PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is Going on Around Here???

Smokie
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
There is a section where you can go and view "Forum Leaders"

Here is what I just learned, MERCMAN (Dan) is not listed anywhere.

We have Moderators and Administrators, not sure what the hell the difference is.

As far as Moderators go:

MI2QWK4U: Basically moderates everything except for vendor and regional clubs.

MM03MOK: Polls, Resource Room

RF OVERLORD: Resource Room

Administrators:

MI2QWK4U

MM03MOK

SILVER_2000

Who is Silver_2000 he has 6 total posts???

When did Dan quit???

SergntMac
03-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Dan (MercMan) didn't quit us, Javier. He got fired.

Dave (MI2QWK4U) is a moderator.

Bob (RFOverLord) is a moderator.

Mary (MM03MOK) is a moderator.

I have no idea who Silver_2000 is, in any way, shape, or, form.

Smokie
03-09-2006, 06:22 PM

Dan is a good man and a good friend, I am deeply sorry to hear this.....

MM2004
03-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SergntMac

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dan is a good man and a good friend, I am deeply sorry to hear this.....

I feel the same way.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard what the "official" reason was as to why Dan was relieved of his Administrative responsibilities.

Anyone in the know??

Mike.

MM03MOK
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I voluntarily gave up my "moderating" duties a few months ago because I just didn't want to deal with the :bs:displayed between Members. I didn't want to play referee anymore.

I have chosen to remain an Administrator because I personally feel my strengths lie in helping people on the Board and managing some of the back end of the website.

Silver_2000 helps manage the server for Logan.

Smokie
03-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Mary I am certainly glad you stuck it out, you are one of the kindest; most helpful, knowledgeable person in the entire club.:bows:

Hotrauder
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
WHAT HE SAID ^^^^^PERHAPS ON THE PLANET. BUNNY RUNS!!! Dennis:)

O's Fan Rich
03-09-2006, 08:04 PM
PERHAPS ON THE PLANET
No, THAT would be my Mom!
But Mary is OK in my book, too.

KillJoy
03-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Who is Master? Saw that name in Chat last night several times in and out, but never in the forums?????

KillJoy

Bluerauder
03-09-2006, 08:31 PM
There is a section where you can go and view "Forum Leaders"
There used to be a button on the main menu bar that showed "Forum Leaders". Now I can't find it at all. Where's it located?? :dunno:

MM03MOK
03-09-2006, 09:45 PM
There used to be a button on the main menu bar that showed "Forum Leaders". Now I can't find it at all. Where's it located?? :dunno:Go to the main Forums page, just below Upcoming Events.

Marauder2005
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
RFOverlord Rules them all---- HA HA HA!!!!! :)

MarauderMark
03-09-2006, 09:56 PM
its called out with the old and in with the crew, i mean new..:D
Thanks for sticking it out mary you have helped me in so many ways on this since i started here.I surely owe you.:hug2: .

Bluerauder
03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Go to the main Forums page, just below Upcoming Events.
Thanks Bunny !!! I would not have found that by myself ... ;) ... cause I normally just skip on down to the Forums that I am interested in.

Haggis
03-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Who is Master? Saw that name in Chat last night several times in and out, but never in the forums?????

KillJoy
Isn't he the nemesis of Dr. Who?

MarauderMark
03-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Who?....:D

Brutus
03-10-2006, 03:59 PM

Did he tell you that??

Logan
03-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Nobody got "fired". How can I fire somebody I don't pay and is fundamentally volunteering their time? Yeesh...

Dan and I didn't see eye to eye on a few things, big deal, happens.

Dan's as much a valued member of the community as anyone else... Moderators come and go. It's a big job with little thanks, zero pay and a whole lot of abuse... I never blame anyone who doesn't care to do continue doing it...

At least they have a choice... If I made that choice, the site would go too!

dwasson
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Who is Master?

He's the little guy Tina Turner doesn't like.

jimlam56
03-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Nobody got "fired". How can I fire somebody I don't pay and is fundamentally volunteering their time? Yeesh...

Dan and I didn't see eye to eye on a few things, big deal, happens.

Dan's as much a valued member of the community as anyone else... Moderators come and go. It's a big job with little thanks, zero pay and a whole lot of abuse... I never blame anyone who doesn't care to do continue doing it...

At least they have a choice... If I made that choice, the site would go too!
I'm proud and happy to have this forum available to learn more about my Marauder. I assume the owner of this site at least breaks even on his expenses, and he likes to do what he does. That said, I also believe that he can set the rules on who does what, and who says what, and if we don't like it there's always other sites to choose from...
I'm here for the Marauder, and the people that come with it...:beer:

Logan
03-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I assume the owner of this site at least breaks even on his expenses, and he likes to do what he does.

You'd be assuming wrong on the first count, right on the second... Well, most of the time anyway....:pimp:

Master
03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Good day to all,
Master here. I stopped by the chat room last night, and it was the first time in my life I've ever been in a chat room, anywhere. For that reason it seemed best to sit still and shut up. Additionally, as the talk had for some reason turned to illicit consumables, I found I had little to add. After watching the talk go round and round about what was legal and how much it would cost to import, I logged off and went to bed. I'm on the extreme East Coast, so it was pretty late here already.
Hope one day to stop by for a chat and get into some entertaining MM discussions with the veterans. In fact, I'd look forward to it.
And now, its late again, so I'm off to beddy-bye. Play hockey at 11am tomorrow, and I have to be up, active and eating by about 8am or its heart-attack city when I hit the ice.
All the best,

David
aka Master