PDA

View Full Version : First song you heard in your Marauder

ncmm
02-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Anyone remember the first song you heard played in your Marauder?
Mine was "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith when I was pulling out of the dealership. :burnout:

TooManyFords
02-17-2006, 06:14 PM
All of these memory quizzes today.. I can't remember what I had for dinner Wednesday!

Lol!

TRP460
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Mine was "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith when I was pulling out of the dealership. :burnout:

Oh yes.......Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55"!!:burnout:

Bluerauder
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Ya know .... I don't even recall turning on the radio on way home from the dealer. Guess I was just admiring the car too much. :rolleyes:

First song that I can recall in the Marauder was "How Do You Like Me Now" by Toby Keith. :D

dwasson
02-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I had a home made Delbert McClinton compilation CD. I think the first song on it was "Same Kind Of Crazy".

TRP460
02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Ya know .... I don't even recall turning on the radio on way home from the dealer. Guess I was just admiring the car too much. :rolleyes:

First song that I can recall in the Marauder was "How Do You Like Me Now" by Toby Keith. :D

Actually, it was several days before I turned my radio on or used the CD player.....too busy enjoying the exhaust note! To this day, I've never even tried the cassette player.....sure hope it works!

RedMerc04
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM

Thats a good one! Mine was Whiskey Girl by Toby.:D

glassman99
02-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Mine was Loggins and Messina....no that was the Opel

sweetair
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
That is what I remember most. A grin. I remember going directly to the gas station and filling it up, on the dealers house account of course. Listening to those 8 cylinders and 32 valves do their thing was the song I remember most. :banana:

MM03MOK
02-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Mine was "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith when I was pulling out of the dealership. :burnout:Should have asked me 42 months ago! ;)

Dr Caleb
02-17-2006, 07:28 PM
"Heavy Metal, Taking a ride" by Don Felder, from the Heavy Metal soundtrack.

It's always the first song I play in new cars.

Ask me the second song. :dunno:

Tallboy
02-17-2006, 07:31 PM

I thought I was the only one who even knew who Don Felder was.

I do the exact same thing! Every car, every time!:beer:

I, however, follow up with "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".;)

[Kinda like my version of Holy Water...]

MaLo03
02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
To this day, I've never even tried the cassette player.....sure hope it works!
We have a cassette player in the MM?
I pressed the scan button and left it on the first station. They were playing "Another one bites the dust" By Queen.

JMan
02-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Okay, paint me stupid. What, praytell, is the second song?

My guess - Highway Star , Deep Purple.

J

SMOKE
02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Saturday Love Feat. Alexander O'Neal.....

Seriously??!!....was winding my way up the Cross Island back on my way home to CT from West Babylon, NY.....definitely fit in the sound 'o the car click...didn't bring any ceremonial CD or anything with me so I was hittin' SEEK for a while (had to distract from the car and calm down with anything...gotta pay attention on the Cross Island...it's the autobahn at 65 MPH except for the good old fashioned twists and turns not suited to modern highway design...thank you Rockefeller...yet another ancestral highway tributed to the golden age I guess...)

Vortech347
02-18-2006, 12:37 AM
AC/DC Hells bells. Thats when I realized the first mod up was some *****en Infinities. :)

ncmm
02-18-2006, 05:19 AM

and the second song???

was it Never Surrender???

yep, I know Don Felder too. . .that makes three of us :eek:

Paul T. Casey
02-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't remember what was on the radio. The highway entrance ramp was about a mile from the dealer. Once I heard the sweet liting tones of all those cam chains singing, I shut the radio off. Still love that sound, and have added some bass with the Kooks now. Still my favorite tune.

Dr Caleb
02-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I thought I was the only one who even knew who Don Felder was.
I do the exact same thing! Every car, every time!:beer:

What odds we'd have the same new car ritual? :beer:

and the second song???
was it Never Surrender???
yep, I know Don Felder too. . .that makes three of us :eek:

Yep, Don Felder, the 'Eagle' no one talks about :)

Okay, paint me stupid. What, praytell, is the second song?
My guess - Highway Star , Deep Purple.
J

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya what the second song was. :dunno: I just popped in the CD, basking in the glory of my new MM. By the time the seond song came on, I was on the freeway eating Hondas. Odds are it was off the same soundtrack. as Tallboy said, it might have been 'Veteran of the Psychic Wars', or 'Working in a Coal mine' by Devo. I usually skip 'Journey' Breaks the mood.

RoyLPita
02-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Mine was on a homemade CD that a fellow member gave me. The 1st track was "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by the Drowning Pool.

Hack Goby
02-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Mine was a Junior Brown CD,The song?"Your wanted by the police and my wife thinks your dead":pimp:

Motorhead350
02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Mine was Blitizkrieg Bop by The Ramones. "Hey Ho Lets Go!" :burnout: That was when I was crazy about them and then I listened to them so much I kinda got burned out. Now it's mostly oldies, but the occasional Black Flag or Suicidal Tendencies will be blasting.

03MERCMARAUDER
02-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Boston, I had a really good time

Took the CD with me when I picked it up.

Joe

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I'am with Paul. I also shut the radio off on the way home to listen to the tone of the exhaust.

merc6
02-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Underground texas group called hooligans. song was texas iirc cause I was tring to test out the sub seing the radio was defective.