PDA

View Full Version : Alignment ????'s

sweetair
02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I was looking @ carfixers specs, and wrote them down. My question is...should this only be applied when using OEM tires? Can this be used when the tires are Notto 555 extreme perf. 255/45/18x8 of front, and Nitto 555 extreme perf 295/45/18x9.5 on the rear and get the same results?? Any ideas??

Rider90
02-23-2006, 09:06 PM
sweetair,

As long as you aren't using square tires they should work out fine, anyone want to back me up on this?

sweetair
02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
sweetair,

As long as you aren't using square tires they should work out fine, anyone want to back me up on this?I hadn't thought of that!!! You know what I'm getting at. Does the toe in, camber, etc change for a different sized tire?? Square tires. LOL

Warpath
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
In short, maybe. Different type tires especially different size tires will handle differently. So, they may require different alignment settings. For example, the tire sizes you listed will increase understeer. So, you may want to add negative camber in front to compensate for it. However, more negative camber will wear the insides of the front tires quicker. So, then what? But, you have to start somewhere. I suggest either the OE specs or carfixers specs as a starting point and see if you like it.

magindat
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
check my sig, and I'm using carfixer's specs.

Jason, consider yourself backed up.