PDA

View Full Version : Getting to a human when calling customer service

vpalhories
02-23-2006, 06:11 AM
All,

I came accross this web site of secret phone numbers and codes to get to a human when calling a company for customer service. Enjoy.

http://www.gethuman.com/us/

MM03MOK
02-23-2006, 06:30 AM
You may end up waiting longer. The idea of the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system is to direct your call to the appropriate queue. An agent can't transfer your call right to another agent....it goes back into the queue so you end up at the end of the line again. "Say nothing" is set up for rotary dial customers since they can't follow the prompts. Many IVRs have self-help functions now, such as balance inquiry - you need to follow the prompts.

vpalhories
02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
You may end up waiting longer. The idea of the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system is to direct your call to the appropriate queue. An agent can't transfer your call right to another agent....it goes back into the queue so you end up at the end of the line again. "Say nothing" is set up for rotary dial customers since they can't follow the prompts. Many IVRs have self-help functions now, such as balance inquiry - you need to follow the prompts.

I can't count the times that I've dialed numbers and gone into the prompt maze, pressed 0 and got to talk to someone. I personally find it annoying to press say 2 then 1 then 3 then 3 again and finally 4 to talk to someone. I'd rather press 0 and ask for the department.

This site was featured on our local news here in Kansas City. The person they were interviewing tried one of the options for a health company and got to talk with someone almost immediately as opposed to having to wait for 15-20 minutes or so like she used to. She talks with the same health insurance company once a month as her son is very ill. She would spend 15 to 20 minutes consistently.

At any rate, admittedly it might not work all of the time, but it's worth a shot.

SergntMac
02-23-2006, 05:00 PM
The last time I had to call ComCast about my cable service, I got a human.

I made her dial 999 to verify she was a human...

Hotrauder
02-23-2006, 07:45 PM
The last time I had to call ComCast about my cable service, I got a human.

I made her dial 999 to verify she was a human...

Mac, you are the best. :rofl: Dennis