PDA

View Full Version : The History of Mankind

Haggis
03-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunter/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer & would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in winter.

The 2 most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: Liberals and Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as "the Conservative movement."

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement. Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as "girlie men".

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting revolutionary side note about liberals: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't "fair" to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, Marines, athletes and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to "govern" the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed.

Here ends today's lesson in world history :

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to respond to the above before simply laughing and forwarding it. A Conservative will be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately.

Bluerauder
03-08-2006, 10:32 AM
:run: :run: :run:

Here ends today's lesson in world history.
:hide: Incoming ..........!!!! :hide:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:rofl:

DEFYANT
03-08-2006, 10:45 AM
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happend - we learned to talk."

Yup, I predict this thread to :

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/KaBoom.jpg

BruteForce
03-08-2006, 10:55 AM
http://brainbuttons.com/images/638.gif
http://www.joelinux.net/political/QuagmireOfDebt.JPG

DEFYANT
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
http://brainbuttons.com/images/638.gif
http://www.joelinux.net/political/QuagmireOfDebt.JPG

Hey, it's "Pigs; Three Different Ones" :D

KillJoy
03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Hmmmmm.......... a political thread.... thought those wern't allowed?

KillJoy

SergntMac
03-08-2006, 11:25 AM
So...You're saying Chuck Norris is a liberal, and Jack Bauer is a conservative.

Okay, got it...

SergntMac
03-08-2006, 11:25 AM
But, where does that leave Snake?

Big House
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Tick....Tick....Tick

Smokie
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
...Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't "fair" to make the pitcher also bat.

Now that's where they crossed the line...:mad2:... if you are man enough to heave a 95 mph baseball at somebody's head, you should be man enough to stand there when it's coming at your head. My sport used to filled with "real man" , now it's about the steriods.....:mad:...did liberals invent steriods also???;)

Paul T. Casey
03-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Hmmm, I immediately fowarded it.

Chuck Norris
03-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I ain't no f***in' liberal.

I ain't no f***in' conservative either.

Liberals are weenies and conservatives are morons.

I am my own political party. The Pain Party.

Liberals tend my lawn and conservatives oil my firearms.

Jack Bauer sucks liberals.

-The C-Man

Chuck Norris
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
A roundhouse kick to you, dude.

It will arrive via UPS - the Universal PAIN Service.

So...You're saying Chuck Norris is a liberal, and Jack Bauer is a conservative.

Okay, got it...

Leadfoot281
03-08-2006, 01:12 PM
This thread is fun. It's like looking at an enormous pile of dynamite. I know it's gonna blow soon, but I can't move, and I can't take my eyes off it.

BTW, after I quit drinking, I became a conservative and I also have a couple of cats (I call them self-propelled mouse traps). Also, my freezer is packed full of venison.

It's important to laugh at huge piles of dynamite sometimes.....

duhtroll
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Using that logic, liberals are for the American League and Conservatives the National.

Barry Bonds is in which one, now? :P

I agree about the large pile of dynamite theory. I likened one of these to a slow-motion car wreck about to happen. You know you should move, but you just can't.

It's called Schadenfreude.

Now that's where they crossed the line...:mad2:... if you are man enough to heave a 95 mph baseball at somebody's head, you should be man enough to stand there when it's coming at your head. My sport used to filled with "real man" , now it's about the steriods.....:mad:...did liberals invent steriods also???;)

O's Fan Rich
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
I like ice cream.

Big House
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Schssssssssssssssssssssss(the sound of a burning fuse)...BOOM...it is coming.....

SergntMac
03-08-2006, 03:22 PM

-The C-Man Hitting the mineral oil a little heavy, ain't ya Chuck?

MarauderMark
03-08-2006, 06:15 PM
:popcorn:...

MarauderMark
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Hitting the mineral oil a little heavy, ain't ya Chuck?
Thats from the bruce lee beating..:D
btw good thread Haggis:up:

Chuck Norris
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Bruce Lee winning was in the script. I got paid more to look like I lost. Bruce came to me crying that he needed to learn how to fight, so I not only taught him but gave him a free ego boost by letting him rewrite the ending.

Of course, Lee is dead now. The Norris lives on.

Thats from the bruce lee beating..:D
btw good thread Haggis:up:

natedog1284
03-08-2006, 07:02 PM
daaaaaaammmnnnn.....Well, I'm not afraid to say I laughed my a$$ off and forwarded it, but I'm not sure I would have posted it....yeah, this is gonna get ugly.....:popcorn:

usafsniper
03-08-2006, 07:34 PM
We're all just dust in the wind...

http://www.mccallpumpkinpatch.com/images/Tombstone.gif

MarauderMark
03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Bruce Lee winning was in the script. I got paid more to look like I lost. Bruce came to me crying that he needed to learn how to fight, so I not only taught him but gave him a free ego boost by letting him rewrite the ending.

Of course, Lee is dead now. The Norris lives on.
:rofl: Thank you .Thats a great answer.:up:

Blackened300a
03-08-2006, 08:45 PM
I guess this wouldnt be such a good thread to use to get my post count up? huh??

teamrope
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
I guess this wouldnt be such a good thread to use to get my post count up? huh??

It's all good. A post count is a post count. :)

Leadfoot281
03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I think this thread is going to prove one thing; who has a sence of humor, and who is going to get their panties in a twist.

There is enough here to pi$$ of conservatives as well as liberals. Really.

My personal thoughts? It's a just a theory, but if you had a couple days to live (at most!) would you drive the speed limit, and wear your seatbelt?

I don't think so!

So, with that, I'd have to say that teaching women how to speak was our biggest mistake.:D

rocknrod
03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Thats Funny Right There.....
Fore (Golf Smiley??????)

Haggis
03-09-2006, 04:51 AM
This is not a Political Thread. It is a joke!!

Have we all forgotten how to laugh at our selves? I f this thread offends you, you need to sit back, take a deep breath and ask yourself; "Where did my parents go wrong?"

