PDA

View Full Version : Eggs.

looking97233
04-19-2003, 05:00 AM
All over my car. In my driveway. WTF? Guess what eggs do to a new black car.
Again WTF? Spent the last two hours cleaning the car in the dark. Talking to police to get a report filed. The paint they use on cars now dosen't do well with eggs, looks like clearcoat is etched, and the points of impact have spider webs about 3" in diameter in the clear. Looks like cracked glass. At least the police understand. He said too bad you didn't catch them in the act. I said that might have been bad for who ever did it and bad for me especialy if they were minors. He said middle of the night, quiet street, no witnesses. I guess I'll be paying a visit to the insurance office Monday, and another trip to the body shop.

nomad
04-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Looking, man that sucks! Just your car, or others too?
Hope somebody catches these punks:po:
Meanwhile,rinse,rinse,rinse,an d rinse your car.Eggs can seep into the strangest places and leave a nasty smell.
Good Luck;)

jgc61sr2002
04-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Looking - Sorry about the damage to your car. There are products on the market that can bring dull clearcoat back to its original shine. I have one in mind, PM me and I can give you more info. John:(

WolfeBros
04-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Looking, damn sorry to hear about the malicious damage done to your car. Eggs can indeed do serious damage to a finish if not gotten off right away. I hope yours can be fixed without extensive work. :censor: punks. :po:

bchapman
04-19-2003, 08:12 AM
What a shame. Rotten kids. Maybe it's time for a motion detector and a big dog.

LincMercLover
04-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Wasn't me, I swear!

martyo
04-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Wasn't me, I swear!

That doesn't mean that we still that don't think that you are rotten!

LincMercLover
04-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by martyo
That doesn't mean that we still that don't think that you are rotten!

Even you should know this one:

"All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law."
:D

gja
04-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Sign on the fence of my yard:
"Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"
"Trespassers will be violated"

Bigdogjim
04-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by gja
Sign on the fence of my yard:
"Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"
Big Dog's art of gun control.....hit the target on the first shot:D

bchapman
04-20-2003, 04:10 AM
Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family...What do you do?

Liberal Answer: "Well that's not enough information to answer that question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about the situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he is stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion."

Conservative Answer: BANG!

Maurauder Owner's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! ..Click... ::::sounds of magazine being ejected and a fresh magazine installed::::: Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving. What do you kids think?" Son: "Mom's right Dad. I saw it too" BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

jgc61sr2002
04-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Barbara - One knock in the head make a liberal an instant conservative. Speaking from experience. John

01 Interceptor
04-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Looking, I am sorry to hear that. I was driving one night from a friends house and the pass. side of my P71 was shot with egg color-like paintballs. I am glad that it wasn't actually eggs, but paintballs leave dimples. My car has also been keyed. Hope that you catch the punks! Some people today...can't appreciate a nice car unless it's theirs!

bchapman...love the addition to the situation it is so true. =P

Bigdogjim
04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Looking: How are you doing with egg? My MM was hit back in November. I got a break with some warm weather. Local car wash that does detailing should be able to help.
Good Luck
Big Dog

DLoreanMARAUDER
04-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Looking, Sorry to hear that man. On halloween i got egged (all over) in my 1990 black eldorado (excar), hit the brakes, floored it in reverse (leaving rubber of course) and went into the lil bastards fence, then proceeded to do donuts on his lawn (taught that lil ***** a lesson (SOB pissed his pants))! anyway got home (right around the block) and washed it off immediatly. no luck Clearcoat was forever ruined, only good thing was, it was my beater car (Caddy took one hell of a beating from me too). Hope you use some good stuff and get that crap off, the sooner the better before the sun bakes that crap in!

JamesHecker
04-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bchapman
[Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!" [/B]

That was definatly my favorite part!:D

prchrman
04-21-2003, 11:25 AM
looking...try maguire's swirl remover...got it at Advance for about 4 bucks...does wonders and it will shine like new...happy buffing...or do the insurance deal...but no one will baby that paint like you will...already heard lots of horror stories from site members on body and detail shops...

notacop
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
prchrman, do you mean meguiar's "scratch-x"? i tried that and it didnt seem to do much.

Fourth Horseman
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bchapman
In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family...What do you do?

Hehe. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a damned good shot with my Glock model 22 .40, too. :)

prchrman
04-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Notacop...not sure the exact name of the product, in about a 4oz squeeze tube...this is not for the faint hearted but if you have scratches I use rubbing compound and then use the maguires to remove the compound scratches...when the compound hits the paint you think it will never be the same but persistent hand buffing with the maguires brings it back to better than factory shine...did this on my MM for self induced scratches...to stupid to post...trust me...

MMM2003
04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
looking97233-

Sorry to hear about the egging. Happened to my wifes black Honda last year around Homecoming. A friend suggested to post a reward at the High School for any information in regards to the egging. I couldn't do it, since my wife works there.

My friend actually had luck with that and found the kids who did it to his car. The parents had to pay (no court) after the kids admitted to it.

