PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Regional Marauder Club forming!!!

03 Merc
09-12-2002, 05:35 PM
Some of us in the metro Atlanta area are getting together this Saturday morning to discuss forming a local / regional Marauder club. If you are interested in joining a SouthEast Regional club please use this thread or the board private message function to e-mail me your contact information.

This proposed club is in the purely exploratory / formative mode right now so get in early!! We want to form a club all of us can enjoy wheter it is for modding and racing or showing and cruising.

I will post more information as to where (Most likely the Cracker Barrel at I-75 and Delk Road) and the exact time tommorow. Even if you cannot make this meeting please let us know of your interest.

Thanks,

JerseyVics
09-12-2002, 11:37 PM
I support any club ideas for the Panther Platforms, so when I finaly get www.jerseyvics.com running again I'll be sure to post about you guys, just get the ball rolling.

--Russ:)

BISHOPSS95
09-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey Wayne if you need any help (documentation, By Laws, etc) GASSIT would be glad to lend a hand.

I have talked to World L/M and Courtesy L/M about sponcership reguarding www.sshs2.com hopefully one of them will come on board. I have also indicated that a club would be forming in Atlanta around the Marauder. Courtesy found it very interesting. You may want to call on them for a little L/M blessing and a parts discount.

We at GASSIT salute you and yours.

Jim (Georgia Super Sport Impala Team) Bishop

:cool:

TAF
09-13-2002, 10:47 AM
I had been working with Courtesy (after my L/M dealership shut down the week I took delivery, Frank Jackson). Nice guys, but the Service Manager that I was working with recently left.

My NEW preferred dealer is Team Ford of Marietta. That is THE performance dealership for Ford Vehicles, Blue Oval Certified and a VERY knowledgable and willingness to help GM, Service Mgr., Techs, etc.

Thanks to dennis Reinhardt for the led on these guys!

Hope we will discuss this at our first meeting tomorrow.

03 Merc
09-13-2002, 03:41 PM
All,

The first meeting will be tomorrow at the Cracker Barrel located at I-75 and Delk Road at Eight AM. Nothing like a Cracker Barrel breakfast if you gotta get up that darn early!!

Jim,

I appreciate your offer and look forward to seeing you guys again. I'll keep after Pugmire LM to be a sponsor of SSH2 as well..

BTW After hearing how you guys all "crashed" another groups meeting last month I ask that if you beat us to the Cracker Barrel block off some good spots..:D :D I be old and slow but I do listen for good intel...;)

03 Merc
09-16-2002, 10:57 AM
All,

While lingering over a hearty Cracker Barrel breakfast Todd, Bill and myself discussed forming a Atlanta / SouthEastern group. We are reviewing joining and using SVTOA, a Ford group already established at a local Ford Motorsports dealer, and pursuing local LM dealers to support a group. In the near future until we can guage more interest from the Marauder community we will continue to meet, informally, and review our options.

If you are interested please join this thread or board mail either toddalanfisher or myself...

Prior to leaving we all went for a spin in Todd's Marauder to test his 4.10's.....WOW what a difference some gears can make on this car...and I have birthday in two weeks..time to change that list..:D

MAD-3R
09-18-2002, 11:59 AM
Well, I'm running with the local Mustang Club up here, and they have made me feel VERY welcome. Not enough Marauders in the area to for our own group up here.

03 Merc
09-18-2002, 12:16 PM
The upside is I have never passed myself on the road... Until last Saturday, when I met Bill and Todd, I hadn't seen another Marauder on the street... The downside is trying to get something going...

Logan
09-18-2002, 12:17 PM
With the production numbers that Mercury is touting, there will soon be more marauders on the street than you can shake a finger at.

MAD-3R
09-18-2002, 12:25 PM
18,000 is what I've read.

JamesHecker
09-18-2002, 10:57 PM
18000 may be the production number...but with the number of them lingering in the dealer's showrooms I wonder how many I'll ever see in my area!

03 Merc
09-19-2002, 05:08 AM
If Ford keeps slowing down the line due to the overstockage of Crown Vics and Grand Marquis I doubt we will see that number...even with an extended run due to early introduction.. The dealership where I purchased mine told me for every Marauder they order they have to accept 5 Grand Marquis... The bad news they can't give away the left over 02 Grand Marquis here in this market...much less sell an 03 to the average Grand Marquis buyer, who could care less about the improvements, when the 02's are rebated / special financed

This same dealer is selling new Lincoln Blackwoods at $39K...(plus Rebates / Financing) That is a loss on every sale and they must have 30 of them between their two lots... Given challenges like this I doubt they, or many other dealers, are going to accept the 5 to 1 ratio to get Marauders that aren't selling that well either...

If Mercury was advertising them it might help a little... and no I don't consider an ocassional add on The Neanderthal Network (TNN) or Speed Vision serious advertising...I mean mainstream networks like Cadillac is doing....