PDA

View Full Version : Imitation = flattery?

TripleTransAm
03-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm not quite sure...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88 09&stc=1&d=1142209896

Spotted this afternoon while out shopping.

jimlam56
03-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Rear bumper cover plus Megs do not equal imitation, maybe flattery...
At a grand plus for that bumper cover he sure wanted to imitate!

Hotrauder
03-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Poor redheaded bastard stepchild, maybe. :D ..Quebec, the French Marauder. Explains the Toque, eh? Dennis:beer:

Marauderman
03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
The GM back up lights and the deck lid reflective red cover give it away----Guy must really wanta be a MM....SORRY.... he paid so much to be a nothing!!!!!!!!!!!......Tom

Bluerauder
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not quite sure....
I don't know ... it is pretty close. :rofl: Had me fooled. ;) The dust and dirt is a give-away !! ;)

wsmylie
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
An odd looking rig..... Wonder what other cosmetic "upgrades" he added inside & under the hood?:D

Marauderman
03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
An odd looking rig..... Wonder what other cosmetic "upgrades" he added inside & under the hood?:D
..we would like to have him show up next to us and find out--right??..

RCSignals
03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
The GM back up lights and the deck lid reflective red cover give it away----Guy must really wanta be a MM....SORRY.... he paid so much to be a nothing!!!!!!!!!!!......Tom

The tail lights are Marauder...the body side moulding is Marauder....the wheels might just be his winter wear....perhaps it is a Marauder and he dressed it up with that top, the chrome wheel flares, and wanted a fancier deck lid to go with it all?

That isn't what you've done to mm#1 as revenge is it Steve? :)

TripleTransAm
03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I hadn't noticed the chrome wheel flares. ugh.

To be honest, when I was debating my first Marauder purchase, I was wondering if it was feasible to swap in the Marquis center panel... I was always a big fan of full width tail lights since my love affair with a certain 1985 Parisienne and my Trans Ams. However, I really don't like the later Marquis tail panels with that chrome strip on top. Anyway, I eventually got used to the Police Interceptor rear end.

RCSignals
03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I like some of the full width tail lights as well, as long as they are actual tail lights and not just a red reflector like the GM and many other cars today.

CBT
03-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I like the mud flaps. No I don't.

TripleTransAm
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I like some of the full width tail lights as well, as long as they are actual tail lights and not just a red reflector like the GM and many other cars today.

I'm with you 100% on that one. At the time, I did not know it was just a reflective panel.

It was kind of cool and windy, so I didn't have time to go check out the front end of the Marquis to determine what model year range it belonged to (or if he had done any front end work). Had to get the family inside the mall, a higher priority task at that moment.

Maybe it's my eyes, but there appears to be some reflective striping on the ribs of the taillamps, no? I don't find the PI-style taillamps integrate well with the Marquis center panel. If that blacked-out strip (chrome on CVs) had carried across the entire width of the center panel, then maybe it would have worked better.

I would have completely missed spotting this car while I was driving around looking for a parking spot, if it hadn't been for my oldest son calling out "hey, it's a Marauder!". When I looked back, I saw what he was pointing at and agreed with him (he's 4 years old... he sees CVPIs, Town Cars, etc. and calls them all Marauders). Only when I came around facing this car did my eyes bug out... "huh?? WTF is that?" and started snapping photos.

RCSignals
03-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I agree on the taillights, they just don't match the reflector panel at all....and those added strips don't help it out.

WTF is that is right on the money. Just have to love that top! But then, somebody probably loves that car :)

BAD MERC
03-13-2006, 06:17 AM
I do believe that is the ultra-rare Marauder Brougham with the 'Grand Marqius' package. It is unbelievable that you captured this photo opportunity!!

Bradley G
03-13-2006, 06:24 AM
Or as spoken in some parts, "Bro-ham":P
I do believe that is the ultra-rare Marauder Brougham with the 'Grand Marqius' package. It is unbelievable that you captured this photo opportunity!!