Good luck otherwise. I keep the spots waxed as good as possible to prevent any further damage.

looking97233
04-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info, however, the car needs paint. Nothing out of a bottle will fix this. I am amazed that a little egg will do this to car paint. Oh well.

looking97233
04-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Here is a pic of some of the dammage.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php?photo=68

pieces of clear and color have chipped off, and the clear is etched wherever the eggs splattered.

If anybody approaches your car with eggs, just do the right thing. BANG, repeat.

gja
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
I am now CONVINCED the clearcoat on the Merc is WAAAY too fragile. I have a small amount of crackle near my headlight assembly on the right front bumper from a REALLY light bump. I think I will be contacting merc about this. I have bumped the rubber/poly nose on other cars much harder w/o any paint damage.

Lucikly it is something you have to get right down and inspect for, but still.

WolfeBros
04-21-2003, 06:54 PM
IMHO the paint sprayed on these cars are wayyyyyyyy too thin.
Its all about saving money. I have never seen clearcoat crack like that either. Like a cheap acrylic coating......unreal.:confused:

JamesHecker
04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Wow! I was amazed to see that picture. It is really hard to accept that something as fragile as an egg should cause that kind of damage. I don't think it speaks highly of the quality of the finish on our cars.

Patrick
04-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Sorry about the eggs!!!! The repsect of kids the days!!!!! Leave that for another forum.

But I have noticed that the clearcoat on the MM is a bit understandards. But also its a black car and will SHOW and small flaws as BLACK WILL ALWAYS DO!!!

No one WASHES OR DOES ANYHTING TO MY BUT ME!!!! I got up sum of the small water spots up. Got some more work to do. But I belive good hard work and alot of car wax and polish will fix the light coat of clearcoat probs!!! We should have too, But this is what we have.

When I get it all cleaned up I think I might look inot getting more clear coat added and SENDING THE BILL TO MERCURY!!!!!!!

Sorry to get off the egg topic, its not right and I hope the punks get what the dersreve, Shoot???? A bit harsh ( thought tempting) .

When Black is dun right, especially MM, DAMM WHAT A SITE!!!!!!! I

luve the look from others ( THATS AWSOME!!!!!) Its a beast !!!!!! Back in Black!!!!!!!!!!!

bchapman
04-22-2003, 04:15 AM
The problem with eggs is that their shells are indeed very hard and very sharp. Ever do that high school experiment where they drop the egg off the roof? The end of the egg is made to withstand a lot of pressure - it's shaped like a dome. The sides of the egg are razor sharp, cutting as they collapse. To compound the problem, egg yolk is high in corrosive sulfur. It's not the fault of the clearcoat or paint that the eggs did so much damage. Eggs can damage almost any surface.

Throwing eggs is pure vandalism, not some kids' prank. I hope the perpetrators are found and made accountable for their actions.

Good luck with getting the car re-finished, Looking. Find the best shop and supervise the work.

01 Interceptor
04-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Ouch. I see metal.

looking97233
04-23-2003, 08:06 AM
yep, metal. The drivers door needs to be completely re-finished. Many other areas will need to be wet sanded and cleared. I wonder if I can find low powered shotgun shells filled with rock salt, or if I have to make them. Last year it was mailboxes being hit with a bat. I really want to catch these punks. Rock salt under the skin just hurts really bad right?

01 Interceptor
04-24-2003, 12:15 AM
I have heard that yes...you may cause some bleeding as well. We all know that salt in the wound is pain.

looking97233
04-24-2003, 12:44 PM
So, a question for our LEO people, would that be considered assult wit a deadly weapon if it was loaded with salt?

Bigdogjim
04-24-2003, 02:23 PM
More of question for the lawyers? Some peoples kids? Looking if you find them I will be happy to lay some 5XL justice on them..(even it I am on the other cost). When I read your first post I did not think it was all that bad. Like I said mine got hit in November on the pass. back door. I lucked out because the local car wash that does detailing liked the car and took care of it. (next day)
Big Dog:po: :flamer:

ChuckB
04-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Keep your eye out. Kids like to ruturn to inspect thier "work". maybe a well placed video camera may be worth it.

what a shame.

ahhhh youth - to bad it's waisted on kids.....

merc406
04-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Around here it's side windows and the back glass of people's car's being blown out, either by pellit or BB gun.
My Merc stay's in the garage. Since when have kids taken Devil's night to any night. Use to be once a year you'd have to worry and batten the hatches, now I worry evey time I take it somewhere that some littlle **** may do damage to it.

jgc61sr2002
04-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ChuckB
Keep your eye out. Kids like to ruturn to inspect thier "work". maybe a well placed video camera may be worth it.

what a shame.

ahhhh youth - to bad it's waisted on kids..... ChuckB - That is true the perpetrator (s) sometimes return to the scene of the crime. Big Dog - I know where you are coming from but street justice is a thing of the past. Must be handled by local Police. Unfortunatly very little can be done with no witnesses. John