PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing Hit and Run......Not Exactly

94_302
02-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Only thing is the media has gotten it wrong. http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=146540 If everything he is saying is true he is in for some rough times. Here is the MSNBC article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11464762/) on it.

Rider90
02-20-2006, 09:55 PM
First time I've seen this kind of view, from the media, and from the internet poster himself. Interesting.

marauder307
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Oooh, fellas...walk away from this one. Quick.

What we have here is the press on one side---who, as we all know, are the absolute pillars of wisdom and truth:rolleyes: ---and a disgruntled Sentra/ricer owner and college student on the other---who probably ain't givin' us any more of the whole story than the press is.

This isn't one that any of us should want to dig into. Leave it alone guys.:eek: :eek:

94_302
02-21-2006, 09:25 AM
It's true that the sentra owner could be leaving out details. But one thing that is fact is that his car had no damage and the media are labeling him a hit and run driver. As if he was the one who hit the lady. Either way hopefully it all works out where the guilty parties pay and the innocent are not punished.

SergntMac
02-21-2006, 10:33 AM
The link to the citizen's view of this event is dead now, someone wised up. But, I can imagine what was said.

IMHO, if you were there and street racing, you're just as responsible as the striking vehicle.

94_302
02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
The link to the citizen's view of this event is dead now, someone wised up. But, I can imagine what was said.

IMHO, if you were there and street racing, you're just as responsible as the striking vehicle.

Agreed, youa re still responsible if you take part in it. The basics of the sentra owners post where that he had been out and saw a mustang in his rear view. Then he heard a pop and saw it slide across a few lanes of traffic then up onto a curb. He stopped to see if he could help a bunch of other people stopped as well. Then when the police showed up he left. Later they showed up at his house took him down to the station and started questioning him. During this process was when he first became aware that a pedestrian was struck and they are saying there are witnesses that saw them racing. He claims he only races on the track and is firmly against street racing.