PDA

View Full Version : A little help recording..

blackf0rk
02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I've never really had this problem before on any computers, but on my brand new dell it doesn't seem to record very well. I plug in my mic, or any recording device in the mic jack and it records everything SUPER quiet.
I've got all mic settings cranked all the way up - in every place I could find and still it's way too low. There's got to be something missing to this puzzle...can anyone offer suggestions? :bigcry:

MMM2003
02-22-2006, 05:29 PM
I've never really had this problem before on any computers, but on my brand new dell it doesn't seem to record very well. I plug in my mic, or any recording device in the mic jack and it records everything SUPER quiet.
I've got all mic settings cranked all the way up - in every place I could find and still it's way too low. There's got to be something missing to this puzzle...can anyone offer suggestions? :bigcry:

Have you tried playback on a different PC? Maybe it's your speakers, and not the recording? Do you want to try Microsoft IM to see if it's only local, but comes thru on someone elses PC?
MIM alias: peter@dettmer.net

Good luck!

Peter

blackf0rk
02-22-2006, 05:57 PM
It's not my speakers. I produce music and have a studio setup here - I'd know if it was my speakers ;)

1stMerc
02-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Is your wave and midi volume turned up?

Rider90
02-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Did you check to see if you were whispering?

Ok, I couldn't resist. Good luck.

Dan
02-22-2006, 08:24 PM
I have found this to be the answer to most all of these types of pain in the neck computer problems....Link :) (http://www.apple.com)