PDA

View Full Version : I sold my baby!

martyo
03-11-2006, 06:01 PM
No not my Marauder, but my boat.

It was a pretty emotional decision for me, since I bought this boat when my Dad was alive and I took my Dad on his last boat trip on this boat. And, I have been boating for 30 years and this is the first time I have been boat-less in 15 years.

But, it was time for it to go. I will be looking for a replacement, but I will take my time looking.

She served me well:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/My-Boat/aay.sized.jpg

jimlam56
03-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Nice boat!
Where did you dock it?

martyo
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Nice boat!
Where did you dock it?

Stamford, CT

Mad4Macs
03-11-2006, 06:51 PM
You got me! Knowing that you're a lawyer, I took you literally! :D

jgc61sr2002
03-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Marty - You had me worried for a moment.
It's hard to sell a boat but easy to buy.
I'am sure you'll be back on the water before the season begins.

Hotrauder
03-11-2006, 07:57 PM
We are having a lot of " I sold My Baby" lately. Very emotional time, must be near the full moon or something. I have always liked boats and have owned 2. Yours is a beauty. Someone got a really nice boat. Good luck in your search for the next "BABY". Dennis

Marauderman
03-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Not to worry--there are lakes around Altanta--you can get one there and not have to ship it....now that should make you feel better...no shippng charges....and ...huh... I know a guy who is a take charge guy who can seek out that perfect boat and make all the arrangements for you--has had experience in that stuff I hear.........

mpearce
03-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Buy an airplane. A brand new Cessna T182T Turbo Skylane should set you straight. I'm sure you can swing a deal with the folks at Westchester County Airport for a fresh T-hangar.

http://www.vistaair.com/vistaairart/182t4web.jpg

Joe Walsh
03-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Stamford, CT

Hey! What marina? My Dad used to keep our Chris Craft at a marina in Stamford, when I was a kid (living in Stamford off High Ridge Rd.)

stryker
03-11-2006, 10:01 PM
:eek: Ohhhh wowwww you scared me.

STRYKER.

Number1marauder
03-11-2006, 11:57 PM
No not my Marauder, but my boat.

It was a pretty emotional decision for me, since I bought this boat when my Dad was alive and I took my Dad on his last boat trip on this boat. And, I have been boating for 30 years and this is the first time I have been boat-less in 15 years.

But, it was time for it to go. I will be looking for a replacement, but I will take my time looking.

She served me well:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/My-Boat/aay.sized.jpg

Damn, we almost got to go for a ride in it !:P :cloud9: :dogrun:

MM03MOK
03-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Damn, we almost got to go for a ride in it !:P :cloud9: :dogrun:I see Menace finally speaks.

martyo
03-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Damn, we almost got to go for a ride in it !:P :cloud9: :dogrun:

How have you been my friend?

Bluerauder
03-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Boating magazine had very nice things to say about the SeaRay 380 Express Cruiser. I'd settle for a 260; but support on the homefront is zip ..... ;)

Mike Poore
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM
You got me! Knowing that you're a lawyer, I took you literally! :D

:laugh:
Now, that, right there ....THAT'S funny.

Logan
03-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I see Menace finally speaks.

...and he's still banned.

Hotrauder
03-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Mike, my wife called the medi-cab after I read that. yowza, at my age I shouldn't fall that hard on the floor again. One could break ribs laughing that hard. LITERALLY?? Dennis:beer: LOL

marauder307
03-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Buy an airplane. A brand new Cessna T182T Turbo Skylane should set you straight. I'm sure you can swing a deal with the folks at Westchester County Airport for a fresh T-hangar.

I gotta agree with mpearce on that one. Add to it the fact that with as much commuting as you've done between GA and NY for either Legal Kneivel, your paying clients, or both, you could write off a fair amount of the ownership expenses as business expenses and take a big-azz tax break.

I personally wouldn't recommend the turbo though...unless you'd be doing a lot of mountain flying where it would be necessary for high-altitude takeoffs, it would just be extra expense to keep up and it would add measurably to the gas consumption.

Just musing out loud...Sorry to see you have to part with your baby. I'm not much of a boat guy---13 years as a Boatswain's Mate in the USCG pretty much soured me on boat ownership---but I know what it means to part with something you love and that has real emotional meaning for you.

Only one thing to do in this instance: Get something else! :up:

Skiordie53
03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Just checked in on my babyd yesterday. The Chris Craft is due in the water March 25th

martyo
03-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Just checked in on my babyd yesterday. The Chris Craft is due in the water March 25th

Count on me coming for a ride! I will bring my own Diet Mountain Dew!! :D