PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

Big House
03-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I love this wheel in Black and chrome but the all chrome is growing on me now. Please let me know your thoughts.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/1/3/Chrome505.jpg http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/1/3/Black505.jpg

2003DOHC
03-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I vote for all chrome!!

jim geary
03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Either one. Jim Geary

bigslim
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I think the black would look really cool on your car.

Cobra25
03-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Chrome gives it more bling & the Black gives it a more agressive look. I do like the chrome a little better

Bluerauder
03-04-2006, 07:20 AM
I love this wheel in Black and chrome but the all chrome is growing on me now. Please let me know your thoughts.
Personally, I am partial to the OEM polished aluminum wheels. :D Given the choice between the two that you show, I think that I'd like to see the black ones on your MM. Its kinda hard for me to visualize the effect without seeing them on the car .... but the Black ones would be my first choice. ;)

ckadiddle
03-04-2006, 07:29 AM
OK, either the all chrome, or find one that's all black. No black and chrome on the same wheel. All chrome for the shiny sparkling in the sun look, or all black for the badazz stealth, I'll kick your little foreign fartcan azz look.

Big House
03-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I would agree but I cannot do the solid black. There has to be something there to break it up, not a lot but something. Just like the badge in the grill...it is just enough to break the monochrom to make it look right. Same with the chrome trim around the windows. Thanks though.

OK, either the all chrome, or find one that's all black. No black and chrome on the same wheel. All chrome for the shiny sparkling in the sun look, or all black for the badazz stealth, I'll kick your little foreign fartcan azz look.

Big House
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I agree Blue...I love the OEM look but it is time to shake things up a bit. I can't be the fastest yet so I might as well try to win a few shows if I enter. The Marauder is a hands down winner in it own right but I think the addition with lock it in.

Personally, I am partial to the OEM polished aluminum wheels. :D Given the choice between the two that you show, I think that I'd like to see the black ones on your MM. Its kinda hard for me to visualize the effect without seeing them on the car .... but the Black ones would be my first choice. ;)

rayjay
03-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Prepare to do a lot of PITA cleaning. I had multi spokes on my last car, will not do that again. :rolleyes:

grampaws
03-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Can't go wrong with either. The chrome will stand out more...
Chrome!!:beer:

Joe Walsh
03-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Prepare to do a lot of PITA cleaning. I had multi spokes on my last car, will not do that again. :rolleyes:

I hear ya!
I've got Enkei black 'basket mesh'/polished rims on my Mustang and they are a MAJOR PITA to clean and to keep the brake dust off the spokes.

Those are nice looking rims in either style. What size and offsets are offered?

I'm not a big fan of All Black rims...Too Ricer....you gotta have some chrome to set the wheel off.

seans
03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
On a black car I think that the chrome wheel would look better.

Blackened300a
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I personally feel that the black Rim would look best on the Black car. If you had a Silver, DTR, or blue, then all chrome.

Big House
03-06-2006, 10:59 AM
The Black. Thanks gents for making this a less than painful decision but I think I will be pleased with it and am looking forward to the new look. Only thing though... I will be the Black sheep at all of our CAM meets. Thanks again. :beer: :beer:

Big House

KillJoy
03-06-2006, 11:02 AM
+1 for the Chrome!

KillJoy

jdando
03-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Since you asked, neither works for me.

I think the webbing/spokes are to angular and thin for a car like ours. There is no continuity between the "design" of the wheels and the design of the car.

Any chance someone could photoshop them onto the car? Maybe I would warm up to them.

jeremy