Remember first and formost we are all Americans unity by a common cause; 'Freedom and the pursit of happiness.'

And remember, my biker mom can beat up your scoccer mom.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SergntMac
03-09-2006, 05:13 AM
My personal thoughts? It's a just a theory, but if you had a couple days to live (at most!) would you drive the speed limit, and wear your seatbelt? Yes, I would wear my seat belt, and only because I would want to stay planted behind the wheel while I enjoy my hair cinging against the wind of mach speed.

No highway in America is a perfect straight line for more than one mile.

Neither is any elected politican...

Hotrauder
03-09-2006, 05:23 AM
I think this thread is going to prove one thing; who has a sence of humor, and who is going to get their panties in a twist.

There is enough here to pi$$ of conservatives as well as liberals. Really.

My personal thoughts? It's a just a theory, but if you had a couple days to live (at most!) would you drive the speed limit, and wear your seatbelt?

I don't think so!

So, with that, I'd have to say that teaching women how to speak was our biggest mistake.:D

I love an optimist. If your wife reads this you got how many days left?:D Dennis

magindat
03-09-2006, 06:00 AM
A roundhouse kick to you, dude.

It will arrive via UPS - the Universal PAIN Service.

Now THAT'S funny....

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:32 AM
This is not a Political Thread. It is a joke!!

If that's the case then here's some more:

George Bush has started an ill-timed and disastrous war under false pretenses by lying to the American people and to the Congress; he has run a budget surplus into a severe deficit; he has consistently and unconscionably favored the wealthy and corporations over the rights and needs of the population; he has destroyed trust and confidence in, and good will toward, the United States around the globe; he has ignored global warming, to the world's detriment; he has wantonly broken our treaty obligations; he has condoned torture of prisoners; he has attempted to create a theocracy in the United States; he has appointed incompetent cronies to positions of vital national importance.

Now, would someone please give him a blow job so we can impeach him?

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:35 AM
How the Bush Administration Changes a Light Bulb

How many members of the Bush administration does it take to change a light bulb?

1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed;

2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed;

3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb;

4. One to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of light bulbs;

5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb;

6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner: Light Bulb Change Accomplished;

7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Bush was literally in the dark;

8. One to viciously smear #7;

9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along;

10. And finally one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Battle Hymn of the Republicans
(to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic)

Mine Eyes have seen the bungling of that stumbling moron Bush;
He has blathered all the drivel that the neo-cons can push;
He has lost sight of all reason 'cause his head is up his tush;
The Doofus marches on.

I have heard him butcher syntax like a kindergarten fool;
There is warranted suspicion that he never went to school;
Should we fault him for the policies -- or is he just their tool?
The lies keep piling on.

Glory! Glory! How he'll Screw Ya'!
His wreckage will live on.

I have seen him cut the taxes of the billionaires' lone heir;
As he spends another zillion on an aircraft carrier;
Let the smokestacks keep polluting -- do we really need clean air?
The surplus is now gone.

Your safety net is gone!

Now he's got a mighty hankerin' to bomb a prostrate state;
Though the whole world knows its crazy -- and the U.N. says to wait;
When he doesn't have the evidence, "We must prevaricate."
Diplomacy is done!

Oh, a trumped-up war is excellent; we have no moral bounds;
Should the reasons be disputed, we'll just make up other grounds;
Enraging several billions -- to his brainlessness redounds;
The Doofus marches on!

THIS...DOO...FUS...MAR...CHES. ..ON

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Survivor, Texas-Style

Network TV is reported to be developing a Texas version of "Survivor," the popular TV show.

Contestants must travel from Amarillo through Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and back to Amarillo, through San Marcos and Lubbock. Each will be driving a Volvo with a bumper sticker that reads: "I voted for Kerry, I'm gay, and I'm here to take your guns."

The first contestant to complete the round trip is the winner.

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
This following poem is composed entirely of actual quotes from George W. Bush.

Make the Pie Higher

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen
And uncertainty
And potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
Become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish
Can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope
Where our wings take dream.
Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher!
Make the pie higher!

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 07:44 AM
The Bush Stamp

The Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of President Bush. The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation.

After a month of testing, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:

1) The stamp is in perfect order.

2) There is nothing wrong with the applied adhesive.

3) People are spitting on the wrong side

KillJoy
03-09-2006, 08:04 AM
That'll probably do it!

KillJoy

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 08:07 AM
(furiously copying the funny stuff out of the thread before it gets nuked)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Smokie
03-09-2006, 08:19 AM
The Bush Stamp

The Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of President Bush. The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation.

After a month of testing, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:

1) The stamp is in perfect order.

2) There is nothing wrong with the applied adhesive.

3) People are spitting on the wrong side

I like George, still that's pretty funny.

Smokie
03-09-2006, 08:32 AM
If that's the case then here's some more:

George Bush has started an ill-timed and disastrous war under false pretenses by lying to the American people and to the Congress; he has run a budget surplus into a severe deficit; he has consistently and unconscionably favored the wealthy and corporations over the rights and needs of the population; he has destroyed trust and confidence in, and good will toward, the United States around the globe; he has ignored global warming, to the world's detriment; he has wantonly broken our treaty obligations; he has condoned torture of prisoners; he has attempted to create a theocracy in the United States; he has appointed incompetent cronies to positions of vital national importance.

Now, would someone please give him a blow job so we can impeach him?
Didn't work with the other guy did it????? No worries, soon enough the pendulum will swing and you will get your guy or gal in power, then all will be good, or if it's not you can always blame the bad guys (conservatives) for ruining the world, meantime I will continue to work until I drop dead so that I can continue to support the unfortunates victims of the bad guys that hate the world and love only themselves.

Haggis
03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
:soap: :bs::tongue: :pill: :loco: :blah: :stupid: :lol:

All I can say is; "Get a life." Some people have no sense of humor.

Smokie
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Beer, must have beer.......:beer:

Haggis
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Beer, must have beer.......:beer:
Great starting point, must have beer...more beer. :up:

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 01:37 PM

What YOU don't like other folks humor? Watch out when you throw a grenade in a room... sometimes it bounces back.

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking too.

It must be that they have no sense of humor if they get mad when we joke about them, but how dare they joke about us.

Hence the reason political threads aren't allowed. Too many people have permanent wedgies when it comes to politics.

What YOU don't like other folks humor? Watch out when you throw a grenade in a room... sometimes it bounces back.

natedog1284
03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Hence the reason political threads aren't allowed. Too many people have permanent wedgies when it comes to politics.

....and yet, it continues....

Smokie
03-09-2006, 03:34 PM
We are being given the opportunity to continue in a civil, friendly manner....can we?...:)

dwasson
03-09-2006, 04:05 PM

-The C-Man

Chuck's taken a few blows to the head.

Putting down Jack is just crazy talk.

dwasson
03-09-2006, 04:09 PM

I don't think I'd spend too much time flossing either.

dwasson
03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
No highway in America is a perfect straight line for more than one mile.

I think you're wrong on this one Mac. Out west there are long stretches of interstate that are straight, flat, and without lightpoles. These were specced in the original interstate act to be used as back up runways in the event of losing our airbases in a war.

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry, had to :laugh: at that one.

Look in the dictionary under "irony." It says "see 'irony.'"

....and yet, it continues....

usafsniper
03-09-2006, 04:16 PM
This too dark for a joke?

It's ok if some members of America want to lie in bed with the French, advocate we do nothing about mass genocide, and in general, b*#%@ about the country while they're capable of driving around in a $35K vehicle and living in a nice home with heat/air/plumbing...that's what we're about...land of opportunity and free speech. We welcome you with open arms, whether you like us or hate us. We're not perfect, and don't claim to be...but if you can find a better option this side of the planet...by all means...the following website is for you...

www.priceline.com (http://www.priceline.com)

Maybe though, they'll wake up tomorrow and find themselves living in a tin and cardboard hovel or a cave as they scurry about trying to hide from an insurgent army or tyranical government that's taken their home and 35K vehicle. Maybe after they've been a few weeks without food, and they're down to 90lbs body weight, and they've lost everything they own, and seen all their family members tortured to death, they'll remember a dream that used to be called America...and appreciate what they had, when they had it.

natedog1284
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Amen to that, Sir.

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
OK, I'll discuss:

Why then, I ask, did it take so long for us to do anything about the Sudan?

Bigger problems there than Iraq. Let's see, what's the major difference between Iraq and the Sudan? :hmmm:

Forgive the above sarcasm but "removal of an evil dictator," if that is our policy (and not phantom WMDs) necessitates invading a few more places, some of which are far worse than Iraq ever was.

I'm sorry, but "lying in bed with the French" is empty rhetoric. It's something conservatives use to attack the patriotism of anyone who is against the war. It's kinda like calling liberals commies.

Pope John Paul II was against the war, too. I suppose he is French and pro-gay, too.

I didn't pay anywhere near $35K for my vehicle, brand new off the showroom floor.

Sorry if you did.

I've voted more Republican than Democrat, btw. I must be a liberal Republican. :razz:

This too dark for a joke?

It's ok if some members of America want to lie in bed with the French, advocate we do nothing about mass genocide, and in general, b*#%@ about the country while they're capable of driving around in a $35K vehicle and living in a nice home with heat/air/plumbing...that's what we're about...land of opportunity and free speech. We welcome you with open arms, whether you like us or hate us. We're not perfect, and don't claim to be...but if you can find a better option this side of the planet...by all means...the following website is for you...

www.priceline.com (http://www.priceline.com)

Maybe though, they'll wake up tomorrow and find themselves living in a tin and cardboard hovel or a cave as they scurry about trying to hide from an insurgent army or tyranical government that's taken their home and 35K vehicle. Maybe after they've been a few weeks without food, and they're down to 90lbs body weight, and they've lost everything they own, and seen all their family members tortured to death, they'll remember a dream that used to be called America...and appreciate what they had, when they had it.

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I think that's true in lots of places - here in IA lots of straight roads.

I think you're wrong on this one Mac. Out west there are long stretches of interstate that are straight, flat, and without lightpoles. These were specced in the original interstate act to be used as back up runways in the event of losing our airbases in a war.

Leadfoot281
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Wow, I was right about who wouldn't have a sense of humor! I figured that I had tossed a match on this big pile of dynamite with my "we shouldn't have taught women how to speak" comment but it didn't.

I thought for sure this thread was terminal.

At any rate,

"Mission Accomplished" was in reference to the crew of that carrier and the conclusion of the air strikes against the Iraqi Army. And no, the "mission acomplished" baner didn't signifiy the end of my bathroom remodel either.

WMD's. John "the poodle" Kerry also said Saddam had them. And he said Saddam shouldn't have them. Why does the "rich womans pet" get a free pass by the liberals?

Budget surplus. That's a terrible idea! I spend my money better than they do. How many of you, when you get your paycheck, walk down the street and give it to everyone on your street? Liberals think that's how things should work. I think people should work, FOR THEMSELVES, NOT THE GOVERNMENT!A budget surplus means we are paying too much taxes! Do you really want to pay more on April 15? Care to give me some money?

"Alienated" nations. Who cares if the French like us? I don't. They smell bad and their cars suck.

2000+ dead after 3 years in Iraq. "Too many!" cry the Liberals!

110,000 3rd trimester abortions/year in the U.S. "It's rare!" cry the liberals!

When I see Americans running to the beaches and trying to swim to Cuba, I may revise my opinions. They have great health care. While you're there, I recommend a little restaurant at the corner of Dirt and Poor that serves great boiled Dog and rice.

Capitalism Rules!

If this thread is going to be around for a while, maybe I'll put my seatbelt back on, but I ain't slowing down!:D

Haggis
03-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh you are so wrong neighbor. I found all your Bush jokes funny...

How the Bush Administration Changes a Light Bulb

How many members of the Bush administration does it take to change a light bulb?

1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed;

2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed;

3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb;

4. One to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of light bulbs;

5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb;

6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner: Light Bulb Change Accomplished;

7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Bush was literally in the dark;

8. One to viciously smear #7;

9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along;

10. And finally one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
This tread was not started to piss any one off...but you seem to be taking it personal. Why?? Ask your self? Now take back your grenade and stick the pin back in it before it explodes in your face.

This was not started as a political thread so stop making it one. I have no agenda, but share quality time and a few laughs with my friends. One more thing;

Hilary in '08

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
WMD's. John "the poodle" Kerry also said Saddam had them. And he said Saddam shouldn't have them. Why does the "rich womans pet" get a free pass by the liberals?

Who is giving him a pass? Um, and he isn't the one who invaded a nation under false pretense.

If I say I am going to blow up my neighbor's house because I hate them, but the neighbor on the other side actually does it, who gets arrested?

Just because John Kerry said it doesn't make it right. Bush screwed up on this and numerous other occasions. End of story.

Budget surplus. That's a terrible idea! I spend my money better than they do. How many of you, when you get your paycheck, walk down the street and give it to everyone on your street? Liberals think that's how things should work. I think people should work, FOR THEMSELVES, NOT THE GOVERNMENT!A budget surplus means we are paying too much taxes! Do you really want to pay more on April 15? Care to give me some money?

Um, I suppose billions (or is it trillions by now?) in deficit is better? I suppose that's the American way. Just charge it and hope you die before the payment comes due. Maybe you'll win the lottery . . .

You obviously have no idea how many so-called "entitlement programs" you benefit from. I'm certain you would never complain if they were taken away, either.

"Alienated" nations. Who cares if the French like us? I don't. They smell bad and their cars suck.

I'll let this one stand on its own. You don't need any help from me here!

2000+ dead after 3 years in Iraq. "Too many!" cry the Liberals!

110,000 3rd trimester abortions/year in the U.S. "It's rare!" cry the liberals!

Since when are all liberals for late term or partial birth abortions? If you check the number of riders attached to every bill, you'll note that progress is never made because it becomes not about the issue but about partisanship, and nothing else -- literally. The abortion issue ceased to be about abortion long ago. It's about who gets to tell whom what to do, and that's it.

When I see Americans running to the beaches and trying to swim to Cuba, I may revise my opinions. They have great health care. While you're there, I recommend a little restaurant at the corner of Dirt and Poor that serves great boiled Dog and rice.

Our economy is already being challenged by other developing nations. If we don't change some things very soon, then within our lifetimes we will be the ones wanting what China and some of the EU has.

Capitalism Rules!

Where's Chuck when you need him? O'Doyle rules!

If this thread is going to be around for a while, maybe I'll put my seatbelt back on, but I ain't slowing down!:D

Don't slow down on my account!

Smokie
03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
You obviously have no idea how many so-called "entitlement programs" you benefit from. I'm certain you would never complain if they were taken away, either

I don't care much about the political stuff, I simply work my ass off to take care of my family. However could you give me some idea what "entitlement program" I may be benefiting from???? Thanks.:)

duhtroll
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I suppose you will not accept your social security checks when they arrive?

I don't care much about the political stuff, I simply work my ass off to take care of my family. However could you give me some idea what "entitlement program" I may be benefiting from???? Thanks.:)

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A REPUBLICAN
By John Gray

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards.

He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought the employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republican's would still be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host's keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, 'We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have'.

BruteForce
03-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Oh you are so wrong neighbor. I found all your Bush jokes funny...

This tread was not started to piss any one off...but you seem to be taking it personal. Why?? Ask your self? Now take back your grenade and stick the pin back in it before it explodes in your face.

This was not started as a political thread so stop making it one. I have no agenda, but share quality time and a few laughs with my friends. One more thing;

Hilary in '08

I guess this was directed at someone else?

I'm not taking anything personally. Just doin' my part in the "fair and balanced" game. That's one of my pet peeves with the current Democratic leadership is total lack of cajones for getting their hands dirty. Seems they think the best counter to liberal bashing is to duck and cover. F:censor:ck that. Frontal assault! Damn the torpedoes!

PS. Hillary is a smoke screen. I'd tell you who the real candidate will be but then I'd have to kill you.

Marauder2005
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
By John Gray

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards.

He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought the employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republican's would still be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host's keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, 'We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have'.

LOL I normaly do not post in these threads but ----:lol:

Two Hawks
03-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I suppose you will not accept your social security checks when they arrive?I'm confused .
How does getting back part of the money, that was forcefully taken from your
earnings, and put into a government run (which explains the problem) retirement
fund for "your retirement", constitute an "entitlement" :confused:

Maybe, vesting, since were talking retirement funds.

But, I tend to feel like, its just a "partial" return of stolen money.

Leadfoot281
03-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Richard Nixon was a liberal? It was his administration that gave us the EPA.

Name a pro-life liberal.

Benefits? Lol!!!! I earn 13% with my money! I'm 34, I own my own house, have 8 payments left on my Marauder (the first car I paid more than $800 for, BTW) and nothing short of the Rapture is going to prevent me from retiring quite wealthy. "Fanny" who!!! My dough is in far better hands. Mine!

Your beloved Government had nothing to do with it, other than trying to hamper my success with crushing taxes. The 5% reduction in capital gains tax allowed me to hire on another person though. Thank you GWB!

I'm not sure how I "contibute" to public transportation or how I benefit. There isn't a subway within 500 miles of me. But I paid for it anyway, huh?

Europe? Lol!!! I'm not exactly envious of their current 12% unemployment. Or their demoralizing 70% tax rates. And 6 weeks of paid vacation is no way to compete with us. Does Britain have a car industry? Yes, we own it though.

The USDA still hasn't inspected my Venison, wild Turkey, or Walleye. Other than a very infrequent Rib-eye, I haven't bought beef in 5 years. I pasted a nice 10 pointer in my yard just 4 months ago. I'm as healthy as the critters I shoot.

Name one reason a goverment surplus is good. With all due respect to drunken sailors, the government spends money like drunken sailors. Both parties are guilty.

Every benefit listed for "Joe The Conservative" is an example of the Government digging into our pockets and is totally out of line with the framers version of America. It's "shark jumping" at it's finest! Why not add into the mix "Goverment paid" personal butlers, "free" dailly hand wash and wax, lawn cutting, nose hair trimmers, and butt scratchers? We'll be in the same 70% tax bracket that Europe has!

Why even go to work with a tax rate like that? Why try? (maybe that explains their vacations!)

40 hour work week? Lol!!! What's that? Sounds like the laid-back drill my broke friends deal with. I didn't get where I am putting in 40 hour weeks!

Thank Uncle Sam for slapping thousands onto the cost of my Marauder! And increasing the cost of everything else. I'm glad I do know the ingrediants in my shampoo though. SWEET!!!!

Speaking of "shark jumping", back to the original post; I never met a Liberal in the Army, don't know a Liberal Marine, and my barber is a "girlie man".

Feel free to criticize farmers, just don't do it with your mouth full.....:)

Leadfoot281
03-10-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm confused .

Amen!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself! Send your retirement money to me instead. I'll give you a 3% return (beating Uncle Sam!) if I can keep the other 10%!!!!

Rice in '08!

usafsniper
03-10-2006, 12:50 AM
OK, I'll discuss:

Bigger problems there than Iraq. Let's see, what's the major difference between Iraq and the Sudan? :hmmm:

Forgive the above sarcasm but "removal of an evil dictator," if that is our policy (and not phantom WMDs) necessitates invading a few more places, some of which are far worse than Iraq ever was.

One problem at a time please...unless you want to shoulder a weapon, or start producing babies who'll grow up and do so, rather than do nothing but pen rhetoric and sarcasm. I'm sorry, but I can't board more than one C-17 at a time in spending 18 plus years preserving the freedom (benefits of) you so happily sit here and complain about. The Sudan, hmmm...I've been in that country twice as well...once in Somalia during the Blackhawk Down incident. Believe me I know the problems there...ever been there yourself...or just know what you read and hear? There's a quote in the military I'm really fond of...Lead, Follow, or get the heck out of the way. For the layman that equates to, either make a effort to contribute to the solution, if you can't or won't, follow those with the initiative who do, or sit back and shut up. At any rate...Delta is ready when you are.

Lest we forget...and history repeats itself...

...Lou's hometown began and ended the 20th century as a Ukrainian village. But in the 1940s, Jasina was taken over by Hungary, then by Nazi Germany and finally by the Soviet Union. In 1944, the village's Jewish population was forcibly removed from their homes and interned in a ghetto, then shipped to Auschwitz. Dunst's mother, Priva, was sent to her death by Dr. Josef Mengele, the Nazis' Angel of Death. His father, Marcus, died in another camp...
...he [Lou] begged God: “Please let me live – if for nothing else than to tell my story.”...
“I was delirious,” Dunst said. “I didn't know what was happening.” That morning, in fact, Dunst was literally at death's door. A 19-year-old Ukrainian Jew in a Nazi concentration camp in Austria, he had crawled onto a pile of corpses outside the crematorium to perish. But that afternoon, Staff Sgt. Persinger drove his tank “Lucky Lady” through the camp's gates, liberating Dunst and the rest of Ebensee's 18,000 prisoners...

Gratuitous LOL...this is a joke thread...and some don't get dark, dry humor.

Smokie
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
I suppose you will not accept your social security checks when they arrive?

I have been FORCED to pay social security taxes since I was 14 years old and I am almost 52. You call an entitlement getting SOME of my money back, MAYBE????

Had I been offered the choice to save and invest my money under my control, I would have done it. At least it guarantees my family that either I or they will get MY money back.

Like I said before, I am a giver not a taker.:)

Haggis
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
I have been FORCED to pay social security taxes since I was 14 years old and I am almost 52. You call an entitlement getting SOME of my money back, MAYBE????

Had I been offered the choice to save and invest my money under my control, I would have done it. At least it guarantees my family that either I or they will get MY money back.

Like I said before, I am a giver not a taker.:)
Amen, Smokie. :bows:

Smokie
03-10-2006, 07:26 AM
By John Gray

If I was to grant you that the above is all factual and we owe ALL of that to liberals....will you grant me that the reason liberals were ALIVE to do all this is because a Conservative had the balls to go and DIE in an unpopular war (all wars that America has fought in the 20th century were unpopular) that liberals were protesting????:D

duhtroll
03-10-2006, 07:29 AM
You know, I've always supported those in the military but this attitude has me puzzled.

Please explain what domestic enemies we are thwarting by fighting in Iraq. (?) I'm still at a loss as to how invading Iraq has made America any safer. Seems to me there have been more Americans dying (not to mention Iraqis) SINCE Saddam was overthrown. Maybe you could explain that?

By the way, if "terrorists" is the answer -- I live in Iowa. I could fend off the terrorists here with a wet paper towel. That, AND I support my local law enforcement, speeding tickets notwithstanding.

So I can thank you personally for keeping my house safe? Sorry, sir, but you have a mighty big chip on your shoulder. You chose to be in the military, just as I choose to serve my community. It's one thing to hold a noble position such as yours. It's another thing to go around throwing it in people's faces. I never said I don't support our military. I said I don't think we should be doing the things we are doing with our military.

Despite all the anti-patriotism slogans out there, it most certainly IS possible to support the military but not the war. I don't personally care if folks don't understand that, but there are millions who think this way.

I'm not the one complaining about my tax dollars going to things that our country needs (that would be the other guys). I'm all for programs that make our country a better place. And you know what, I don't really care that the money I pay in taxes doesn't just go to me, myself, and I, because I understand that most of the programs out there that are being funded by tax dollars make MY existence a better one, even if I don't use them.

