PDA

View Full Version : Ordered The Baer Brakes

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Well after looking into the brake issue with some research as well as the positive comments here, I decided and ordered Baer brakes for my Marauder yesterday. Complete w/ GT+ calibers w/14" rotors XD/S/Zinc washed for the front and standard rear rotors the same way. $1300. Will take 8-10 weeks before they arrive. Have them on my Mustang and love them. Everyone is saying the same thing that have them on their Marauders. Thanks guys for all your input.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

blackf0rk
02-14-2006, 09:01 AM
You did see the thread Jerry (From Trilogy) posted yesterday right? He's now selling Baer Brakes (among other things) and will beat any price, period. If it's not too late, you might want to check into that and save yourself some dough.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 09:04 AM
You did see the thread Jerry (From Trilogy) posted yesterday right? He's now selling Baer Brakes (among other things) and will beat any price, period. If it's not too late, you might want to check into that and save yourself some dough.

No I did not know that. I think it is too late as I gave the man my credit card number and I believed he processed it. I will check though. Thanks.

Hotrauder
02-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Tom, I can't wait to see those puppies. I need bigger brakes and wider wheels and bigger tires. I guess the brakes should be first but my rear tires seem to be losing tread at the fast rate lately. :D Dennis PS. That seems to be a very good price from what I have read.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Tom, I can't wait to see those puppies. I need bigger brakes and wider wheels and bigger tires. I guess the brakes should be first but my rear tires seem to be losing tread at the fast rate lately. :D Dennis PS. That seems to be a very good price from what I have read.

Well Dennis, you know how it goes. There is ALWAYS something we need for our baby.:P

blackf0rk
02-14-2006, 09:44 AM
I think it is too late as I gave the man my credit card number and I believed he processed it.

You could always ask if you could cancel. Not sure about the relationship that you have with the seller; might not be too ethical, but when it's that amount - who cares. ;) j/k

Oh well, just though I'd post just in case. Have fun with the monster brakes! Oh, and pictures are required... :)

Rider90
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
$1300 front and rear?

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 09:47 AM
$1300 front and rear?

Yes, (actual price #1345.)but the rear are only the rotors which are cross drilled, slotted and zinc washed to match the front.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
You could always ask if you could cancel. Not sure about the relationship that you have with the seller; might not be too ethical, but when it's that amount - who cares. ;) j/k

Oh well, just though I'd post just in case. Have fun with the monster brakes! Oh, and pictures are required... :)

The credit was processed. And yes, I'll get some pictures posted once the long wait for them is over and they are on the car. Can't wait.

SergntMac
02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Here's a link to maximum stopping power with stock components. Great rotors with a fine reputation, and maximum pads producing low dust. You use your own stock calipers, which are more than adequate, two pot in front, single pot in the rear.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24337

Piston power-wise, equal with the Baers, 'cause you're still using two in front, one in back. For 700 bucks, you can't ask for a better deal, or, better stopping power, and the stainless steel braided lines are included. Overall, you get a much better "bang for the buck" deal on a brake upgrade from EBS.

Remember that I have the Baer brakes on my Marauder. In fact, I'm the first ever to have them, they come as part of the Kenny Brown Marauder S treatment. They are good, but expensive. They "baerly" (hehe) fit inside the OEM wheel, and if you're considering a option for the OEM wheel, the Baer kit is a deal "brake-er" (hehe) on wheel fitment. The best fit is the stock calipers with pad, rotor, and line upgrades.

BTW, I'm about to head out soon, and guess where I'm going on my day off? Over to meet Zack and pick up his Baer rotors, and take them in for turning. They warped...Again. John H. Russo has been through two sets of rotors too. Ask others how many times they have had their Baer rotors warp on them, there's quite a few including me.

Baers are good brakes, but when I consider the cost of the initial kit, and the issues that follow, I cannot recommend them to another Marauder owner. EBS has the stuff good brakes are made of, without the issues.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

Rider90
02-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, but the rear are only the rotors which are cross drilled, slotted and zinc washed.
No calipers? I have not been able to find a price on the internet anywhere. Any info would be appreciated, thank you..

Marauderman
02-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Good Choice Tom--I have them as well all around and they have been great so far--no problems--Mine are 'RED"--Are you getting a "Color"?.......Tom

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Good Choice Tom--I have them as well all around and they have been great so far--no problems--Mine are 'RED"--Are you getting a "Color"?.......Tom

I believe I ordered the silver with red Baer Claw lettering. Thanks for reminding me. Need to check with my guy.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's a link to maximum stopping power with stock components. Great rotors with a fine reputation, and maximum pads producing low dust. You use your own stock calipers, which are more than adequate, two pot in front, single pot in the rear.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24337

Piston power-wise, equal with the Baers, 'cause you're still using two in front, one in back. For 700 bucks, you can't ask for a better deal, or, better stopping power, and the stainless steel braided lines are included. Overall, you get a much better "bang for the buck" deal on a brake upgrade from EBS.

Remember that I have the Baer brakes on my Marauder. In fact, I'm the first ever to have them, they come as part of the Kenny Brown Marauder S treatment. They are good, but expensive. They "baerly" (hehe) fit inside the OEM wheel, and if you're considering a option for the OEM wheel, the Baer kit is a deal "brake-er" (hehe) on wheel fitment. The best fit is the stock calipers with pad, rotor, and line upgrades.

BTW, I'm about to head out soon, and guess where I'm going on my day off? Over to meet Zack and pick up his Baer rotors, and take them in for turning. They warped...Again. John H. Russo has been through two sets of rotors too. Ask others how many times they have had their Baer rotors warp on them, there's quite a few including me.

Baers are good brakes, but when I consider the cost of the initial kit, and the issues that follow, I cannot recommend them to another Marauder owner. EBS has the stuff good brakes are made of, without the issues.

Thanks Mac for your input. I have had the Baers on my Supercharged Mustang GT for 4 years and have great luck with them. No problems warping or anything else. I love the look, even though they are expensive. Maybe it has to do with being in the warmer weather here in Florida with mimimal temperature changes (other than the past two days, brrrrr). Back to normal tomorrow with the warm weather. Anyway thanks for the heads-up.

Marauderman
02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I believe I ordered the silver with red Baer Claw lettering. Thanks for reminding me. Need to check with my guy.
MIne are RED with the Silver lettering.........

Zack
02-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Baer Brakes Suck. I would never buy them again. I mean it.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
MIne are RED with the Silver lettering.........

I just e-mailed my guy and are getting the same as you. Think they will look good on a silver car. Will have to get the rear calibers painted to match though.

MarauderTJA
02-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Baer Brakes Suck. I would never buy them again. I mean it.

As I said on a early post, I have had excellent luck with them on my Mustang. Hopefully things wont change.:rolleyes: