PDA

View Full Version : Marauder is Work Horse

sailsmen
02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Since Katrina hit my Marauder was my workhorse.

Driving over 15K miles,commuting from Lafayette to Baton Rouge 6 days a week 70 miles each way. Trips to NO, Pensacola, Morgan City, Houma, St. James, Schriever, Covington, Lafayette and Cutt Off.

She never let me down. I frequently slept in her at pilot truck stops where I could take a shower for $9.

We ususally got waived thru the police barracades. Traffic tends to pull over, maybe it's my "NO FEAR" red license plate on the front bumper? She was a topic of conversation at gas stations, restaurants and a good distraction. She is used as a mobile office with laptop and printer.

I also raced her at Gainsville and Atlanta.

I don't know of many cars that can run in the low 12's, haul 5 adults, be a mobile office and have a trunk full of 200lbs in emergency gear. The only competition cost over $100K.

I have seen a lot of comments on this board about some defects. My car has only had window button, a/c clutch, idler pully, radio and air bag connector in 63K miles. Although not perfect an acceptable record in lite of 150+ runs down the 1,320'!

I cannot think of another car that fits the bill for under 100K."

ps I forgot to add Radio and Climate Control Head.

Hotrauder
02-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Billy, Well said. I hope you are holding up as well as the MM, my friend. Dennis:beer:

jimlam56
02-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Since Katrina hit my Marauder was my workhorse.

Driving over 15K miles,commuting from Lafayette to Baton Rouge 6 days a week 70 miles each way. Trips to NO, Pensacola, Morgan City, Houma, St. James, Schriever, Covington, Lafayette and Cutt Off.

She never let me down. I frequently slept in her at pilot truck stops where I could take a shower for $9.

We ususally got waived thru the police barracades. Traffic tends to pull over, maybe it's my "NO FEAR" red license plate on the front bumper? She was a topic of conversation at gas stations, restaurants and a good distraction. She is used as a mobile office with laptop and printer.

I also raced her at Gainsville and Atlanta.

I don't know of many cars that can run in the low 12's, haul 5 adults, be a mobile office and have a trunk full of 200lbs in emergency gear. The only competition cost over $100K.

I have seen a lot of comments on this board about some defects. My car has only had window button, a/c clutch, idler pully, radio and air bag connector in 63K miles. Although not perfect an acceptable record in lite of 150+ runs down the 1,320'!

I cannot think of another car that fits the bill for under 100K.
Exactly why I'm buying another one!:D

Smokie
02-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Billy is great to hear from you, hope you and family are doing well. You think you can drag that old workhorse down to South Florida next Sunday???:D

gpfarrell
02-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Well put.

In reality, most performance cars demand more of you than they deliver to you.

I think your boosted Marauder is faster & easier to sleep in than a V8 M5, and leaves plenty of $9 bills for showering.

mattgw86
02-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey sailsmen, what part of New Orleans are you from. I'm currently at LaTech in Ruston, but I'm from Belle Chasse. Know what you mean about the driving. Except my car cost me 2 tires, a belt and a new tensioner right after the storm. Plus I got in an accident right after leaving to go to school. Cant wait to dump the Malibu for a Marauder.