PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Bike/Car Chase

QWK SVT
02-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Story: A motorcylce chases a BMW through (sometimes crowded) public streets, weaving in and out of traffic, reaching ridiclous speeds. BTW, this is real... :eek:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-781163969053975339

Just be glad the knuckle heads are doing this on the other side of the Atlantic...

Apparently, Ghostrider has a series of DVD's... I'm downloading one, right now.

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro driver or not...that Z3-M has some serious handling capabilities.

I saw the bike top 250 kph, how fast is that?

I love the bike jump on hard shifts. :eek:

Rob1559
02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Looks like a Gixxer. The bike was just playing with that M3 Coupe. Even a Gixxer 600 will make that BMW look like a rock. 250 Kph is about 155 mph.

ncmm
02-19-2006, 06:32 PM
What? Is there no law enforcement in that town? Now I know why they
don't keep the streets in the US in good condition. Thanks for sharing!

sweetair
02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
That is absolutely insane. They were really "going" at it. Both are very good drivers. Wow......

TripleTransAm
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
What? Is there no law enforcement in that town?

This is the second or third Stockholm-based speed-freak movie I've seen, you would think that the Police were in on the whole thing (I understand they were embarrassed by one of the previous movies and how they were unaware of the filming). I recognized a lot of the locations and I noticed a bit of 'recycling', so perhaps they chose a moment and area where they knew the police would be occupied elsewhere?

Swedish police isn't very tolerant of dangerous highway infractions: the legal limit for blood alcohol is (or was) 0.00 percent, and apparently it's easy to get your license revoked for dangerous speeds on public highways. However, with plenty of backroads across the countryside, there are ample opportunities for speed freaks to let loose.

The roads in Sweden range from fairly nice to bordering on heavenly. The upkeep is excellent and they are well-engineered from the beginning. The surface is a little rougher than what we have here in North America, the surface is a little coarser. Makes for a different kind of road noise, but because it's free of potholes, it's a much more pleasant ride overall. You'll notice this kind of surface in the videos as being a little on the red side.

I'll briefly be in Stockholm once again in late April, and will follow it with a 4 hour bus ride southward to a nice little town on the coast. The only thing nicer would have been to bring along a Trans Am with me...

I have a photo I took in late 1994 of the speedometer on my rental Opel Vectra 2.0 showing 170+ kph (which works out to a little over 100 mph) on my way north of Stockholm to Arlanda airport. My coworkers informed me that had I been stopped, it would have netted me a trip to the slammer and a torn-up driver's license!

AzMarauder
02-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro driver or not...that Z3-M has some serious handling capabilities.

I saw the bike top 250 kph, how fast is that?

I love the bike jump on hard shifts. :eek:

Barry,

Roughly 62 mph for each 100 kph.

So 250 kph is about 157 mph.

I guess this is obviously an underground thrill group? Both participants obviously can drive.... but they sure are taking huge risks for the public.

marauderboi
02-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Gohst rider has been around for a while I have one of his dvds of him hitting 300kph