PDA

View Full Version : Barb & Mike, Grandparents, it's official

MM03MOK
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Posting this for Mike. I'll let him fill in the details..... :congrats: to the whole family, Mike & Barb!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/4/8/MIkePoore.jpg

Mike Poore
02-15-2006, 12:51 PM
As some of you know, we were out to Ohio, once again to see the “kids”; but this was a very special occasion. John married an Ohio girl, then took a job with a printing company in Greenfield, OH, when his plant shut down, here.

Megan has a son, soon to turn 10, next month, and they decided to go through the adoption process, with both the natural father and child (Trace) blessing. The story’s much the same as Dan & Coli posted, almost word for word

We went with Barb’s mom, now, Trace’s great grandmother, and were able to attend the proceedings. It was a joyous family event and very uplifting to say the least. Trace is a very special child, and we’re so proud of our son, John for adopting that wonderful little boy.

Needless to say the proceedings went without a hitch, and Trace had the whole courthouse staff, including the Judge, completely charmed. His Honor commented that most of his juvenile cases are sadly, much more difficult, and he was thrilled to start out his week under such happy circumstances.

Here's the photo:Great grandma Thalma, Grandson John, Great grandson Trace, Mom, Megan, Grandma Barbara, and, of course, Grandpa.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/4/8/MIkePoore.jpg

Bluerauder
02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Trace is a very special child, and we’re so proud of our son, John for adopting that wonderful little boy.
Congratulations to the new father and to Mike and Barb. I am glad that you beat me to grandfatherhood. I was starting to worry that I might beat you there !!! ;)

:congrats:

Are we gonna be seeing the G.S.O.M.P. at the CAM meets !! :D

Note: G.S.O.M.P. = Grandson of Mike Poore

GordonB
02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Mike,
Congratulations! Very nice!
GordonB

Hotrauder
02-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Congrats Mike and good for your Son. I love stories like this. Dennis:)

Rider90
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Congradulations Mike!

merc
07-02-2008, 05:29 AM
We need to take a field trip to see you Mike. It's been too long. Glad to see everyone with a smile.

SC Cheesehead
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey Mike, congratulations, and great story, I love happy endings (or in this case, beginnings).

SCCH

ImpalaSlayer
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
you guys realize this is 2 years old? :confused:

TiTo35
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow how cool...Congrats!

Mike Poore
07-02-2008, 05:17 PM
You know what's really cool about dredging up that old post? The kids are here from Ohio and they've brought my new 7 month old grandson along. He's Aiden Benjamin Poore. They had quite a circle tour, getting here, by way of the Hall of Fame at Canton, then a couple of Days at Hershey.

We eat Chesapeake Bay Blue Hardshell Crabs tomorrow night, and go bait eating at the Sushi Joint at Hagerstown where we spent a great evening with the gang from Merc's doo at Mason Dixon.

The irony of this is that it was Merc who found this old thread.