Are you forgetting that military spending is one government program where the taxpayers have absolutely no say? The administration decides and the money is spent. So while other folks whine about money going to things like healthcare, public libraries, local law enforcement (yes this is a government program too but I don't hear anyone whining about it - and I don't, either) etc. we don't have a voice when it comes to buying more weapons.

It is an extremely shortsighted view to think that if you don't directly benefit from a taxpayer supported program that it is not worth your tax dollars. If you don't want to pay taxes, there's a shed up in the mountains somewhere where you can keep all your money.

I'm confused .

Do you know how Social Security works? Your Social Security is paid for by your children and you are paying for today's retirees. It's because of a flaw in the program that does not allow rollover from year to year, budget-wise. Sure it's flawed. However, changing it now screws over everyone who has been putting money into it in today's workforce, so we left it alone.

Sure, there are wealthy folks out there that don't need it but there are millions of people who DO. Ah, the hell with them, what do they need money for? By the way, simply needing Social Security upon retirement does not mean people are lazy.

I am astonished at how many times I hear that people who don't make much money are lazy, don't want to be successful, etc. Money does NOT equal success, people. I don't make much money by comparison to just about anyone who owns a Marauder. Yet, I wouldn't trade my place in life with anyone.

One problem at a time please...unless you want to shoulder a weapon, or start producing babies who'll grow up and do so, rather than do nothing but pen rhetoric and sarcasm. I'm sorry, but I can't board more than one C-17 at a time in spending 18 plus years preserving the freedom (benefits of) you so happily sit here and complain about. The Sudan, hmmm...I've been in that country twice as well...once in Somalia during the Blackhawk Down incident. Believe me I know the problems there...ever been there yourself...or just know what you read and hear? There's a quote in the military I'm really fond of...Lead, Follow, or get the heck out of the way. For the layman that equates to, either make a effort to contribute to the solution, if you can't or won't, follow those with the initiative who do, or sit back and shut up. At any rate...Delta is ready when you are.

Richard Nixon was a liberal? It was his administration that gave us the EPA.

Name a pro-life liberal.

I guess that would be me.

Name one reason a goverment surplus is good. With all due respect to drunken sailors, the government spends money like drunken sailors. Both parties are guilty.

Right now, it would seem that the Bush administration is guilty of the largest spending in history.

A government surplus is good so that when we need money, we have it, rather than making our grandhildren pay for our "needs." I can only imagine where the money would be coming from for this current war had Bush been president BEFORE 2000. Remember this is a president who IS ABOUT big goverment. What? A big government conservative? Bush doesn't veto spending bills very often . . ..

So complain about taxes all you want. The guy that's doing all the spending wants you to believe that we should give up current government programs to support his agenda. Maybe that's why only 34% of the country supports him right now.

Just a couple other random points:

I work lots more than 40 hours per week, too, and I don't have a time clock so there's no such thing as overtime in my profession.

And there are liberals in the armed forces. Just because they are a minority doesn't mean they don't exist.

duhtroll
03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
All the wars in the 20th century? Like WWII?

You don't think after Pearl Harbor it was a popular choice to blow the crap out of the Japanese?

I think you mean the elective wars of the past century have been unpopular.

Afghanistan - didn't see much opposition there, and even that was an elective war to some extent. Kinda funny how "all the unpopular wars" are lumped together to try and obfuscate the truth, tho'.

If I was to grant you that the above is all factual and we owe ALL of that to liberals....will you grant me that the reason liberals were ALIVE to do all this is because a Conservative had the balls to go and DIE in an unpopular war (all wars that America has fought in the 20th century were unpopular) that liberals were protesting????:D

Smokie
03-10-2006, 07:40 AM
All the wars in the 20th century? Like WWII?

You don't think after Pearl Harbor it was a popular choice to blow the crap out of the Japanese?

I think you mean the elective wars of the past century have been unpopular.

Afghanistan - didn't see much opposition there, and even that was an elective war to some extent. Kinda funny how "all the unpopular wars" are lumped together to try and obfuscate the truth, tho'.

Pearl Harbor was a cruel setup to get the idiots back then that were protesting our involvement in "Europe's War" to shut the hell up, even back then we had the activist whiners saying "war is bad, let's just mind our own business and it will go away"

Are you going to pretend that you don't know this??? it is documented historical fact.:)

Bluerauder
03-10-2006, 07:40 AM
:popcorn:
It is very interesting to sit back and read all of the various opinions that have been expressed here. Kinda "educational" really. I have some thoughts of my own ... pretty strong ones in fact .... but I think that I'll just keep 'em to myself ... for now. :D

Haggis
03-10-2006, 07:50 AM
It is very interesting to sit back and read all of the various opinions that have been expressed here. Kinda "educational" really. I have some thoughts of my own ... pretty strong ones in fact .... but I think that I'll just keep 'em to myself ... for now. :D
Come on in Charlie the water's fine.

duhtroll
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Soooo . . .

your answer is a conspiracy theory?

HEHEH - this is post #1941 for me. What's irony, again? :)

The only "conspiracy" I know of regarding Pearl Harbor is that the Japanese told us, flat out, they were going to attack us and the message never reached Washington in time.

As for the setup, I suppose the Japanese were in on it -- that they built that huge fleet to attack us only to goad us into the war? They musta been paid by those conspiracy guys!

Wait -- it was liberal taxes that financed it! Damn them!

Pearl Harbor was a cruel setup to get the idiots back then that were protesting our involvement in "Europe's War" to shut the hell up, even back then we had the activist whiners saying "war is bad, let's just mind our own business and it will go away"

Are you going to pretend that you don't know this??? it is documented historical fact.:)

Smokie
03-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Soooo . . .

your answer is a conspiracy theory?

HEHEH - this is post #1941 for me. What's irony, again? :)

The only "conspiracy" I know of regarding Pearl Harbor is that the Japanese told us, flat out, they were going to attack us and the message never reached Washington in time.

As for the setup, I suppose the Japanese were in on it -- that they built that huge fleet to attack us only to goad us into the war? They musta been paid by those conspiracy guys!

Wait -- it was liberal taxes that financed it! Damn them!

Conspiracy is your word not mine, FDR need it something to shut up the anti-war movement back then, Pearl Harbor was a surprise only to the poor souls that were blown up because they never recieved the warning they derserved.

If not for the whiners back then we would have entered the war in 1939 and many lives on both sides would have been saved, joke all you like, but FDR knew we had to fight, the whiners delayed our involvement by at least 2 years.

Haggis
03-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Man this is the most posts any of my threads ever received. Even more then the; "Marauderchick's Bigger Things Fund".

Continue.....

SergntMac
03-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Chuck...Call your mother, she wants Jack Bauer's phone number

dwasson
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
OK, I'll discuss:

Because there is no vital American interest there. You have to ask two questions:

What happens to the US if we ignore it?
Is it worth getting some American mother's kid killed for it?

dwasson
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM

Because the Social Security funds were not invested, but were paid out to current retirees, there is no envelope with your money in it. The money that you receive will be what is paid in by some person younger than you. If you live to collect Social Secuirity over 10 years you will collect every penny you paid in, plus more. It's a silly system.

natedog1284
03-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Man this is the most posts any of my threads ever received. Even more then the; "Marauderchick's Bigger Things Fund".

Continue.....

I wonder how this is all gonna end though....think it will fizzle out by itself as people realize that, despite their best efforts, no one is gonna convince anyone else who feels differently? Or do you think it'll end abruptly, as in one of the administrators cuts it off? Either way, I think I'll sit back and enjoy the show....

dwasson
03-10-2006, 02:52 PM
You know, I've always supported those in the military but this attitude has me puzzled.

Please explain what domestic enemies we are thwarting by fighting in Iraq. (?) I'm still at a loss as to how invading Iraq has made America any safer. Seems to me there have been more Americans dying (not to mention Iraqis) SINCE Saddam was overthrown. Maybe you could explain that?

On September 12, 2001 would you have bet that there would not be another major terrorist attack on US soil in the next 4 years? I wouldn't have. I subscribe to the theory that the war in Iraq is "flypaper for terrorists". Because terrorists are in Iraq, trying to kill American soldiers, they are not here, trying to kill American civilians.

Now add in some facts. Iraq had large stockpiles of poison gas, WMDs, that they transferred to Syria (also a Baathist government) before the invasion. There were strong connections between Saddam and islamic terrorists. Some of these chemicals were captured when Jordanian security forces broke up a planned attack on the US Embassy in Amman. Saddam paid the families of a Palestinian suicide bombers a $25K reward. The mastermind of the Achelle Lauro highjacking was captured in Baghdad by US soldiers. We have discovered many terrorist training camps along with evidence that they were financed by Saddam.

To paraphrase Dennis Miller, since al Quaeda and Saddam both think that the US is the Great Satan, is too much of a leap to think that they are on each other's ********* speeddial?

All the evidence I'm seeing tells me that the social group that supports the war in Iraq the most are the soldiers. The soldiers think that they are accomplishing US goals on the war on terrorism (A title that bothers me, it isn't a war on terrorism, it's a war islamo-fascists who want to kill us or rule us.).

dwasson
03-10-2006, 02:55 PM

The Republicans and Democrats are both muggers. The Republicans will try to leave you enough to call for a ride home.

usafsniper
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Great answer...unfortunately, US response to atrocities has become an event that only occurs if there's something in it for us, or we lose something if we don't. Those with the ability to right wrongs should...not just sit back and let fellow members of the human race be exterminated or be victims of gross violence.

Why are we in Iraq? Why would a woman being ***** next door need help? Why should one intervene if you know a kid is being abused? Why should we be in the Sudan? Because it's the right thing to do. Is military power the answer to everything? No. But unfortunately, history has shown, it's solved more problems and righted more injustices than any other method.

I don't want to die in the Sudan, or Iraq, or Afganistan any more than anyone else. I don't want my oldest son or anyone else's to die in any of those places either. But I believe we exist for more than just ourselves, and I couldn't face God with my head held high knowing I did nothing, when I could have done something, anything at all, to keep another man, woman or child from murder, starvation, or genocide.

So if it seems I have a chip on my shoulder, I do, not against liberals or anything as ridiculous as that. It's against the mentality that we should sit idly by and do nothing to help the human race, on any continent, become a better place to live for everyone.

I guess we should have ignored Hitler too until he set foot on the east coast? After all, it's not like he was burning bodies in our back yard...

BruteForce
03-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Just when you guys start to get me all worked up about conservative shortsightedness, you drop a load of reasonable thought in my lap? :lol:

Robert I agree with you wholeheartedly. The problem is that to try and right ALL the wrongs of this world requires we become (more than we already are) the world's police force. That's the thing about dealing with human beings. After you've moved in and cracked a few heads, everybody straightens up for a bit until you move on to the next mess. Once you're gone, they pick up where they left off. Kind of a macro version of neighborhood police work. It isn't reasonable to think we can be everywhere at the same time; a de facto world occupation force.

What do you think is the best way to go about helping those people most in need? How do you prioritize? Rhetorical questions, I know, but maybe if we discuss we'd get a better idea of where we should be concentrating.

Great answer...unfortunately, US response to atrocities has become an event that only occurs if there's something in it for us, or we lose something if we don't. Those with the ability to right wrongs should...not just sit back and let fellow members of the human race be exterminated or be victims of gross violence.

Why are we in Iraq? Why would a woman being ***** next door need help? Why should one intervene if you know a kid is being abused? Why should we be in the Sudan? Because it's the right thing to do. Is military power the answer to everything? No. But unfortunately, history has shown, it's solved more problems and righted more injustices than any other method.

I don't want to die in the Sudan, or Iraq, or Afganistan any more than anyone else. I don't want my oldest son or anyone else's to die in any of those places either. But I believe we exist for more than just ourselves, and I couldn't face God with my head held high knowing I did nothing, when I could have done something, anything at all, to keep another man, woman or child from murder, starvation, or genocide.

So if it seems I have a chip on my shoulder, I do, not against liberals or anything as ridiculous as that. It's against the mentality that we should sit idly by and do nothing to help the human race, on any continent, become a better place to live for everyone.

I guess we should have ingnored Hitler too until he set foot on the east coast? After all, it's not like he was burning bodies in our back yard...

Mike Poore
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Great answer...unfortunately, US response to atrocities has become an event that only occurs if there's something in it for us, .....
.....I guess we should have ingnored Hitler too until he set foot on the east coast? After all, it's not like he was burning bodies in our back yard...

I wondered and am amazed how/why this thread was allowed to continue when far less inflammatory threads had been squashed, from the get-go. Then I thought, well, since everyone knows there's never going to be malicious intent from anything Gordon posts, and since it's him posting, surely everyone's going to enjoy the joke.

However, some, as usual, took offense and I thought that's gonna kill it for sure, but most everyone started to enjoy the humor and the posts got pretty good, from both sides of the isle

Finally, here we are, having read Robert's post, and I understand why the thread survived; to hear and listen to what this young patriot soldier has just said to us. I salute you Sir, God bless you.

dwasson
03-10-2006, 09:22 PM

I wasn't saying that we shouldn't go into Sudan. I was explaining why we probably won't.

There are a lot of people who want the US military to intervene in terrible situations in the world are against intervention in places where there is a vital national interest. One unintended consequence of the beating that Bush has taken on Iraq, will be a reluctance by future presidents to use the military in any situation.

This is an interesting article on the Jacksonian political tradition. (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2751/is_1999_Winter/ai_58381618) Jacksonians are important because they are the segment of the population who both supports the military and enlists in the military. I expect that many of you will identify with the subject of the article.

dwasson
03-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Just when you guys start to get me all worked up about conservative shortsightedness, you drop a load of reasonable thought in my lap? :lol:

Robert I agree with you wholeheartedly. The problem is that to try and right ALL the wrongs of this world requires we become (more than we already are) the world's police force. That's the thing about dealing with human beings. After you've moved in and cracked a few heads, everybody straightens up for a bit until you move on to the next mess. Once you're gone, they pick up where they left off. Kind of a macro version of neighborhood police work. It isn't reasonable to think we can be everywhere at the same time; a de facto world occupation force.

What do you think is the best way to go about helping those people most in need? How do you prioritize? Rhetorical questions, I know, but maybe if we discuss we'd get a better idea of where we should be concentrating.

In the absence of another superpower, the US is seen as the "policeman of the world". Moreso, because the rest of the world, if they really think about it, knows that the US is the only large nation that can be trusted with this sort of power. There aren't many nations that can get logistic support to a few thousand soldiers a few hundred miles outside their borders. Even Canada, which is very active in peacekeeping aroud the world, frequently needs US military transport assistance to carry out their missions at home and abroad.

I call it the "Superman syndrome". Imagine that you are Superman. You've spent the day saving people from runaway trains, and doing other good deeds. When you try to sleep your superhearing still detects screams for help. Do you sleep and let these people die? Or do you stay awake until you get sick?

With the 24 hour news cycle, and the ability to send video of terrible events from around the world, we are like Superman trying to get a night's sleep.

usafsniper
03-10-2006, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the reply...but you give me more credit than I'm due. I wish to God I knew the answer, but I don't. I just know doing nothing is NOT the answer. I know also that many contribute in different ways and not everyone is suited for the military. I'd never begrudge them that. I hate to say it, but our country is going the way of the old Roman Empire. We can have whatever we want, whenever we want it. That breeds an attitude of superiority, and in becoming so full of ourselves, we've forgotten what it's like to have nothing. Our own gratification has become more important than the sorrows of others. At one point, our forefathers penned these words...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

If we truly believe that all men are created equal, and endowed with the inaliable rights, then we should use the power and might possessed by our government to assist others in achieving that goal, should that goal be desired. How can we promote that without military force? Just a few suggestions.

1. Don't elect government officials just because they belong to a specific party.
2. Research the people you intend to place in power before you vote.
3. Write your congressmen and get involved with groups that advocate proper and just action.
4. Don't let life become so involved, that you become uninvolved.
5. Every American has a voice, but only about 10% use it.

DEFYANT
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Whats is taking so long? Why is this thread still here? Are the mods sleeping? Or is it that nobody has registered a complaint yet?

usafsniper
03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Whats is taking so long? Why is this thread still here? Are the mods sleeping? Or is it that nobody has registered a complaint yet?

LOL...I've wondered myself...time for a new topic. What's up with the twin screw whipple supercharger?

TripleTransAm
03-10-2006, 10:55 PM

My turn to take this one out...

I'll take one for the team: cover me, boys, I'm going in....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88 03&stc=1&d=1142056526

DEFYANT
03-10-2006, 11:01 PM
yup, that'll do it. You offend some dude now and they'll zap the thread

dwasson
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
My turn to take this one out...

I'll take one for the team: cover me, boys, I'm going in....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88 03&stc=1&d=1142056526

I hate that Cougar logo. I demand that this be replaced with godsheads.

DEFYANT
03-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I hate that Cougar logo. I demand that this be replaced with nipples.

.....:eek:.....

DEFYANT
03-10-2006, 11:13 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/352-hugeboobies.jpg

Here, try these on....

TripleTransAm
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I hate that Cougar logo. I demand that this be replaced with nipples.

No can do. Ironically, there's this certain 1986 Cougar going around now with nipples on its C-pillars. :baaa:

de minimus
03-10-2006, 11:24 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/352-hugeboobies.jpg

Here, try these on....

That should do it.......

BruteForce
03-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Quick sabotage the thread! I think there might be consensus forming! Can't have that.

Leadfoot281
03-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Interesting.... A thread called "The history of mankind" starts with a joke and (potentially) ends with boobs. Hmmmm something funny and possibly ironic about that.:)