeless so you are a 2 mmer now? you lucky dog!! i need to look in to some winter shoes for next year i might be driving mine:burnout: is your silver birch from north riverside store? good luck with all.. tell zack i said hello and great work I'll see you guys for some chicken soon take care...

SergntMac
02-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Hey Mike! I'm doing fine. You just missed another Chicken Run yesterday, but don't worry. Going to be another one soon.

Yep, bought a used silver birch from Rizza back in December, going to keep it simple and a daily driver.

Any plans to join us in "Looseville" 24, 25 and 26 March?

Svashtar
02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
It really looks great Mac! I have one on my black mm, and it looks super. The car is all black and silver with the grill and matching SS inserts in the back, and Marty's fender badges on the side.

I just couldn't decide between the chome and the standard black badgeless as the plain black looks so cool, so finally went with the one that was a bit more unique. Zack did a great job and was fast and easy to work with and gave lots of communication, so I would recommend this to anyone. I believe he said he does them 3 at a time in order to get the paint work coordinated, but that's a nit. I saw this grill with a badge on the high trim line Grand Marquis, so I think Zack gets them from there and tears them down.

My biggest fear now is shopping carts and some idiot backing into me! Wish I had the bread to have a daily driver and a weekend MM like some of our higher-end members! :D

Norm

Zack
02-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I saw this grill with a badge on the high trim line Grand Marquis, so I think Zack gets them from there and tears them down.
Norm

Please elaborate Norm. I can save everyone a great deal of money if this is a grill offered by L/M.
Thanks in advance

Zack
03-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Mac swapped out the Silver Birch/Chrome for the traditional Silver/Flat Black badgeless grill.
I am offering this grill for sale. It is in perfect condition. If it does not sell, I am adding 400+ BLACK SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS to spice things up.
You can but it now for $375 shipped.
Thanks

Eric91Z
03-01-2006, 07:14 AM

More pics in my gallery.

The man never sleeps...

Not sure if it is just me or what the deal is. I click on the link above and it takes me to a page that says I do not have access to the page. Then I go to the Photos, Member Photos, and Mac's pictures and the last thing I see in there is the Avatar pictures for early February. None of the recent grill pics.

Any thoughts? Already tried to logout of the site and back in and also delete temp files and cookies and still nothing.

Zack
03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/SBChrome.jpg