PDA

View Full Version : Hey Logan, whats your Lightning Club?

JerseyVics
09-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey,

did you ever belong to any of the local Lightning clubs?

I'm sure you still have plenty of Lightning owner friends, since I can't post about this on www.f150online.com message boards, Doug won't let me, would you spread the word in the Texas L community that I just bought a new domain for the registry I have?

www.svtregistry.com

its the same old site listing all the owners that have submitted me a pic of their trucks but now its named appropriately on the internet. I also have a Harley-Davidson F150 registry on there as well, so please let the locals know if you got a chance.

thanks,
--Russ:)

Logan
09-13-2002, 05:34 AM
Hi Russ,

I hang out with Doug once or twice a week, he works literally across the street from me. :)

I'm actually still active in the local lightning club, TALON. Under the theory that I've owned 2, I'll probably own a 3rd. :)

f150online as you know has pretty strict advertising rules, but the club sites don't. Hit them separately. Talon is located at: http://www.talonclub.com

JerseyVics
09-13-2002, 06:13 PM
heh, Doug amazes me.... he was extremely supportive of my Registry when I first launched it for all my NJ L friends... I helped set up a local H :) :) T E R s meet (our first official NJ L meet) and ever since I was including my friends in my sites, the Registry was build specifically for them... I liked the build # idea..... and again Doug was very supportive of that even though it was SVTperformance who gave me space to host the site on.

Doug even went as far as including me in the MM&FF article that Jeff Bauer did on his site... if you look in one of the issues where they describe SVTLightnings.com the very last line of the article just before the running Horsie is a plug for my site.... after that he just pulled the plug on me on F150online. I don't know if he wanted me to repay him in some way for all the exposure he gave me or what, he didn't say and I was and still am too poor to ask... cause even if he gives me a figure I doubt I'll be able to swing it.... but oh well.... I just e-mail Steve now asking for permission to post about my site and he's much more lenient. After all I'm not making a penny off that registry... those Tire Rack links are useless, I've made $200 bux ever since I launched the site and all of it went towards the site... I dunno how Doug views it as a commercial competitor, or some other silly phrase he used when we last talked.

Oh well.

--Russ

by the way, I did initialy link to TALON, HALO, FLASVT and many other clubs but than I got a bunch of grief that I was favoring some over the others by making their exposure different, so now I just stick to Registry itself... even events that I often attend I left to SVTOA to promote....:rolleyes: