PDA

View Full Version : Ebay salvage car - blue

jaywish
03-12-2006, 04:26 AM
I wonder if this was the one with the burned left rear qtr from a couple of years ago?

I'm going to see if I can find that old thread.

Maybe this was hit in the back. Does it look like the reverse lights are smoked?

qtrhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4620755349&fromMakeTrack=true

Jay

jaywish
03-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Did find the original thread I had remembered.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6568&highlight=fire+trunk

I can't if this is the sme car since the original thread did not document the VIN

This auction doesn't list any Mods and the original thread indicated that car was destined for many mods.

Jay

BigGuyBigCar
03-12-2006, 06:08 AM
I ran CARFAX. Six owners, four of them before the accident. Was re-ended Nov 2004 at 30133 miles. Salvage title issued May 2005. Rebuilt title issued Dec 2005. Has been driven only 141 miles since the accident (odometer now 30274). Warrenty void.

Petrograde
03-12-2006, 06:10 AM
it looks fairly descent,....

I checked our VIN database,.. no match for 2MEHM75VX3X668025

SergntMac
03-12-2006, 06:15 AM
That's a CV/PI rear end now. Chrome trim, non-smoked back-up lights, black facia...All that's missing is the "police interceptor" logo.

15K feels a bit risky, but if you can bring it home for around 12K, it's not a bad deal. I don't know MI laws, but some states allow a clear title to be issued after a slavage title one it passes inspection.

CRUZTAKER
03-12-2006, 06:27 AM
That's a CV/PI rear end now.

Sure enough...I wonder if those parts were cheaper? Or if the repair shop had no clue? :dunno:

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/7b/0a/90_1.JPG

BigGuyBigCar
03-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, I can forward CARFAX report if anyone really interested. In addition to the accident, I'd worry about why it was already on 4th owner at 20 months. The 4th owner had it only two months between purchase and accident. Sad.

baltimoremm
03-12-2006, 06:59 AM
The repair shop probably didnt have a clue and just threw the CV lights and trim on.
Also, check out the picture of the wheel....blue overspray in the wheelhouse panel. The hood doesnt look like it lines up either in the front end pictures. My guess be a hack shop trying to turn a quick profit.

sabtaj1
03-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Thats alot of money for that. $15,000. I just bought my 03 300a with 51,000 on it (CLEAN TITLE) and I paid 13,900. Think I stole it. So you can always find a great deal. theres gotta be something more wrong with this car.

jakdad
03-12-2006, 07:21 AM
In all likelyhood, the parts came from a wrecking yard and the CV pieces were the best deal. Pretty common practice. I have seen damaged doors, fenders, quarter panels, etc bought by body shops, straightened & put on customers cars. Most of them looked pretty good.

03MERCMARAUDER
03-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Overpriced IMO. Bet upon close inspection the car will have all kinds of porbs.

Joe

CBT
03-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Can anyone find the pictures of the one that caught fire? I never got to see them. And I'd like to prank some friends of mine and tell them mine caught fire doing a burnout, hee hee hee....

RoyLPita
03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
This one actually has Ford extended policy BUT since it has a rebuilt title, It is going to be a headache for the service writer. EVERYTHING that needs to fixed has to be called in for approval. I almost bought one that had a rebuilt title and an extended warranty until I found this info out.

Blackened300a
03-12-2006, 09:16 AM
In all likelyhood, the parts came from a wrecking yard and the CV pieces were the best deal. Pretty common practice. I have seen damaged doors, fenders, quarter panels, etc bought by body shops, straightened & put on customers cars. Most of them looked pretty good.

Point me out to the wrecking yard that has Crown Vic parts. I have been to several Junk yards throughout Queens,Brooklyn,Staten Island and the Bronx and I cant come up with that stupid piece of black trim that goes under the licence plate.

RoyLPita
03-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Point me out to the wrecking yard that has Crown Vic parts. I have been to several Junk yards throughout Queens,Brooklyn,Staten Island and the Bronx and I cant come up with that stupid piece of black trim that goes under the licence plate.

Mine is cracked, too. I'm holding off from spending almost $200 for a new one.

Most salvage yards would sell the trunk lid with that trim piece. Keep us posted.

rayjay
03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Thats a shame, ruined 1 of 328... The least he could have done is put it back together right. Buyer beware, once totalled out, you will not be able to fully insure that car again. :(

magindat
03-12-2006, 11:56 AM
That car ain't straight.
From what I can see in the pics, the frame is at least diamond racked if not buckled in the rear.
Shame.

SergntMac
03-12-2006, 12:12 PM
The blue MM that caught on fire was not involved in a collision. Rather it was a gas tank fire from an open cap. About 75 percent of the car was fine, so, if you see frame damage here, this isn't the fire salvage car.

bagpiper
03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
You can see a CVPI rear panel,Gaps in the rear bumper,moldings off set on rear panel,over spray in the wheel well,A salvage Title.STAY AWAY !! NO matter if you correct the problems it will always have a salvage title.

jaywish
03-12-2006, 05:41 PM

Some parts are hard to get. 16" alloy wheels in OK shape were very tough. I'm told the larger fleets have purchase deals with the yards. Can't say if it's true or not. I thought rims would be easy but no way.

Try Joe's Auto Wreckers in Mount Vernon. They might have what you need.

Jay

jaywish
03-12-2006, 05:47 PM
It cerainly is a different car from the burned one. I do wonder what was ever done with that one.

Well at least this one was seemingly hit in the rear. Usually that is the least serious for long term issues. It would be good to see if it tracks straight. I've had cars that crabed down the road and they were perfectly fine to drive , held an alignment no problems at all. Just looked funny from behind.

Jay

jgc61sr2002
03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
I wonder if this was the one with the burned left rear qtr from a couple of years ago?

I'm going to see if I can find that old thread.

Maybe this was hit in the back. Does it look like the reverse lights are smoked?

qtrhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4620755349&fromMakeTrack=true

Jay

It appears to have chrome under the tail lights and the backup and tail lights look clear.